WHSmith - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

WOULD YOU LIKE TO ADD YOUR POLL RESPONSE?

• Total voters
Littlewoods here. Was that gone by your time here?

I remember the tail (pun intended) end of it. All sorts of filth went down in there, but I’d mostly hang out at Filton Church and the Colston Street loos.

Ours was fire bombed by the IRA in the 1970s and then didn't reopen until the 1990s, so I missed the glory days, but I understood the appeal.

I moved to the UK in the 90’s and definitely frequented Woolworths stores as I was always a total music/chart geek so used to walk around all the stores on a Monday to see where the shops had placed each new single, but I am sure it must have been unbelievable as a child.

I remember the tail (pun intended) end of it. All sorts of filth went down in there, but I’d mostly hang out at Filton Church and the Colston Street loos.
Were the ones in Quakers Friars still open then? In the car park next to the old register office.

We need a SUBforum for these iconic WHAT DO YOU THINK threads methinks
They stem back from Dotmusic. Something the forum admin did. I feel like they're linked to the time they added hyperlinks to posts, although I may be misremembering. I thought WHAT DO YOU THINK, was such an amusingly blunt way to address an issue.

Oh, so they DID. Automated posts.

"Blur have announced a new single - WHAT DO YOU THINK"? With "Blur" "single" and "THINK" all underlined in green and taking you to weirdly irrelevant advertising sites.

Expensive as fuck but I always buy mints, magazines, newspapers and books when I go abroad.

I was in Palma airport last month and they were charging 6 euros for two bottles of 500ml water!

Well it's not going to make much sense but I was homesick most of the time and some shops like WHSmith made me feel like I wasn't very far from it.
And it also had a variety of gay magazines. And I still have a nice purple stapler from them. 🤷‍♂️
confused-gif.gif

You are in Greece, no? Did they sell an ATLAS? Or is WH Smith GREEK?

It’s OBVIOUSLY vile, greedy and nasty with nothing to be said for it beyond carpet laughs and amusement generated by the general state of it. I bought some fags from the Victoria station branch a while ago and got very little change from £20. Was so disappointed because I was crying out for a copy of Knave to read on the tube :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom