Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In all fairness those promo pics (the official ones) were meant to be teasers to the beginning of filming and not shots from the film. They’re meant to be a pop of color in the darkness.

She JUST needs to BRING IT for Thank Goodness and For Good. I really can’t imagine the latter working with her and Arivo harmonising.

I hope Ariana's acting abilities have improved since Victorious and Scream Queens.

Obviously they should have cast Abigail Breslin, but we've got who we've got.

That picture of Ariana looks FABULOUS :disco:

Must be No One Mourns The Wicked, so is that her bubble she's standing on? :o

Here's some audio from footage that was played at a convention

Oh, I’m not sure I like that. Have heard 10+ versions from the stage that sound better. Weird riffing there that’s just not appropriate for a movie.

Last edited:
I'm actually really liking what we've seen and heard so far, and I think that riff is wonderful (and I haven't heard a riff like that live or on YouTube). I guess they want to out their own stamp on it, just like Halle Bailey in The Little Mermaid.

Last edited:
I'd rather she just did it the normal way but I suppose she's intent on leaving her mark on the part and the songs!

She is a phenomenal singer though, so I'll let her away with it

Just on my way back from the show - much better than the rubbish deal I snuck in on that rainy day in May (when the circle was half empty) as I took one of my best friends who had never seen it and her 5 year old daughter, with centre 4th row stalls (never been that close before).

Said 5 year old is very mature for her age and even though I thought it might be better getting a matinee, her mum insisted she’d be fine, which thankfully she was. She also only just watched The Wizard of Oz yesterday for the first time. Also highly amusing watching it with newbies and the comments after…

“HOW DOES SHE SING SO LOUD?”

“Why did the scarecrow pretend not to like the witch in the film, when he really liked her?”

“I really liked it when she changed from a pink dress into a yellow dress”

Me in interval: “Did you like it when she was flying?”
Her: “I don’t think she was really flying. There was a big sheet covering her when she went up in the air” :D

:love:

It's such a bold choice to split a musical that only has ONE GOOD SONG into two parts, isn't it

It's such a bold choice to split a musical that only has ONE GOOD SONG into two parts, isn't it

Maybe they can add a reprise in the second one so there's enough 'Popular' to go around.

I genuinely love Defying Gravity, No Good Deed, For Good, Popular and I'm Not That Girl. Struggling to think of many other musicals where I have such strong affection for 5 songs.

I genuinely love Defying Gravity, No Good Deed, For Good, Popular and I'm Not That Girl. Struggling to think of many other musicals where I have such strong affection for 5 songs.

For me I adore ALL OF THEM apart from Something Bad, A Sentimenal Man and March of the Witch Hunters

There are certainly many other musical where I love 5+ songs though.

Annnnd it’s gone 🥴

It was an unfinished trailer/preview of the film(s). Looked really good!

We’re just lucky that he remembered to bring his potato so that he would have something to record it on.

Praying that that is a guide voice track because that narrator is USELESS :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom