Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And another year before it’s out

A very LQ trailer has leaked so the assumption is that it's dropping during the Super Bowl.

Glinda the Good Witch halftime show WHEN?

That last note of 'gravity' sounds like someone about to hurl.

The trailer doesn't make it look like a musical either!

The trailer doesn't make it look like a musical either!
Oh I really hope they don’t screw this up :( It still needs fun and humour. Again, something I’ve never seen Erivo do.

I guess she wanted to make the riff her own but it’s just too much 👎

Liked the trailer otherwise

IMG_6300.jpeg

Great poster.

I don’t think the visuals look sumptuous at all, it’s all flat as a pancake, lit horribly and greenscreened to the hilt. Why don’t the colours pop like the poster?

And that riff. Oh Cyn NO :D

Let’s just say I won’t be replacing the OBC album anytime soon.
:D

Maybe she gets her cape tangled around the broomstick as she’s flying in this version

Or one of the Flying Monkeys goes rogue and tries to throttle her :D

I still think Cynthia Erivo is miscast. She doesn’t have Elphaba’s vulnerability and warmth.

They’re both terribly cast I think (and I love Ariana generally). It’s just weird casting all round.

It looks great!

Putting the most important note of the entire score in the trailer was a choice though, especially when it sounds OFF. People are going to have a field day with that.

Which is probably good actually - it’ll give them time to change it :eyes:

Yes, though it's now listed on IMDB as just "Wicked", rather than "Wicked: Part One". "Wicked: Part Two" is still there though.

They're definitely playing it coy.
I’d prefer it if they were released maybe 6 months apart. Would give time for Part 1 to be available to buy/stream just in time for Part 2 to be a Summer hit. Not gonna happen.

Regarding that final note: I think they used a different one in that audio clip from some convention that was leaked a while ago? Maybe they have several takes to choose from and this was the shortest one or whatever. Just like Anne Hathaway's I Dreamed a Dream in the Les Mis trailer was different from the one used in the final film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom