Wonka

Chocolate or dog shite?

• Total voters

jivafox

the bitch
Pronouns
he/him
This is a musical but the trailer seems to avoid that fact for now.

It looks beautiful

But the lack of personality on the “scratch that, reverse it” line just makes me want to go and watch Gene Wilder instead

I’ll reserve judgement but I would have expected Timothy Chamalet to make more of such an iconic character than is suggested in that clip

I know Gene Wilder and Johnny Deep set a precedent but when I read Charlie and The Chocolate Factory as a child, I never read Wonka as an American.

I've been using the Calm app sleep stories this week and there's a seemingly very charming Charlie and the Chocolate Factory one, but I can't tell you how good it is, because I fall asleep after 5 minutes or so every time :D

I've been using the Calm app sleep stories this week and there's a seemingly very charming Charlie and the Chocolate Factory one, but I can't tell you how good it is, because I fall asleep after 5 minutes or so every time :D
Have you tried jamming your head in the tumble dryer and switching on?

Lol his fans are having a meltdown after he kissed a Jenner at the Beyoncé concert

Social media is transforming certain corners of the human race into absolute sociopaths.

Where does this owning of famous people suddenly come from? Horrible horrible subculture.

Bonkers. Let’s just focus on what is important - he’s a horrible actor

Let's just focus on what is important - making choclat o' course

I’m a bit obsessed with these deranged obsessives! The fact the woman who runs that account is in her 50s is wild.

What a very hinged person (sorry for taking over the film thread but let’s face it, it’s not gonna be as entertaining as this)

NEW TRAILER. I think it looks utterly inessential, but quite fun and lavish in that CGI way. They're still pretending it's not a musical, mostly, but it does feature another burst of makin choclat o' course

Neil Hannon has written songs for this? Is it a full blown musical then or just a few little jingles here and there?

They’re selling it to the Paddington crowd, and they weren’t musicals so I’m guessing they want to keep it as similar as possible.

Marketing thinking that “tricking” people who hate musicals into seeing something they otherwise wouldn’t go to is a good idea. It didn’t work with Sweeney Todd.
I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I remember seeing Sweeney Todd in the cinema and multiple people getting up and storming out the first MOMENT someone started singing :D So that marketing worked on them, at least!

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I remember seeing Sweeney Todd in the cinema and multiple people getting up and storming out the first MOMENT someone started singing :D So that marketing worked on them, at least!

I certainly had the same reaction to Johnny Depp's "singing" :D

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
It worked to sell the ticket, not so much the word of mouth on the film!

Reactions: COB
I get why, but also it is odd when Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory WAS A MUSICAL

Or is this a prequel to the Johnny Depp version :eyes:

At least they've been clever enough to keep Pure Imagination in there - it had to be shoehorned into the West End production when people wondered what had happened to it.

Anyway, this looks mediocre and Timmy's star has definitely waned for me - he seems so boring. I blame the Kardashians. I did like the bit with the rival sweet makers though, but I bet they're in it for FIVE minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom