A Nadine Coyle post-GA thread

I don't know why I expected otherwise but no European dates :sad:

I like that she is releasing a new album. It won't sell well but it could be good as long as she sticks to the "Go to Work" style and not endless ballads like Insatiable.

That would be funny as fuck...the other 4 all show up to each gig and spend it signing autographs, chatting to fans and then just glide to the front and stare at her when she sings a GA song.

I mean, is anyone really going to hear Nadine's new material;. She might as well call her new EP "Pissbreak".

Reactions: Zu
What absolute, self-aggrandizing bullshit! The others should tour without her out of spite.

Are you meant to air your dirty laundry in your bio? Tesco stocking problems, Irish Mist being too much like hard work...

However, YES to a Call The Shots-esque semi-ballad. :disco:

That would be funny as fuck...the other 4 all show up to each gig and spend it signing autographs, chatting to fans and then just glide to the front and stare at her when she sings a GA song.

I mean, is anyone really going to hear Nadine's new material;. She might as well call her new EP "Pissbreak".

Sarah scrambling on stage halfway through every song to scream "HERE I AAAAAAAAAAAM WALKING PRIMROSE".

Her CHRONIC FATIGUE MISERY and Mammy searching for the Unsayshubull CD all over Derry tales are utterly iconic.

Also the fact that her role in Girls Aloud was THE VOICE :D

TEK MEI NAYME AFF THAT TWEEEET!

That entirely unnecessary About page is gold from start to finish. I actually can't believe any of that is on her site. It's like it's been hacked by an over zealous fan with about 10% of the facts, only the sad thing is said fan is probably HER.

God bless the "forward thinking, future classic" that is Go To Work :D

Do the Xenomania people secretly hate her because none of this stuff is much cop is it. I can imagine them sniggering to themselves as they watch her earnestly warbling away, saying:

"It's literally worse than Fix Me Up but she thinks it's a hit. Again."

"Is that what she said?"

"I don't know what she said"

She had her chance with Insatiable and they fucked it in the worst way (because they all hated her then presumably).

What I wouldn't give for another Runnin, Chained, Raw, ANYTHING :(

Total shit. And I actually liked Go To Work. I think it's less Nadine's fault though than the fact that Xenomania are a complete joke now. Clearly Brian Higgins was never actually the architect of all that genius.

The debut album has some really good pop songs on it. Put Your Hands Up and Lullaby for instance are both winners.

That About page :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If each member of the band had a role, then Nadine’s was The Voice.

cheryl-cole-gif-30.gif

Often demoing the songs with Brian ahead of the other girls during the band’s tenure

HugeOffbeatGelada-max-1mb.gif

I dont like Girls on Fire at all. I've said this before but Nadine clearly, obviously, has a great voice but only in small doses. Am I the only one that gets sick of it after a few minutes? The inconvenient truth is that she needs GA more than GA need her.

The chorus is passable I suppose, but overall it is a big mess. If she really has something Call The Shots-esque in the locker, why go with THIS?

I dont like Girls on Fire at all. I've said this before but Nadine clearly, obviously, has a great voice but only in small doses. Am I the only one that gets sick of it after a few minutes? The inconvenient truth is that she needs GA more than GA need her.

The problem I think is that she never seems to have learned HOW to use her voice properly. It's 90% honk or bellow.

Gossip is by far my favourite so far.

I like Gossip. She is still doing a lot with her voice but it is a good sound for her, much better than Girls On Fire anyway. It doesn't sound like a single, but I assume it is just a song from her EP - how many songs are we getting anyway?

Riding high at #101 and heading straight for the top of the pops on UK iTunes :disco:

Oh no sorry, @Marilyn is quite right: the WHOLE EP is number 3 on the ALBUMS CHART :side-eye:

Last edited by a moderator:
So is a release featuring more than one song (or four sizzling hot hits in Queen Nadine’s case OBVIOUSLY) now an ALBUM? :confused:

So is a release featuring more than one song (or four sizzling hot hits in Queen Nadine’s case OBVIOUSLY) now an ALBUM? :confused:

As well all know the charts are so confusing these days but I think four or more individual tracks (i.e. not a bunch of remixes of the same song) counts as an album for UK chart purposes

Nadine and Brian obviously going for that avant-garde and very cutting edge WILFULLY DRAB SOUND on ‘Something In Your Bones’ which has all the va va voom of a Jaki Graham b-side

07 Girls On Fire
05 Gossip
04 September Song
04 Something In Your Bones
(08 Go To Work - why was this hot-ish shit excluded?)

Not IDEAL

:D at those generous marks

I don’t even feel sorry for Nadine anymore which just about says it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom