ABBA - Voyage

Is it too much to hope it's somehow related to the Little Things video, though?

Is it too much to hope it's somehow related to the Little Things video, though?
875D147E-F841-45EE-AD3F-80C054675695.jpeg

How would you even do a video related to the song? Ok the Christmas but is easy but the fucking while the grandchildren are downstairs?

Why are they showing the kids doing a dance at a completely different tempo and energy level of the song? Oh and playing entirely different instruments too.

This is also the worst Abba song I have ever heard.

I was hopeful of disliking Little Things less at Christmas, but I think that video has scuppered any chance of that.

They could have at least had the ABBAlings performance match the song :D

I didn't realise Little Things was also for UNICEF. I don't think it will be quite the cash cow Chiquitita has been.

Oh I quite like that video :D

I mean drivel of course but it’s nothing to do with the song or granny getting fingerbanged on Christmas morn, and that’s a good thing

A sort of meta ABBA-Christmas play
I thought the moopers who made Moopy Karaoke videos on a shoestring would appreciate it more

Moopy Karaoke open now

• Love
Reactions: COB
Voyage reclaims #1 from 30 in Sweden and Germany

Well as an unapologetic Keep an Eye on Dan STAN I am hopeful for a proper wintery disco video for THAT cum Feb 2022?

I was tempted of elevating it off the bottom of my Voyage top ten a few days ago. The video has ruined any chance of that happening.

Confirmed #1 album of the year in Germany. Obviously one of the annoying year end charts before the year actually ends, but considering it knocked Adele off #1 last week I assume there's a pretty good chance it has #1 for the whole year sewn up anyway.

A bit about the promotional campaign

So we should be getting another single then. I'd seen fans speculating there wouldn't be, but it seemed odd to me to think they wouldn't keep the the campaign ticking over until May when the show opens.

When we were strategising the campaign, we were looking at their streaming data and, actually, their biggest audience on Spotify was 18 to 24-year-olds. Compared to all the other legendary acts on Universal, they had by far the biggest young audience and their audience indexed far younger, which makes sense if you think about the way their music has been reintroduced to generations of people over the last 40 years. So we knew there'd be a streaming appetite for new music

This is interesting and very encouraging as well.

When we were strategising the campaign, we were looking at their streaming data and, actually, their biggest audience on Spotify was 18 to 24-year-olds. Compared to all the other legendary acts on Universal, they had by far the biggest young audience and their audience indexed far younger, which makes sense if you think about the way their music has been reintroduced to generations of people over the last 40 years. So we knew there'd be a streaming appetite for new music

This is interesting and very encouraging as well.

That is good, but I guess probably skewed because I guess 18-24 are probably a much bigger group on Spotify than any other?

That is good, but I guess probably skewed because I guess 18-24 are probably a much bigger group on Spotify than any other?
That was my first reaction, but the important bit is the next point - compared to all other legendary Universal acts, Abba have a younger audience.

It doesn't really surprise that kids were the biggest. If ever an act has the potential to pass from generation to generation with absolute ease, it's ABBA. Indoctrinated as a child, appreciated as an adult.

The Beatles, Queen and The Bee Gees are all also on subsidiaries of Universal (like Polar), so knowing that Abba are outperforming them with 18-24 year olds is very pleasing.

I was also surprised to see earlier this year that contrary to my expectations, Abba Gold does relatively better on streaming than sales.

Last edited:
Up for Best International Group at the Brits. :disco:
Slightly OT but these new Brit categories are weird. best pop and r and b lumped into one category means Ed Sheeran is competing with Joy Crookes, wtf! Also Little Mix nominated for best international single, assumedly because David Guetta/Galantis feature on the track and poor RAYE lumped into best dance act. Ramdom!

Slightly OT but these new Brit categories are weird. best pop and r and b lumped into one category means Ed Sheeran is competing with Joy Crookes, wtf! Also Little Mix nominated for best international single, assumedly because David Guetta/Galantis feature on the track and poor RAYE lumped into best dance act. Ramdom!
In fairness, Heartbreak Anthem is a Guetta/Galantis single with Little Mix the featured vocalists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom