ABBA - Voyage

All quotes from the interview

FB_IMG_1636633343117.jpg
FB_IMG_1636633349422.jpg
FB_IMG_1636633358472.jpg
FB_IMG_1636633366350.jpg
FB_IMG_1636633374069.jpg

This interview made me cry. She was so gracious talking about Agnetha’s singular talent and she just seems like a genuinely great person. I feel so grateful for this, and for people to understand why I am such a big fan of hers. I’m so glad that she chose I Let The Music Speak. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I first heard it at the ABBA museum in Stockholm and it was the song that turned me from a casual ABBA fan into a Frida-phile. I was completely transfixed by her incredible voice and I stood listening to the short snippet on repeat for about 10 minutes memorising the words so I could go and listen to it again. What a special day x

It's a testament to Moopy's love of Frida that none of you have even mentioned her coming out as a Eurovision hater.

So, BACK TO ME. :D

The album has grown on me. I still think there's some absolute ROT on it, but "Keep An Eye On Dan" is a keeper (albeit that I can't believe they didn't go full out, TITS TO THE WALL POPPERS UP YOUR CHUFF disco for it) and a couple of the ballads have grown.

So STILL NOT LOSING MY SHIT, but I'm more at peace with it not being what I really wanted to hear.

AS YOU WERE.

Reactions: Hak
A reminder of Abba on BBC2 tonight

8pm Abba at the BBC

If you fancy an hour's worth of irresistible guilty pleasures from Anni-Frid, Benny, Bjorn and Agnetha, this is the programme for you. ABBA stormed the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest with their winning entry Waterloo, and this programme charts the meteoric rise of the band with some of their greatest performances at the BBC.

It begins in 1974 with their first Top of the Pops appearance, and we even get to see the band entertaining holidaymakers in Torbay in a 1975 Seaside Special. There are many classic ABBA tunes from the 1979 BBC special ABBA in Switzerland, plus their final BBC appearance on the Late Late Breakfast show in 1982.

This compilation is a must for all fans and includes great archive interviews, promos and performances of some of ABBA's classics including Waterloo, Dancing Queen, Does Your Mother Know, Thank You for the Music, SOS, Fernando, Chiquitita and many more.

9pm The Joy of Abba

Between 1974 and 1982 ABBA plundered the Anglo-Saxon charts but divided critical opinion. This documentary explores how they raised the bar for pop music as a form and made us fall in love with the sound of Swedish melancholy. A saga about the soul of pop.

10pm Agnetha: Abba and after

In this documentary, the BBC have exclusive access to Agnetha Faltskog, 'The Girl with the Golden Hair' as the song goes, celebrating her extraordinary singing career which began in the mid-60s when she was just 15. Within just two years, she was a singing sensation at the top of the charts in Sweden.

Along came husband Bjorn Ulvaeus and the phenomenal band ABBA that engulfed the world in the 70s, featuring Agnetha's touching voice and striking looks. Agnetha lacked confidence on stage as the global demand for the group grew and grew, while being away from her young children caused her great turmoil.

With special behind-the-scenes access to the making of her comeback album, the film follows this reluctant star - the subject of much tabloid speculation since she retreated from the stage post-ABBA - as she returns to recording aged 63. Included in the film is her first meeting with Gary Barlow, who contributes a duet to the new album.

The programme features interviews with Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, Gary Barlow, Tony Blackburn, Sir Tim Rice and record producers Peter Nordahl and Jorgen Elofsson.

11pm Abba in Switzerland

ABBA star in their first European TV special, recorded on location in the Swiss Alps. Also featuring special guests Kate Bush and Roxy Music.

The OCC article states it's getting a video. Lyric videos for every song on the album already exist, so I assume it's something more than that.

Abba Little Things Christmas jumpers, scarves, socks and jigsaws now available from the merch store :santa:

Eighty quid though.

To be honest, I preferred Frida's jumper in the Super Trouper video.

It looks like pulling that jumper on may have slightly dislodged Bjorn's toupée :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom