Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
Read an article today that said that the PM is looking at deaths rather than numbers of cases in relation to whether he would reintroduce restrictions.

Basically, projected deaths of 50,000 in a year would trigger consideration of the reintroduction of some restrictions, which is 137 per day. Depressingly it is all based on cost-benefit analysis in relation to damage to the economy and 50k is the point at which the economic benefit of staying open is counterbalanced by the impact of serious illness and deaths.

A guy I know of and can't stand (his boyfriend is a Trump supporter) runs local gay nights, so I've never been. I noticed there's a new weekly gay night opening nearby and thought that could be fun. I went to his profile to check he wasn't running it.

I find out instead that after months of anti vax posts on his timeline he's now been suffering from horrible covid symptoms for weeks a week after going to a gig in London.

It really is picking off the stupid now.

RERUN BREXIT!

Last edited:
A guy I know of and can't stand (his boyfriend is a Trump supporter) runs local gay nights, so I've never been. I noticed there's a new weekly gay night opening nearby and thought that could be fun. I went to his profile to check he wasn't running it.

I find out instead that after months of anti vax posts on his timeline he's now been suffering from horrible covid symptoms for weeks a week after going to a gig in London.

RERUN BREXIT!
(to be clear, I'm primarily liking the last sentence)

The thing I find fascinating is how everything just pivots towards another conspiracy. Twitter is now awash with claims that anti-vaxxers who die of COVID are actually being killed by THA GUBBERNMENT to silence them. At what point do they finally loop round and fucking GET IT? Idiots.

I’m just seeing outlandish claims of horrendous symptoms as a result of the vaccine. Also that there’s some kind of media blackout about the people dying from it, followed by a link to a mainstream news site about someone who died from it.

Actually the worst are the refusals to send clickable links to sources. Instead, citing reputable medical journals in their made up charts and graphics. When anyone asks for the actual link to the journals, they can’t produce it, so you go to the site of the reputable source and can’t find a thing related to their graphics.

They exist. They just must be shit.

View attachment 4689

Welcome to the party, @Mugatu

1630491460876.png

Figures today are going to be HUGE after the bank holiday, aren’t they?

Don't realise how much I rely on Reddit for info until they have a DRAMA going on and decide to close various subs in protest...

Well I’m sure this is not especially interesting to anyone but as a follow up to my worries a few weeks ago about a boom in Japan:

Tokyo seems to be getting under control, it’s had 10 days in a row of fewer daily cases than 7 days earlier.

however Osaka seems to be persisting, 3000 cases today, I think that’s the first time we broke that barrier :/

We could soon be in the post "case counting" era, which if true, may not be the best news for some but I for one will be very glad of the mental health benefits.

Seems it's inevitable we'll all be exposed to it at some point, but with ~96% protection against severe disease / hospitalisation / death the key will be in looking after your health to make sure you're one of the 96%. And if it's inevitable and endemic then indeed why continue to stress ourselves out over case numbers that we can do little about...

Can we get a summary please? I really can’t be doing with listening to a boffin for 15 minutes of my good time.

Basically he's saying that the experts we've been following all along are now coming to a consensus that herd immunity is definitely NOT possible and we need to learn to live with it. But if you're double jabbed, you're pretty safe anyway. Vaccination it turns out is doing very little in terms of limiting spread so it's going to be with us forever, but still extremely effective in preventing severe disease.

My take off the back of that: it's becoming another strain of the common cold. But a few antivaxxers will be dropping along the way.

Germany is stopping free testing, other countries therefore might well follow suit - it'll be "clinical testing" only i.e. if you end up needing help from a hospital then they'll test and diagnose like with the flu, but won't be keeping an active count as a matter of routine.

As yet there's no hint on if/when the UK will follow suit though so who knows!

The horse thing is taking off. Between getting covid and taking horse medicine the anti vaxxers are taking care of themselves for us (in the meantime they’re spreading it more).

I mean, I'd be worried if the option WASN'T open.

But really, I've got a few gigs and shows, and I'm going down to Devon for a few days in October, so can we either do it next week or wait until November, please?

Vaccine Passports will be a thing in Scotland, even although it was opposed by the Tories, who are having them in England, and Labour, who probably will have them in Wales.

Sure.

I'm going to Germany tomorrow and it's quite the head fuck to figure out the what restrictions are in place there, I'm afraid I am going to fuck something up

at least I'm fully GEIMPFT :disco:

I'm going to Germany tomorrow and it's quite the head fuck to figure out the what restrictions are in place there, I'm afraid I am going to fuck something up

at least I'm fully GEIMPFT :disco:
Is Berghain back open?

Serious question - how infectious is the common cold compared to the Delta varient?

It feels like everybody I know (myself included) has the former at the moment. I’ve tested multiple times but it’s hard not to be a bit nervous…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom