Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (the Grammy winning imperial era)

Marge doing the most 2020 promo of all by :x:ing herself:

(She's deleted the post already)

More on Stella:
OpvVIey.jpg

this will probably be its peak now. a strong result and perfectly timed.

Amazing how much of a chart force she has become.

I'm still such a SLUT for Love Again :disco: I must have played more than half of this album over 100 times each by now but this one is truly fucking evergreen - every time bangs as hard as the first. it's such a groove! I'm so sad it'll never get the majestic Dua-on-rollerskates video it deserves. 12/10

the bass across this album is superb. too many pop songs don't understand the importance of a good filthy bassline.

I didn't post a loon rate at the time but I can't rave enough about Future Nostalgia. A lot of it really reminds me of Fever by Kylie (her best record). You can tell Dua was influenced by songs like In Your Eyes and Love Affair. They would fit perfectly in this tracklist.

08 Future Nostalgia
10 Don't Start Now
07 Cool
10 Physical
09 Levitating
08 Pretty Please
10 Hallucinate
10 Love Again
10 Break My Heart - That run of three songs could save thousands of lives!
07 Good in Bed
02 Boys Will Be Boys

Probably my favourite pop album since Emotion.

I spent several weeks fixated on this transition in the Break My Heart video. I've often wondered what it would be like if I was in the bath and it suddenly transformed into a giant drink :disco:

fvzrlJC.gif

I like Boys Will Be Boys too - it's catchy, has something to say for itself and is well placed on the record. I generally dislike songs that have bits in them about themselves ("If you're offended by this song....") but I think it just about works. Giving it a 2 is like giving your Uber driver 4 stars because he wasn't driving a Maserati.

Reactions: SDF
I think it's the weakest song on it. But I'd probably only go as low as 6 on a really bad day (every Tuesday).

Reactions: SDF
Good In Bed is tragic, but Boys Will Be Boys is just limp. Neither song should be anywhere near Future Nostalgia.

Yeah those 2 I always skip.

Good in Bed sounds sounds like a cartoon theme song or something.

Not to keen on Pretty Please either, but I'll tolerate it because of its inconvenient track placement.

Pretty Please is FABULOUS in all its staccato cowbell glory. The bit where the two choruses play on top of each other is utterly :disco:

I think I’d like Boys Will Be Boys more of the very average Good In Bed wasn’t also on the album and immediately before it. They just ruin the cohesion.

Dunno if this was mentioned already.

Apparently her and Harry Styles declined to perform at this year's VMAs, after they were snubbed in the nominations.

Fair. What's the incentive for them? It's not like either are short of promo opportunities (at the moment, anyway).

VMAs operate on a well known we nominate you, you perform POLICY so it's no surprise they're not performing given that both are only nominated in cinematography and "song of the summer" :eyes:

performance incoming! finally! :o she's doing the Billboard Music Awards on October 14th. no word on what but I'd imagine Break My Heart and maybe a bit of Levitating?

performance incoming! finally! :o she's doing the Billboard Music Awards on October 14th. no word on what but I'd imagine Break My Heart and maybe a bit of Levitating?

Levitating Album Version surely? Or should Madame X start polishing her grillz?

Levitating Album Version surely? Or should Madame X start polishing her grillz?
she'll send a livestream for her parts, which Dua's team will make sure gets lost in a tricky satellite link.

Break My Heart now platinum in the US.

And in TRÈS EXCITANT news...

NINTCHDBPICT000614467766.jpg

Filming something with ANGÈLE :o there's a French reissue in December so I guess she's turned something into a duet to get a cheeky hit there. she really can GO ANYWHERE, DO ANYTHING right now. :disco:

Break My Heart now platinum in the US.

And in TRÈS EXCITANT news...

NINTCHDBPICT000614467766.jpg

Filming something with ANGELE :o there's a French reissue in December so I guess she's turned something into a duet to get a cheeky hit there. she really can GO ANYWHERE, DO ANYTHING right now. :disco:
Ooh I love Angèle, what a good combo :disco:

What's happening with her tour? It was due to start in January but surely that's not happening?

tour pushed back to September @octophone - however on a related note, the planet's current greatest popstar is doing a livestreamed gig which I will absolutely have to get a ticket for

:disco:

announcement on Wednesday!

Using the Liam Payne method, Future Nostalgia must be closing in on 10m sales by now

Filming something with ANGÈLE :o there's a French reissue in December so I guess she's turned something into a duet to get a cheeky hit there. she really can GO ANYWHERE, DO ANYTHING right now. :disco:

Dua Lipa has announced a brand new single to be released later this week.

Fever ft. Belgian pop singer Angèle will be released on Friday October 30 and is available to pre-save now. The pair have been teasing the team up on each other's social media profiles by posting thermometer emojis back and forth.

The collaboration does not feature on the tracklist of her recent Number 1 album Future Nostalgia, nor her remix album Club Future Nostalgia, which featured two previously unreleased tracks.

The music video for the song was filmed earlier this month in London, with Dua hitting back at tabloid reports that the shoot was halted for breaching Government COVID-19 guidelines

www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/dua-lipa-announces-new-single-fever-ft-angele__31461/

OMG. Her livestream goes on sale for £9 tomorrow and it sounds spectacular.

Dua will be joined by a host of surprise superstar guests to deliver a euphoric blast of happiness and good times. Dua will move through custom built sets; surreal tv shows, roller discos, ecstatic raves, trashy rocker hang outs, voguing ballrooms and diva style dressing rooms. Event will accompanied by a cast of musicians, dancers, skaters, aerialists and acrobats.

51.gif

all for under a tenner? take my dollars and serve me everything I need kween! :disco:

Last edited:
OMG. Her livestream goes on sale for £9 tomorrow and it sounds spectacular.

Dua will be joined by a host of surprise superstar guests to deliver a euphoric blast of happiness and good times. Dua will move through custom built sets; surreal tv shows, roller discos, ecstatic raves, trashy rocker hang outs, voguing ballrooms and diva style dressing rooms. Event will accompanied by a cast of musicians, dancers, skaters, aerialists and acrobats.

51.gif

all for under a tenner? take my dollars and serve me everything I need kween! :disco:

I got it through Spotify and it comes with the preshow FOR FREE!

i don't know how these things are organised, but SURELY we must do a moopy groupwatch? IT'S NOT AS IF WE WILL HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO!

TOTALLY AGREE HUN!

I also found a link to get main show for just a fiver so I heartily encourage all Dua stans to GET YER WALLETS OUT FOR THE QUEEN OF POP

Reactions: GNL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom