Euro 2020

What an awful thing to happen. I just hope he’s ok.

I looked back on the footage (to show Mrs. Indie) and they were giving him a defibrillator shock at one point.

It doesn't look great for him, although Fabrice Muamba proves anything is possible.

In other news, they've changed the cricket headline from "England collapse.." to "England fall..."

I'm not sure that's much better.

Not sure how reliable this account is but..

It's so odd that he collapses after he kicks the ball.

Good that he appears to be conscious.

It's incredibly ghoulish to take a photo like that but I'm so glad he's still alive. I still can't believe they showed him getting CPR.

I know it's ghoulish, but natural curiosity got me and I looked for the clip on Twitter. I could only see him getting CPR but hidden by his team mates. Was worse shown?

That photo doesn’t feel problematic to me.

Bizarre choice of the live team not to cut away as soon as we could see the chest compressions.

I know it's ghoulish, but natural curiosity got me and I looked for the clip on Twitter. I could only see him getting CPR but hidden by his team mates. Was worse shown?

Most of it was thankfully hidden by the human shield his team mates formed around him. Why on earth the cameras didn't cut away I do not know.

That was one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life, but beyond relieved he's conscious and stable.

Watching a sheep farming documentary on Channel 5 right now with a soft piano and harp soundbed and it's exactly what I needed right now. I was in shock for about an hour - genuinely haunting stuff to see.

Obviously thrilled the guy's stabilised. He has a not even one year old child. :(

Also feel terrible for the Finnish players. This is their first ever game in a major tournament*!

(* Facts not verified)

Goodness me. What a horrible moment that was. I really did fear the worst.

Really brave for both teams to opt to restart the match this evening.

Did no one predict Finland to win? It doesn’t seemed to have made a dent on the ranking.

Also feel terrible for the Finnish players. This is their first ever game in a major tournament*!

(* Facts not verified)
It was. We've waited for so long to qualify with sometimes being close before. And now with COVID postponing things, Saturday night - needless to say it was a big party everywhere for our first major. And what terror it turned into :( The Finnish players said Eriksen had wished for the game to continue. The victory feels bittersweet - I was kind of hoping for Denmark to win and play a good tournament for Eriksen. And let's face it, with attempts 22-1 for Denmark, they would have deserved it.

Very strange piece to publish.

Not to dwell on it too much, but the sight of his poor partner on the sidelines really got to me.

That is strange reading, it's like they'd made a start on the obituary and thought they might as well publish it.

Got to say after watching that game, Russia are contenders for the worst team in the entire tournament. At home as well.

I was greeted with that poor man's collapse in the form of a TikTok this morning :manson: (Not from anybody I follow I hasten to add! Clearly it's gone viral)

Coming Home Day is here ⚽ Looks like a fairly unexpected team selection, especially Trippier playing LB and Grealish stuck on the bench.

I have this on.

They do like to live in the past, unlike anything I love of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom