HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY MOOPY!

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
1000009849.png

A fairly impressive achievement. Not sure we were ever at any particular risk of disappearing entirely. But that's mainly due to having a strong ever-present community who wanted us to exist!

So hats off and tits out to EVERYONE who's kept us going over TWO DECADES

So did we never bother organising anything to celebrate then?

Disappointing.

We outlived 'em all, didn't we...although does Haven still exist in some form? Been years since I thought to check...

We outlived 'em all, didn't we...although does Haven still exist in some form? Been years since I thought to check...
It trundles along. Credit where it's due they manage to be something we have rarely ever been - a good chart resource.

To think VV Brown, Guido Fawkes and a few disgruntled posters have been our only existential threats.

Congrats! 🎉🥳

Even though I’m queen of not showing up or getting thrown out, I’m happy to be here for this one!

It really is lovely to see how many people have grown and evolved during that time.

To think VV Brown, Guido Fawkes and a few disgruntled posters have been our only existential threats.
Jonathan King was never a threat was he? He'd been convicted by the time he showed up here to try and promote his hideous self-exculpating Oscar Wilde musical, I think?

Happy Birthday Moopy! 20 years is nuts. I feel like I joined yesterday when it was 15 years ago. I think Marlene Kratz HAD just gone on her cruise.

Jonathan King was never a threat was he? He'd been convicted by the time he showed up here to try and promote his hideous self-exculpating Oscar Wilde musical, I think?
I think we let him play for a few days and then banned him.

A fairly impressive achievement. Not sure we were ever at any particular risk of disappearing entirely. But that's mainly due to having a strong ever-present community who wanted us to exist!

So hats off and tits out to EVERYONE who's kept us going over TWO DECADES
I don't think we'd have disappeared entirely, but I wonder where we would have been without COVID?

I don't think we'd have disappeared entirely, but I wonder where we would have been without COVID?
Not nice to say, but it gave us a life line. Brought back many posters, increased posting numbers massively and served an almost constant entertainment hub. I think we've only dipped back to pre lockdown numbers on the odd week recently.

I do miss the endless sync watches and having 40 people in every topic you start.

Not nice to say, but it gave us a life line. Brought back many posters, increased posting numbers massively and served an almost constant entertainment hub. I think we've only dipped back to pre lockdown numbers on the odd week recently.

I do miss the endless sync watches and having 40 people in every topic you start.

The Eurovision sync watches were an absolute stone gas. I enjoyed those way more than I'd anticipated.

Special credit MUST be given to the Eurovision forum. It virtually acts independently from the rest of the Moopy. We must be one one of the biggest UK based Eurovision spaces online.

I'm so glad you were all able to become such a tight community during the pandemic. As someone who dipped off Moopy and returned when I felt it was psychologically and mentally safe for me to do so, it has actually been a real pleasure to interact with all of you again. The fact I'm not a giant cunt anymore is probably helpful, although I'll be more than happy to come off my medication at some point and let the old untitled return (I'm joking - too much to lose these days gals). I know it's a cliché but a little bit of self care really goes a long way doesn't it?

I didn't think it'd ever be possible for me to come back. I'm so glad I did, because at the end of the day, for better or worse... you are my internet people. Where else can I discuss the hypothetical scenario of Enya being chased around Blackpool Zoo by a Capybara?

Last edited:
I'm so glad you were all able to become such a tight community during the pandemic. As someone who dipped off Moopy and returned when I felt it was psychologically and mentally safe for me to do so, it's actually been a real pleasure to interact with all of you again. The fact I'm not a giant cunt anymore is probably helpful, although I'll be more than happy to come off my medication at some point and let the old untitled return (I'm joking - too much to lose these days gals). I know it's a cliché but a little bit of self care really goes a long way doesn't it?

I didn't think it'd ever be possible for me to come back. I'm so glad I did, because at the end of the day, for better or worse... you are my internet people. Where else can I discuss the hypothetical scenario of Enya being chased around Blackpool Zoo by a Capybara?
Lockdown was such a blessing for this place and I'm glad that a lot of the things birthed during that period - ASFM, sync listens, @Soldi - carried on well after things went back to normal.

I’m always keen on the Guest numbers in big threads whether a TV event or in the culture forum. It’s kinda nice to see that although people may not want to join in they want to see what is said still.

Is it possible to get stats on guest actions? Like are they always returnees?

I’m always keen on the Guest numbers in big threads whether a TV event or in the culture forum. It’s kinda nice to see that although people may not want to join in they want to see what is said still.

Is it possible to get stats on guest actions? Like are they always returnees?
Dead celebrities is WHERE THE GUESTS ARE AT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom