Insane career destroying moments like THIS at Melfest!

:queenofthenight:

Please share your favorite Melfest career ending moment :disco:

Which career? :D

Still too recent but there can't be much more tragic than Anton Ewald this year. From singing to that Kompani Svan travesty now, good luck hun.

On an A*Teens tip - what on earth possessed her to say yes to this? :D

Her career was in a fairly decent place, having done a reasonable job of presenting the year before. She really didn't need to do this!

The awkward final "SALT AND PEPPA!" sets me off every time.

An iconic disaster. The unjustifiably smug facial expressions, the gammon thigh, the way the vocal completely falls apart :D

Poor Shirl :(

oh I like Salt and Pepper :D
I guess that was right in the midst of my peak engagement with MF, and I liked her Enjoy the Ride album

An iconic disaster. The unjustifiably smug facial expressions, the gammon thigh, the way the vocal completely falls apart :D

Her anecdote during her LIVE TOUR that she started to express BREAST MILK during this performance from the emotion still strikes me dead to this day!

0657f52a-ddd9-4d4b-951c-046ab241ac9c

Naturally.

• Sad
Reactions: Hak

To his credit he sang fine, his career was already on a lifeline at that point, him crashing at in the semi-final was the demise.

The lyrics and bowtie are still unfortunate though.

Do Avengers count? :D

Songwriters from a past MelFest are given the chance to perform their own song. Proceed to slaughter it live and score 0 POINTS. Their first and last performance in MelFest and only single released before getting promptly dropped by their label. :disco:

The male pianist/singer went on to co-write Carola's Invincible and Azerbaijan's Samra's Miracle so it didn't kill his career (as a songwriter) but we never heard from poor Susie again. :( :D

• Love
Do Avengers count? :D

Songwriters from a past MelFest are given the chance to perform their own song. Proceed to slaughter it live and score 0 POINTS. Their first and last performance in MelFest and only single released before getting promptly dropped by their label. :disco:

The male pianist/singer went on to co-write Carola's Invincible and Azerbaijan's Samra's Miracle so it didn't kill his career (as a songwriter) but we never heard from poor Susie again. :( :D

:o That surely must be some kind of record.

2 934 votes, 1/10th of the second to last placer and 1/60th of runaway winner Pontare. It was nothing wrong with the song.

Poor Suss.

Last edited:
Another female fronted duo where she took the brunt of the hit, rightfully so.

To my knowledge the last live instrument on the Mello stage.

Michael is still a very successful producer/vocalist/DJ/saxophonist and I believe Caisa still is his dear friend.

Last edited:
The last live instrument on the Mello stage was DOTTER'S VOICE DURING CRY

• Haha

Like a young Penny Morduant

It's surprising how many potentially career destroying moments the Shirley train just smashes through. I guess Shirl's just keeps it simple and leverages her great work ethic and generally fun to be around persona.

Last edited:
The microphone only version of Enemy was on youtube but it has disappeared :eyes: Shame, as they were the most horrific live vocals of all time, absolutely epic.

• Care
I can't find the full live performance (seems to have been scrubbed from YouTube and the Internet :eyes: ) but in studio a cute little disco schlager number:

Live, the little bit I can find was something else of lack of charisma and dodgy notes. :disco:

OMG how did I forget that? :D An all time classic that actually DID destroy their careers (in the sense that they'd had a couple of big hits going in and where subsequently NEVER SEEN OR HEARD FROM AGAIN).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom