Insane career destroying moments like THIS at Melfest!

Ashes to Ashes, Anna singing about her Rise Like a Phoenix is the perfect analogy for what purgatory she must've been through all these years

:disco:A career BORN and SMOTHERED in ONE GO :( 😍

His last interview two years after flopping is oozing of self-reproaching :D :(
  • Feels he had too much focus around shirtless and nude videos.
  • I went into the competition with a naked faith that his participation would enable him to "make a living of music".
  • Stopped taking certain jobs and had almost no income in the last few months before the competition.
  • Had to scour through the employment agency's website three days after his participation!
  • Thoughts of selling his entire studio and moving to India.

Last edited:
FLUSH. Thank goodness her song was released in Moldova 2 years prior so she avoided the total humiliation of finishing last that night. But all the promises of her coming back are of course totally void as no one takes her seriously anymore...

I agree.
There's a saying in Sweden, something akin to "don't kick those already rolling around the cutting room floor".

How do you think Anna will feel when she reads this forum?
314@60.jpg

Guys this forum is for the CELEBRATION of people like Anna Book, we do not punch down on our queens here
This thread is just a MESS; an act not quite having a breakthrough moment is not the same as career-destroying. Chuck in bashing of some of the most important Swedish women of all time and I just can’t.

I agree.
There's a saying in Sweden, something akin to "don't kick those already rolling around the cutting room floor".
You are ONE TO TALK :D You're one of the worst offenders for it on here!

• Wow
Reactions: Hak
To bring things back on topic I'll counter with this old gem checking all the boxes :disco:

Björkman claims this was the last time he didn't think it was necessary to check up on an acts live vocals before selection.

To SVTs defence Addis Black Widow already had an established career prior to competing. Being the first Swedish based underground hip hop band to reach gold and platinum sales outside Scandinavia and even charting in the UK.

Last edited:
NOW we're talking!

MF 2007 was the first one I followed live and I was utterly AGOG at that train wreck. :D

• Care
On a similar note, I believe this was considered a HOT FAVOURITE in advance.

Sadly an ill-timed bout of bronchitis left her vocal chords RAVAGED and she came in last, never to be seen again. :(

"Don't be afraid, let's *croak* hear your voice" :bruised:

• Sad
On a similar note, I believe this was considered a HOT FAVOURITE in advance.

Sadly an ill-timed bout of bronchitis left her vocal chords RAVAGED and she came in last, never to be seen again. :(

"Don't be afraid, let's *croak* hear your voice" :bruised:

She has tried many times to enter again, but never made it. Her best attempt is this:

Amanda was the reigning idol winner when selected and a hot pre-contest favourite. In the week leading up she was predicted to sail through by audience polling and music critics alike. She was the new, the edgy, the intriguing.

Show time and a vile Amanda finds herself blurping across the stage. Understandable as dark clothed trespassers are creeping up on her disguised as wobbly besmudged mirrors on wheels. She soon breaks down into a schizophrenic hollering state, hitting and splitting her trailing reflections. As the song comes to a close Amanda smiles wilfully into the camera. Her shattered image now a fitting allegory to her own ruptured career.

Last edited:
I LOVED Dumb. But that performance. She looked DEMENTED. That kind of afflicted vocal was popular back then but it got very tiresome. I remember worrying if she would make it through the song without collapsing on stage. Instead it was her vote that collapsed instead.

I also loved Dumb and at the time I was pissed it got eliminated. A fun annecdote is the predicted top 3 all flopped horribly.

Janet Leon - Heartstrings
At one point she was the big favorite to win the entire competition. What should've been a devastating blow was however mitigated somewhat by the press expressing concerns about weather the audience would be receptive to this wired amalgam of two-three bops. That and beating out the two other flops of the evening.

She had one last chance to redeem herself the year after and once again failed miserably, never to be seen again.

Eddie Razaz - Alibi
Eddie was an interesting case as it was the first time MF launched an openly gay singer as a macho teenage idol. He hadn't been a pre-contest favorite but had steadily risen through the ranks on the back of solid press reviews and great audience polling in the week leading up to the deltävling. Armed with a Danny/David Lindgren reject and explosive dance routine there wasn't much that could nor did go wrong with his performance.

Except perhaps being a tad too aggressive, stiff and crazy eyed. What've should've been a celebration of forbidden love turned into a rape anthem. "We can't stop now baby, we've gone too far!"

Need No Alibi - Lyrical excerpts
No turning back
I just gotta go
It's not a matter of
Yes or no

I'm in too deep
I'm out of control
There is no way
I'm letting you go

Without a doubt
This is the way
There is no chance
I'm not gonna stay
We can't stop now

Last edited:
The backup jury, consisting of the Melodifestivalen editorial board, would've advanced both Amanda and Janet DTF had the telephone lines somehow broken down :eyes:

Last edited:
Amanda was the reigning idol winner when selected and a hot pre-contest favourite. In the week leading up she was predicted to sail through by audience polling and music critics alike. She was the new, the edgy, the intriguing.

Show time and a vile Amanda finds herself blurping across the stage. Understandable as dark clothed trespassers is creeping up on her disguised as wobbly besmudged mirrors on wheels. She soon breaks down into a schizophrenic hollering state, hitting and splitting her trailing reflections. As the song comes to a close Amanda smiles wilfully into the camera. Her shattered image now a fitting allegory to her own ruptured career.

I liked her on Idol but the enunciation is just other-worldly. She does have one of the best winners songs from a reality tv show in “All This Way” though

And her “I’m sorry :shy: “ project after Dumb heralded the marvellous “Keep The Love”

• Care
Eddie Razaz - Alibi
Eddie was an interesting case as it was the first time MF launched an openly gay singer as a macho teenage idol. He hadn't been a pre-contest favorite but had steadily risen through the ranks on the back of solid press reviews and great audience polling in the week leading up to the deltävling. Armed with a Danny/David Lindgren reject and explosive dance routine there wasn't much that could nor did go wrong with his performance.
Now a real estate agent! Let’s all buy a nice lagom flat

Love Amanda's work. Nice to see that Eddie's doing well and that Amanda is at least doing something.

What's Janet Leon up to these days?

Last edited:
Heat Three was really the best heat 2013 had to offer and literally the worst two went DTF, probably because they were also the most different to the straight-up ‘modern’ pop of the others. My therapist says that I need to stop finding rhyme or reason why the old schlager men went directly to the final when the old schlager women went out the week before - I’m not being funny but “On Top of the World” is one of the greatest entries of all time

Also in this heat I would like to pay homage to “Hon Har Inte”, which has some of the best lyrics the competition has seen. But Caroline is an acquired taste and maybe viewers felt like she kind of deserved it.

“In and Out of Love” would have made an amazing Eurovision entry, and “Heartstrings” is very cutie of the evening. But the toxic masculinity of “Put your favourite dress on girl” :manson: and oi oi lads was too strong a pull I guess :DAF:

"Alibi"​
Elin Petersson​
"Island"​
"En riktig jävla schlager" (A Proper Damn Schlager)​
"Dumb"​
"In and Out of Love"​
"Hon har inte" (She Hasn't)​
"Falling"​
"Heartstrings"​

I still can't get past @Madison referring to Amanda Fondell as Amanda Huggenkiss, that's stuck with me ever since.

Heat Three was really the best heat 2013 had to offer and literally the worst two went DTF, probably because they were also the most different to the straight-up ‘modern’ pop of the others. My therapist says that I need to stop finding rhyme or reason why the old schlager men went directly to the final when the old schlager women went out the week before - I’m not being funny but “On Top of the World” is one of the greatest entries of all time

Also in this heat I would like to pay homage to “Hon Har Inte”, which has some of the best lyrics the competition has seen. But Caroline is an acquired taste and maybe viewers felt like she kind of deserved it.

“In and Out of Love” would have made an amazing Eurovision entry, and “Heartstrings” is very cutie of the evening. But the toxic masculinity of “Put your favourite dress on girl” :manson: and oi oi lads was too strong a pull I guess :DAF:

"Alibi"​
Elin Petersson​
"Island"​
"Dumb"​
"In and Out of Love"​
"Falling"​
"Heartstrings"​

Might this be the only time the three youngest singers all failed to qualify?

"Alibi"​
Elin Petersson​
"Island"​
"Dumb"​
"In and Out of Love"​
"Falling"​
"Heartstrings"​

Spiritually communing so hard with this post

Show time and a vile Amanda finds herself blurping across the stage. Understandable as dark clothed trespassers is creeping up on her disguised as wobbly besmudged mirrors on wheels. She soon breaks down into a schizophrenic hollering state, hitting and splitting her trailing reflections. As the song comes to a close Amanda smiles wilfully into the camera. Her shattered image now a fitting allegory to her own ruptured career.

Strong use of the word BESMUDGED

• Love
La Camilla was shit but the whole thing of her miming badly to someone else’s vocals was a deliberate piss take. The song was fucking awful, and Alexander Bard has proven to be a racist cunt anyway.

As for Janet Leon, Heartstrings was robbed, at least of an Andra Chansen spot, and her comeback the following year was a total disaster. She suffered from the curse of Jessica Folcker and Freya Skye and fell ill the week of the competition and could barely talk let alone sing and royally fucked it up vocally. Poor love.

Janet Leon was also featured in a reality show called Made in Sweden, with the Idol jury as the producers/managers. That was in 2009, so prior to her MF participations. They had 2 artists - her and a guy named Kim, who they tried to make into superstars and household names in Sweden, but failed. I remember the show getting loads of crap for being too Americanised and neither of the two made it. But Janet had this banger, which I prefer to both of her MF entries...

And she was a member of a girl group called Play (the ones who did Us Against The World) for about a year as well, that was between 2004 and 2005

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom