Jennifer Lopez - This is Me... Now

Oh Jenny. If you're going to sing more of this please:

Less songs centering on your own narcissism please.

No i think it got a worldwide release just midweek. It might go up come Friday if it's featured on any playlists.

Why would anyone choose to listen to it? o_O O_o o.O O.o

And I'm not just being VILE, I think Can't Get Enough is pretty good!

I wonder what the number would be without that stunnin PERF on SNL... :eyes:

I can’t say I’m overly surprised. The new music really has been terrible. The latest single is actually painful to listen to.

She should get more gigs like Hustlers. We know that Jenny.

madonna laughing GIF

Don't be fooled by the chart positions she (not) got, she's an album's artist now.

She would do well to do An Audience With J-Lo type show. The UK would lap that up and being asked questions by the likes of Alison Hammond, Jane McDonald and our own K-Lo (Kelly Llorenna) would really endear her here.

Anyway, she has my attention, but will need some dance-pop to fully convince me. I think that first song was a smooth, successful glide back to her recognised imperial era, even if it's not my personal bag, but thinking we care about a story or ballad telling a story is anchoring everything was a total misfire and swings it back to the camp (ain't it supposed to be funny?) hilarity promised with the movie.

It's time for a HIStory style package and roll out. All her Greatest Hits remixed and revisited (Let's Get Loud remixed by Fred Again? Waiting For Tonight remixed by Arca?) with an EP size scattering of the best Soundcloud demos with the guide singer track still left on.

HIStory
Imperial era

Sorry have I just walked into a parallel universe??

There is no such thing as a J-Lo "imperial era". Sorry.

I've always thought she kinda had an imperial era during her debut + JLO album when she started to cheat herself onto the Billboard 100 by "remixing" (as in rewriting) her singles and they all sold loads! I felt it wasn't until I'm Glad that the wheels started to fall off until the PITBULL era, but that was a shorter one. Anything in between has just been her winging it honestly.

Her so called imperial era was funded by Sony and part of their conspiracy to bring down Mariah
So really it could have been Christina Milian or Ashanti

In fact, maybe it should have been

Let's face it, "AM to PM" destroys J-Lo's entire 'imperial' era :disco:

Her so called imperial era was funded by Sony and part of their conspiracy to bring down Mariah
So really it could have been Christina Milian or Ashanti

Whilst I don’t disagree with the first part, doesn’t this simplification of matters ignore the fact that Sony were only following the blueprint of payola and “funding” which they set with Mariah anyway?

Plus, it does rather reduce these women to a misogynistic “without the men in suits they’d be nothing” narrative, which I don’t think is really ok…

Dunno about other women, but without men in suits, JLo definitely wouldn't be as successful. For better or for worse.

And pointing that out is not misogynistic. It's just how their careers were formed.

Nowadays, there are probably more women in suits making women's careers.

You’re missing my point. @Suedehead basically called her interchangeable with Milan/ Ashanti, inferring they’re all faceless and just who Sony wanted to lead with.

Of course the “men in suits” thing was behind everyone- even Madonna, who without Seymour Stein would never have gotten off the ground.

You’re missing my point. @Suedehead basically called her interchangeable with Milan/ Ashanti, inferring they’re all faceless and just who Sony wanted to lead with.
And my point (facetious as it was) was not about them being interchangeable. I mentioned them because they sang back-up on her records.

Anyway, I was just joking and trying to play up the whole 'imperial era' stuff and take it into further hyperbole. No offence intended to Jennifer Lopez, her fans or any other artists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom