Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (remix anthology)

No. 8 in today's midweeks.

Might seem random but it's not. Some of the official Madonna store physical copies are being shipped this week. :eyes:
Down to #23 in the end, although on sales only it climbed 10 - 8.

Steps finished at 47 this week, which may be a rough indicator of where it would have ended up without those Madonna store copies.

Has it REALLY surpassed all those, or are they adding up the streams of the individual tracks before it was even released, like they did when its initial figures were released?

Has it REALLY surpassed all those, or are they adding up the streams of the individual tracks before it was even released, like they did when its initial figures were released?
It's adding up individual songs including from before FEL was released but that's the way streaming is calculated mama.

Oh right, so about 80% of those streams are from streams of those tracks before the album was released. It's on around 10m streams of the actual album.

Oh right, so about 80% of those streams are from streams of those tracks before the album was released. It's on around 10m streams of the actual album.
To be fair I think most of the remixed versions were released to streaming in the months running up to FEL as 'soft' promo..

Pfffff many of the early songs which are barely even remixes have been around forever on various other albums :eyes:

Pfffff many of the early songs which are barely even remixes have been around forever on various other albums :eyes:
Yeah it makes disc 1 on the 3CD set not that attractive to me ( I only start it at track 12 if I’m playing the cd) but the other 2 discs make it worthwhile.

Be Quiet Ben Stiller GIF

So it had approx 47.5m streams prior to the albums release, and about 8.5m since. Across 50 tracks, so less than 200k streams on average for each individual track since release.

I mean, the charts are fucked etc etc and I'm sure it's the exact same methodology which allowed Liam Payne to claim his album had sold 3m globally or whatever it was, but it's fucked to claim it has outperformed You Can Dance and whatever other ones that insta story did.

I imagine all the labels are running spin stories on album 'sales' these days. It's so hard to quantify streaming. Actually it's not hard - it's just easy to mislead.

And in fairness, actual sales (or even sales including streaming units) are so paltry now, throwing around millions of streams is the only way to make people sit up and listen, I suppose.

Whichever way you slice it though this remix compilation has actually not done too shabbily at all

From thebigham on MadonnaNation:

Finally Enough Love
UK album chart: #86

Other chart positions:

UK OCC Top 100 Streaming Albums:
94 (87) 7

UK OCC Top 100 Physical Albums:
74 (55) 7

Sales:

UK 14,132 / 3,454 / 2,914 / 1,800 / 1,350 /1,550 / 1,300 = 26,500

Queen is fighting for that extra week in the top 100. Let’s stream and support fam!

E443266C-CF47-416C-821E-5ABF319486E5.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom