Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (remix anthology)

OT: Stereogum reached Music this week, Madonna's final US #1

Am forcing myself to sit through all 50 in one listen. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of the set, have bought it and I support pretty much everything she does, but I've managed to get to 'Hollywood' (track 30) and I'm going to have to call it a day for now. It's brought back some wonderful memories - particularly the 'Ray of Light' and 'Music' era, but I'd also forgotten how horrific 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' was and I'm going to need a drink or two before I can tackle the post-'Confessions' era.

how horrific 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' was
Lying The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+

October will be Erotica 30th and 'Everybody' 40th anniversaries so I think the focus will shift to those but with hopefully could mean bumps for her compilations including FEL.

So I haven't really kept up with all things Madonna - is there a reason she stopped using her as a backing singer?

If only he had just took one more breath to blurt out "Belinda! Talk about Belinda!"
I can imagine it now. Him, never flinching with his permanently fixed grin and wide eyes: "Is it true Belinda sued you for your impersonation, or is that a myth? What do you remember?!? But back to the remixes, because you've been mixed too."

So I haven't really kept up with all things Madonna - is there a reason she stopped using her as a backing singer?

She fell out with Niki ages earlier (Siedah Garret replaced her for Reinvention) and that was a bit more of a public spat, but Donna lasted until Confessions in 2006. Maybe Donna just wanted to concentrate on her yoga and New Age tinkly music (probably not of course).

I can imagine it now. Him, never flinching with his permanently fixed grin and wide eyes: "Is it true Belinda sued you for your impersonation, or is that a myth? What do you remember?!? But back to the remixes, because you've been mixed too."

We can only hope Belinda's next Cherry Pop release bags her an interview to finally be asked about Madge stealing Donna off her.

I've just remembered who the host reminds me of...it's John Ritter as Ted in 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer'.

DYING at Donna sucking up, desperately hoping she gets another call, but sidestepping when she actually last talked to her.

“I saw her at her last show but didn’t talk to her”.

THAT’S CALLED THE AUDIENCE, DONNA.

And yeah, I saw her…before that.

It highlights her visual artist status when it’s combined with YouTube views because I think on Spotify alone Whitney might be ahead..

Whitney has higher highs with the numbers against the biggest hits but Madonna has a much bigger discography, which probably helps with overall volume.

No. 8 in today's midweeks.

Might seem random but it's not. Some of the official Madonna store physical copies are being shipped this week. :eyes:
Is that a different format, or did it just run out previously?

Is that a different format, or did it just run out previously?
The 6-LP boxset was not shipped until 02/09 for everyone who ordered it through the official store.
Other formats were trickling through but there was a specific 'back order' delay on the box set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom