Madonna Survivor: The 90s (Round 1)

VOTE TO ELIMINATE (up to 10)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hanky Panky is great fun. It would have been a fabulous little curio if it had managed to sneak in a week at #1.

I’ve always read ‘You’ll See’ as an I Will Survive despite you kind of song, not needy at all.
Yes, you're right - it is very similar. I think perhaps my focus is more on the fact that You'll See centres the other person, and lyrically the You is stronger than the I.

I Will Survive to these ears sounds more defiant. Like someone further along the same journey.

I also love Hanky Panky but it’s not on the same level as the rest of this era.

It would surely be one the most forgotten chart toppers ever if it had made it. Surely it gets zero airplay now and I doubt many could hum it.

I also love Hanky Panky but it’s not on the same level as the rest of this era.

It would surely be one the most forgotten chart toppers ever if it had made it. Surely it gets zero airplay now and I doubt many could hum it.

True but the song that held it off #1 was TURTLE POWER by Partners in Kryme, so I'm not sure it would have been a great injustice. :D

True but the song that held it off #1 was TURTLE POWER by Partners in Kryme, so I'm not sure it would have been a great injustice. :D
I definitely couldn't hum that one now!

Hanky Panky though, I sing in the shower all the time!

Hanky Panky is one of her few novelty songs. It’s beneath her for me.

It's just Madonna does Bette Midler, isn't it?

Total fluff but I don't think it's beneath her, just a fun little curio.

I'd take it over 90% of her post Confessions material in a heartbeat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom