Monkeypox

Me arriving at the medical centre: Hello, I-
Receptionist: Monkeypox vaccination is downstairs :)

Surely, I just got called a poof?

Very much this

Whitney Houston Whatever GIF

My local are all out and are not getting a new batch until mid-September. Can you just call up other sexual health clinics? I can always try the ones I've been to in both Edinburgh and Glasgow. And whilst I'm at it, it's also a pity you can't just buy prep on next day delivery or have vending machines in clubs etc.

My local are all out and are not getting a new batch until mid-September. Can you just call up other sexual health clinics? I can always try the ones I've been to in both Edinburgh and Glasgow. And whilst I'm at it, it's also a pity you can't just buy prep on next day delivery or have vending machines in clubs etc.
Are you not on the NHS prep programme? Sign up for that and you'll get it free, in batches of three months, and be on the list for the vaccine too.

Are you not on the NHS prep programme? Sign up for that and you'll get it free, in batches of three months, and be on the list for the vaccine too.

I wasn't able to get through to my local prep department, but gave my phone number (I can only hope I remembered it), so will ask about this when/if I get called back. I've had prep off the NHS before, but never heard of the programme thing. Bizarrely I was given a batch (that went out of date since I didn't exactly have any tops banging my doors to bash my back door in etc) before even getting my HIV test results. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Update: have my STI screening on the 14th. The wait for prep is 8-9 weeks. So I guess I'll still be a nun for the time being (although this nun was practically split wide open like a smashed melon 2 weeks ago to the point where I considered A&E, but that's another story).

I'll try and get #2 now in Q4, I'm just happy I got #1 to begin with in the AUSTRIAN HINTERLAND.

And when it went away and I tested negative a few days later

valerie-cherish-the-comeback.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom