Moopy Runners

I'm also not a good swimmer at all and was thinking that I'd love to do improver lessons when this is all done to have something low impact. I do love the sea and pools.

The good thing is that you restarted though! Some days I struggle with a kilometer and some days I can just keep going.
Oh definitely. I look back at my calendar from a year ago and I was in the final stages of training for a half marathon. Running 19-20k every weekend with two 10k in the week.
The fitness is so easily lost!

As for other stuff, I’m doing weights still but not enough- I don’t have dumbbells heavy enough to keep up with my normal routine. Going to try and do some online classes or something next week I think.

I am massively struggling with this too. I’ve been using resistance bands and doing home workouts, but it’s a completely different workout to a gym session. :(

I'm also not a good swimmer at all and was thinking that I'd love to do improver lessons when this is all done to have something low impact. I do love the sea and pools.

I love being in the sea. I am an all year sea swimmer- well, in fairness, dipper in the winter. I get in and shiver for 10 minutes then get out. But properly swim in the summer most mornings before work. I can see the sea from my bedroom window and it does wonders for my mindset. I love it so much.

I am intending to go for my first paddleboard of the season today if this hangover clears up!

Oh and in case it was lost in the daily thread the other day, I even ended up in Outdoor Swimmer magazine this week! I entered a photo competition because I want to win their free swimming holiday, for which I’m now in with a chance as they pick a “photo of the year” in December!

I am massively struggling with this too. I’ve been using resistance bands and doing home workouts, but it’s a completely different workout to a gym session. :(

My husband has resistance bands and loads of stuff in London at his weekday residence and didn’t bring any of it back here, which I’m fuming about. I miss the gym so much!

That’s a brilliant photo Sheena, good luck

My husband has resistance bands and loads of stuff in London at his weekday residence and didn’t bring any of it back here, which I’m fuming about. I miss the gym so much!

I know. I didn’t probably realise how much I use the gym to help me de-stress. So it really is the biggest thing I’m missing about lockdown. Even probably more than my friends :D:side-eye:

“I miss the gym so much”- words I never thought I’d say!

I've finished my second week of couch to 5k, and it was a bit hard going truth be told - I ended up doing Tuesday, Thursday and today, my plan was to do yesterday then start week 3 on Monday but I just couldn't motivate myself until this morning. It probably didn't help that my Thursday run ended up involving hailstones and freezing winds :D I was going to give up halfway through but on the way home I discovered a covered tunnel at the back entrance to Celtic Park so I went up and down that a couple of times. I incorporated that into today's run too, previously I'd just been going in a circle around the Emirates Arena which is fine but was starting to get a bit dull.

Yep, off days happen all the time to me, but the fact you kept going says it all!

A hilly 5km today which absolutely battered me. This week has been a bit of a come down compared to last but oh well. Gonna attempt some HIIT tonight.

0 running today and I've just had five chocolate digestives and a mint aero with tea.

Need to kick myself into it tomorrow morning while the sun's out.

I was tired today after two days on the wine but went for a 5k this evening and despite it being super windy, was just around the 30 minute mark, which is turning into a good baseline for me. Will try and put in a longer run tomorrow or later in the week.

No, seriously, well done. I did weights this morning but am going to try and go out for a little jog tonight too, just to get my outdoor exercise time in.

29:03 5k. 51 secs faster than my post comeback best. Equally overjoyed with the time and annoyed by that :03.

I really need to up the mileage but I’m quite enjoying running hard and “fast” at the moment. I did 7k last week but need to be doing 10s easily again.

Just did 29:17! :disco: my first sub-30 in ages. :ken:

I think having the stopwatch going helps massively. I don't know why I never bothered before (and only timed myself on parkruns).

Phew- glad I did my time yesterday or I’d have been furious with this. Well done :D

I’m really exhausted today. It took a lot out of me. Still managed my weights circuit this morning, though, and am going to try for a slow plod out tonight, but we’ll see how I feel at 5pm.

You're doing weights while I haven't even got my workout bands out of their bag yet...so yeah. Maybe I can find some inspiration there next...?

Look, put it this way- there's fuck all else to do right now! Might as well get fit (ish)

50 min 10km today.

I wanna find somewhere relatively flat so I can see how I do without the huge hill at the end. Logic tells me to just go to a park but I'm afraid there'll be too many people there atm.

I've been really excited about running lately because it's one of the rare things I can do right now without pain. However, today I went and had to stop after 100m due to pain in the achilles tendon :( It's been one sports injury after another for the past six months and from what I read on the internet, this might be something that won't heal that easy either. I have another physiotherapy session for my tricep next week so I will bring this up there. Anyway, I came here to post this in case someone else has experienced similar pain and has tips how to heal it.

I guess I have to start swimming once the corona virus situation allows it since I don't know what else to do anymore. For the time being, I guess I'm just destined to stay home and get pissed :(

Never had it I’m afraid, but sorry to hear that. What a bummer, especially if you’ve been enjoying it.

It may be something entirely simple- definitely ask about it. In the meantime, enjoy the wotsits and Pinot Grigio, I say...

Back to it.

14.65km in 1 hr 15 which I'm happy with. 159m elevation gain and the wind was against me for the first half.
Amazing! But HOW? I have to build up slowly or it just doesn’t happen.

I did 2k, 3k, and then 5k Tuesday. I’m going to go for 7.5 today but I know it’ll be a struggle.
I wouldn’t be able to attempt a 14k for a few weeks at least and even then the first one would be slow as!

Amazing! But HOW? I have to build up slowly or it just doesn’t happen.

I did 2k, 3k, and then 5k Tuesday. I’m going to go for 7.5 today but I know it’ll be a struggle.
I wouldn’t be able to attempt a 14k for a few weeks at least and even then the first one would be slow as!

I was using a treadmill throughout the year and this will be my fourth or fifth week (subtract 2 quarantine weeks) of actual consistent outdoor running so I guess there has been a build up.

I do think the first five or six km are hard hard but then you get the a point where you can kind of keep going, even if it isn't quick.

Good luck today!

I was using a treadmill throughout the year and this will be my fourth or fifth week (subtract 2 quarantine weeks) of actual consistent outdoor running so I guess there has been a build up.

I do think the first five or six km are hard hard but then you get the a point where you can kind of keep going, even if it isn't quick.

Good luck today!
Yes once you start getting to 10k you build a rhythm after 5-6 and you’re away. I’m very jealous of your times. They’re up there with my PBs.
There’s a massive 14km race (85,000 people) here in August and I manage to beat my previous time by seconds every year. You’re already ahead of me (although it’s super hilly).

I managed a slow 7.5 today which I’m quite pleased about. Before this week I’d not run in a month.

Yes once you start getting to 10k you build a rhythm after 5-6 and you’re away. I’m very jealous of your times. They’re up there with my PBs.
There’s a massive 14km race (85,000 people) here in August and I manage to beat my previous time by seconds every year. You’re already ahead of me (although it’s super hilly).

I managed a slow 7.5 today which I’m quite pleased about. Before this week I’d not run in a month.
Woohoo. That's great, what's next?

I managed 11km today on our HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR (i.e. 17 degrees...).

Didn't have the energy to go when I woke up so went for a slightly shorter run at midday. Bloody hot but still managed about 4.5km at a leisurely pace and a sprint at the end that ended me.

Finally decided to give the resistance bands a go and

jtf8Cv6.jpg

I’ve done no exercise since Wednesday morning. Need to sort my head out and get back in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom