Moopyvision 2010-2019 Round 3: Czech Republic, Malta & Serbia

Exclusive video of @ButterTart right now

giphy.gif

oops ignore this, like I ignored the rest of the thread where everyone else talked about the same thing

I see there was no specific time to get them in but based on the last few I aimed for 12. Which meant rushing through them and still I was late. Do they count? Do I care? Well yes for Serbia which feels rather crucial, the other two can do one.

Even skipping through, Malta really have been HORRIBLE this decade. I have no idea what order some of them are in as it's all several layers of peeling beige :(

Come back Macedonia, all is forgiven.

Serbia on the other hand. What a nation! I do love their zealous use of 'j's.

Reactions: Zu
All votes count until I start the results. I say 12 but realistically I tend to give a few hours leeway.

I'll start shortly though, as you'll all be relieved to know I'm having a sober day. :vor:

Serbia's the strongest of these three but I don't think it's as good as most people here are making out, I only love one song and could happily forget the others.

In advance of this evening’s big reveal and horrifying arguments about bowl cuts, and on a not wholly unrelated Maltese note, just popping in to say that IT’S FEELING LIKE I’VE BECOME INDIGO :disco:

Oh for the ripe, rotten and thoroughly torrid gay stench of VELLA AND BORG :disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
In advance of this evening’s big reveal and horrifying arguments about bowl cuts, and on a not wholly unrelated Maltese note, just popping in to say that IT’S FEELING LIKE I’VE BECOME INDIGO :disco:

Oh for the ripe, rotten and thoroughly torrid gay stench of VELLA AND BORG :disco:

FABULOUS :disco:

Reactions: Zu
:disco: Oh God I love those ALL EXPENSE SPARED Maltasong presentations, not to mention the pricey-looking intros with the much-loved MALTASONG THEME :disco:

We were on 6 pages before VoR even started last week. I worry VoR not drinking will negatively impact our post tallies :(

*adjusts kaftan and bonnet in advance of glorious win for ‘Friend Of A Friend’* :disco:

Czech Republic

5th: Martina Barta - My Turn (42pts)

Martina+Barta+1st+Semi+Final+Eurovision+Song+-aL-1Khigiel.jpg

There was a brief bump in Czech Republic's impressive Eurovision redemption arc in 2017, when this jury-baiting ballad failed to impress televoters, scoring a piffling 2 points (from fellow boring ballad fans Portugal).

Nice voice, but Christ this was dull. Not sure what the visuals were all about either - Marta in a hideous gold jumpsuit and old people looking sad in bras on the screen behind her. HOW COULD IT FAIL?

9x0 (VoR, Superstylin, Buttertart, Pingu, sewerynsven, Kevin7, Penelope, Jacques, Kalabaliken)

Last edited:
4th: Marta Jandová & Václav Noid Bárta - Hope Never Dies (86pts)

Marta-Jandova-Vaclav-Noid-Barta-aus-Tschechien-ESC-2015-2.-Halbfinale-21.5.2015.jpg

The first Czech comeback effort after five years of sulking, Hope Never Dies plays things pretty safe musically, but at least proved that the Czechs were capable of not completely embarrassing themselves.

I actually have a sneaking regard for this, doubtless influenced by the :horny: factor of Václav and how generally delightful they both were in Vienna. Still don't understand the dramatic SHOE FLINGING, but I guess you do what you can when you're working on a budget reflecting an anticipated 17 viewers back in the bemused old country.

I don't doubt for a moment that they were fucking like rabbits throughout their trip, and to that I say good for you lass.

1 x 12 (Dark Carnival)
3 x 0 (Ag, Alla, Kevin)

Last edited:
"My Turn" is so forgettable that before re-listening yesterday, I thought Martina was that woman in a wheelchair (who actually turns out to be Poland 2015)

Reactions: VoR
3rd: Lake Malawi - Friend of a Friend (90pts)

Screen-Shot-2019-02-20-at-11.46.14-c6fc62d.png

The Czechs seem to have found their groove a bit these past few years as Central Europe's prime hipster nation. Your mileage on stuff like this may vary, but it was enough to get them a third qualification and a respectable 11th place overall (although their televote in the final was amusingly disastrous).

You just know @Chlammy had a massive thing for the lead singer, don't you?

2 x 12pts (Ill Advised, Pingu)
2 x 0pts (Win_The_Game, Raining On Me

Oh, this was one country where I was expecting these results to match up directly with the Eurovision results..

Backpack boy please. He had a splendid bottom and that deserves points.

3rd: Lake Malawi - Friend of a Friend (90pts)

Screen-Shot-2019-02-20-at-11.46.14-c6fc62d.png

The Czechs seem to have found their groove a bit these past few years as Central Europe's prime hipster nation. Your mileage on stuff like this may vary, but it was enough to get them a third qualification and a respectable 11th place overall (although their televote in the final was amusingly disastrous).

You just know @Chlammy had a massive thing for the lead singer, don't you?

2 x 12pts (Ill Advised, Pingu)
2 x 0pts (Win_The_Game, Raining On Me
I REALLY did NOT want to give these fuckers any points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom