Muriel's Wedding

You're terrible Muriel

• Total voters
I like the part where she's fat and they make fun over her and the chick with the short hair swoops in with a cuntacular save.

Oh LOVES I was just thinking the other day that I need to see this again and LO AND BEHOLD it's on FILM4 tonight

Are you MURIEL HESLOP?
No.
Yes you are!
Why?
I dunno why, you just ARE!

Oooh is this on tonight - I must watch. I haven't seen it in about 8 months :disco:

You haven't done anything terrible with that blank cheque I gave you, have you Muriel?

And she was THE MOST USELESS ONE OF ALL, wasn't she Bill?

Reactions: VoR
Nothing floors me more than: Muriel, the police are here to see you. It's about your dress.

She's a WONDERFUL PERSON, I don't care what anyone else says
All those people who've never liked Dad. Those GREENIES and those TERRIBLE WOMEN at the post office

Last edited:
I love I Do being where it is - to me that song sounds kind of miserable, or maybe that's because I associate it with this film (in a good way). 10/10 from me.

I watched this tonight (hadn't seen it for a few years) and it really is fantastic - I find quite a bit of it uncomfortable viewing though, particularly the scenes with her dad.

I like the part where she's fat and they make fun over her and the chick with the short hair swoops in with a cuntacular save.

Who would later go on to be Brenda Chenowith :disco:

smhcomau1.jpg

brenda-and-billy.jpg

Last edited:
There are so many amazing lines in this film. I'm not sure why most of them are amazing. Maybe it's that it's all so very Australian or maybe it's that the casting and the acting is absolutely spot on.

Toni Collette's delivery of lines like "....An apprentice locksmith!" and "I'm a beauty consultant!" absolutely kills me, time and time again.

And no matter how many times I hear it, I'll never not be a little bit delirious when Rachel Griffiths asks/exclaims "YOU JILTED A COP?!".

The mother storyline is pretty devastating. I never think of the film as a comedy though, even though it's probably one of the funniest films ever.

Fans of Muriel should watch Mental, which reunited Toni Collette with PJ Hogan and is based on his childhood experiences of his mother being sectioned and his dad bringing home a hitchhiker to act as a nanny. I was looking for one of the clips online but the entire thing has been uploaded to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGdY4NH-N-g

The Liev Schreiber plot is unnecessary but there's some amazing scenes involving a jam and cream doughnut, menstrual emergencies and a lezzer on the prowl for young girls.

Prior to just now and the power of Twitter, I had NO IDEA that David Van Arkle was married to Fay Ripley

JS31988474.jpg

LUCKY BITCH

Last edited:
I'd read about the musical, but it's only planned for Australia so far, isn't it? It's going to have to make serious $$$ for them to consider taking it overseas.

I didn't read about the twitter business, and that sounds dreadful. Why feel the need to update it in that way? Although I suspect they won't have the rights to use Abba songs in any case, so that may well cast a very different perspective over the whole story.

Australia-originated musicals King Kong!: The Musical and Strictly Ballroom!: The Musical both bombed into oblivion recently, so I'm not feeling overly confident.

I've read that they have got the rights to the ABBA songs though which rather surprised me. But you know B & B just love that DOLLAH!

Last edited:
How did The Boy From Oz do on Broadway financially? I can't see anyone have been interested without Huge Jackman.

The article says they'll have Abba songs alongside the specially written ones.

And whatever happened to Bridget Jones: The Musical by Lily Allen?

I've read that they have got the rights to the ABBA songs though which rather surprised me. But you know B & B just love that DOLLAH!

I can only assume there isn't a competing production of Mamma Mia that could suffer.

In fact is London the only permanent resident production now?

I stumbled across The Mail's article earlier which basically said something VERY bizarre how it appears Toni Collette is not reprising her role, though no cast has been announce yet SHOCK! 1.) They have no idea at all. 2.) Why on earth WOULD she? 3.) How on earth COULD she? She's twenty years too old for starters! GOD I hate that fucking RAG...

How did The Boy From Oz do on Broadway financially? I can't see anyone have been interested without Huge Jackman.

The article says they'll have Abba songs alongside the specially written ones.

And whatever happened to Bridget Jones: The Musical by Lily Allen?
Lily Allen left the project in 2014 due to Helen Fielding constantly fiddling with the story.

Fielding said it was still on at the recent BJ3 premiere but we're looking at SEVEN years of development hell so far and nothing to show for it.

I stumbled across The Mail's article earlier which basically said something VERY bizarre how it appears Toni Collette is not reprising her role, though no cast has been announce yet SHOCK! 1.) They have no idea at all. 2.) Why on earth WOULD she? 3.) How on earth COULD she? She's twenty years too old for starters! GOD I hate that fucking RAG...
THE MAIL?

I was watching this again only LAST NIGHT

"I've got something to tell you. I'm a PARKING INSPECTOR."

ps I am a fatso whale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom