RANDOM THINGS YOU HATE

Also autocorrect changing correctly spelled words to just other words.

In that last post it decided I wanted to say got instead of hot, and full instead of dull

When someone hot from when you were in school posts beach pics on Facebook but they’re all of his dull kids
When someone hot from when you were at school doesn't bother to have an online presence (OK its possible they may be dead, but that's no excuse!)

And yes, that did prompt me to search for him again. It’s been 30 years!

titanic-old-lady.gif

I’m not pushing against it. Just odd to think when it’s a big milestone anniversaries. Almost 30 years to the day I got my GCSE’s and almost 25 years to the day I started in my current workplace.

Plus I never thought I’d live to see my 40’s for some reason.

#moodhoover

I’m not pushing against it. Just odd to think when it’s a big milestone anniversaries. Almost 30 years to the day I got my GCSE’s and almost 25 years to the day I started in my current workplace.

Plus I never thought I’d live to see my 40’s for some reason.

#moodhoover

How do you feel now you are pushing 50?

In all seriousness though @jyxz I think it is a very human thing to do to reminisce on the past, wonder where the time has gone and question our mortality. Time does go so very fast, but I always think it’s best to look back on the things you have done, experiences that you have endured good or bad and to look back at what we have achieved or look forward to what we still want to achieve. Chin up sweetheart xx

There's nothing to fear about your fifties. It's just like your forties but with more pain and the spectre of death looming ever closer.

Things being gendered when there’s no reason to. I just watched an astronomy video where all the planets were referred to as He except for Venus who was She

I MEAN!

In other (more superior languages :)) every object has a gender.

However I’ve always found it strange that the Sun is male and the Moon is female in Latin languages (and Greek and Roman mythology). In Arabic the Sun is a woman, she’s the mother of all planets. ☀️

However I’ve always found it strange that the Sun is male and the Moon is female in Latin languages (and Greek and Roman mythology). In Arabic the Sun is a woman, she’s the mother of all planets. ☀️
It's the other way round in Germanic languages as well.

Proving they're all MADE UP basically. :angry:

It just makes it weirder when people do it in English when we don’t do that

Things being gendered when there’s no reason to. I just watched an astronomy video where all the planets were referred to as He except for Venus who was She

I MEAN!
Diddy the planets are named after Gods, it's not patriarchal, there's plenty female names in celestial bodies other than Aphrodite ie Earth, Io, Europe, Andromeda etc

If sandwiches are named after the Earl of Sandwich, the first rich white man to invent the sandwich, are sandwiches all masculine?

To me a sandwich is always female. It ends with an ”uh” (a) sound in both languages I speak so definitely a girl.

One of my best friends had her oldest child start school this week. By all accounts she is not a neurotic protective mother, but I have just listened to 10 minutes of the MASSIVE DILEMMA of the fact that apparently the school lunches are quite small portions, and on days when she has to go in to work rather than work from home, she won’t have the time to have porridge in the morning before taking her to school, which is apparently a disastrous situation, so now you all have to read this crap too.

I said “give her an apple”. But every suggestion is met with a million other tiny little reasons of why that is not possible :manson:

My other friend who has an 8 year old son understood, saying how it’s a BIG ISSUE that when he has football practice, the school gives them jam sandwiches… but he doesn’t like jam. I again say “can’t you make him and sandwich he does like or give him some fruit”, and apparently there are restrictions where you’re not allowed to take food from outside in to school. WHY?

Having children in 2022 sounds like the most thankless thing to do.

Having children in 2022 sounds like the most thankless thing to do.
It's really hard, in a tremendously different way than it was in our own times, and I sympathize a lot for them, but on many occasions parents fail to set the boundaries and treat kids as royalties, I was seeing this so much in my last job. Even if we take out of the equation how difficult it makes it for them to please their kids or later on to even protect them, it's also gonna be very difficult for the kids to find their place in life eventually. And it's a little worrying to think what kind of world our generation is raising. Not to mention that such upbringing makes the life of teachers a living hell.

FLAGS AT HALF MAST ACTUALLY BEING LOWERED TO HALF WAY DOWN THE FLAG POLE.

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS AND LOOKS RIDICULOUS

It's like Orville Peck and Terry from East 17 had a lovechild. And went to an Oasis tribute band gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom