Rate the Savage Garden singles...

VoR

Take it or leave it
I know they were just inoffensive mid 90s radio guff with an unusually pretentious frontman, but I love me a bit of the self-helpy stylings of the Garden.

10 I Want You
09 Truly Madly Deeply
09 To The Moon & Back
09 Tears Of Pearls
07 The Animal Song
08 I Knew I Loved You
10 Crash & Burn
08 Affirmation
07 Hold Me
07 The Best Thing

The Animal Song really was RIDICULOUS. :D

Animals and Children tell the truth they never lie
Which one is more human there's a thought now you decide
:daf:

Last edited:
I think i can only remember how 3 of them go

I had the first album. I liked it for about a month.

They were MASSIVE in America. Three number ones, over ten million albums sold. Darren must be LOADED.

Both of their albums are very consistent if you like that sort of thing. 'Two Beds & A Coffee Machine' is beautiful.

Reactions: LTZ
Oh i love Savage Garden. Despite my often terrible music collection, they are oddly the only group i see as a guilty pleasure and feel dirty for liking.

09 I Want You
10 Truly Madly Deeply
10 To The Moon & Back
06 Tears Of Pearls
09 The Animal Song
10 I Knew I Loved You
10 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
09 Hold Me
08 The Best Thing

Also: So Beautiful was like an eleven but then BAD THINGS HAPPENED and i can't listen to it anymore :(

God i wish we'd got another album from them. They seemed to be really quite talented at producing properly great love songs.

Oh I know exactly what you mean Turner. I loathe the term Guilty Pleasure and own every solo Spice Girls album ever released aside from the most recent Mel C one (Even I have limits...) but something about liking Savage Garden as much as I do fills me with DEEP SHAME. It's such a brainless housewifey thing to love.

If I was being completely honest with myself I'd probably have rated everything from I Want You through to Affirmation with a 10. :shy:

Crash & Burn is definitely their finest and most underrated singles moment.

Cause there has always been heartache and pain
And when it's over you'll breathe again

*waves lighter and sways gently side to side*

Last edited:
there was one particular track on the first album that I always thought was amazing but I can't remember which one...

"I Want You" is AMAZING

Totally rips off 'The Look' by Roxette but yes, I love it to bits. It's strangely forgotten here, but they're only really remembered for their ballads now. Although I do occasionally see The Animal Song on cheesy songs of the 90s countdowns.

I'd not seen the video before! What a lovely treat for the DEAFZ

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uB4lT5CblA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uB4lT5CblA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love Savage Garden and don't feel guilty about it at all.

09 I Want You
10 Truly Madly Deeply
07 To The Moon & Back
08 Tears Of Pearls
09 The Animal Song
07 I Knew I Loved You
10 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
08 Hold Me
09 The Best Thing

Reactions: LTZ
'Crash & Burn' was always my favourite of their singles. '2 Beds & A Coffee Machine' and 'Santa Monica' are my other favourite SG tracks.

I guess there's safety in nubers so I feel it's also time for me to emerge from the closet having been harbouring a sordid secret all my life - I too am fond of Savage Garden :( I always thought they were rather fine purveyors of pleasant guitar pop.

10 I Want You
10 Truly Madly Deeply
10 To The Moon & Back
09 Tears Of Pearls
05 The Animal Song
05 I Knew I Loved You
09 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
07 Hold Me
07 The Best Thing

Has anyone else ever been to a Savage Garden or Darren Hayes concert? They are TERRIFYING affairs.

there was one particular track on the first album that I always thought was amazing but I can't remember which one...

i used to love break me shake me, but i used to have even more ridiculous taste back then

10 I Want You
08 Truly Madly Deeply
07 To The Moon & Back
06 Tears Of Pearls
05 The Animal Song
05 I Knew I Loved You
?? Crash & Burn
?? Affirmation
?? Hold Me
?? The Best Thing

talk about two cents

I don't know the last couple, but suffice to say I am NOT a fan, Darren Hayes' voice (particularly when he's at full pelt) kinda puts me on edge.

07 I Want You
00 Truly Madly Deeply
06 To The Moon & Back
?? Tears Of Pearls
05 The Animal Song
03 I Knew I Loved You
04 Crash & Burn
04 Affirmation
?? Hold Me
?? The Best Thing

09 I Want You
08 Truly Madly Deeply
09 To The Moon & Back
07 Tears Of Pearls
07 The Animal Song
07 I Knew I Loved You
10 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
08 Hold Me
08 The Best Thing

Australian hits :

08 Break Me Shake Me
06 Universe

Darkness is my favourite Darren Hayes single.

They are rather bland but in a good way.

08 I Want You
08 Truly Madly Deeply
08 To The Moon & Back
10 Tears Of Pearls
08 The Animal Song
08 I Knew I Loved You
06 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
08 Hold Me
07 The Best Thing

Last edited:
00 I Want You
07 Truly Madly Deeply
09 To The Moon & Back
07 Tears Of Pearls
06 The Animal Song
09 I Knew I Loved You
09 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
09 Hold Me
06 The Best Thing

I really don't see Savage Garden as a guilty pleasure, it's one of those cases where people think it's BAD to like music that is plastered all over the radio. As it goes, I think they are awesome. I'd say at least HALF of their singles are absolute stone cold classics (even if I don't like all of them), I can't think of another modern act with THAT kind of strike rate from just two albums. They must rake in a fair amount from the continued local radio airplay saturation of songs like 'I Knew I Loved You' and 'Truly Madly Deeply'.

Anyway:

08 I Want You
09 Truly Madly Deeply
06 To The Moon & Back
07 Tears Of Pearls
08 The Animal Song
10 I Knew I Loved You (Yet, 10 seems so inadequate because it's by FAR my favourite of their songs. Probably in my top five songs EVER)
10 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
09 Hold Me
08 The Best Thing

Last edited:
I LIKE Savage Garden, but they're a bit TOO NAFF to appreciate fully...I love him solo, though

09 I Want You
06 Truly Madly Deeply
07 To The Moon & Back
06 Tears Of Pearls
05 The Animal Song
05 I Knew I Loved You
08 Crash & Burn
07 Affirmation
?? Hold Me
?? The Best Thing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wZe90r0bXeg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wZe90r0bXeg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0vi5kxe4R_0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0vi5kxe4R_0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks all the same, but I don't like them enough to bother.

05 I Want You
08 Truly Madly Deeply
03 To The Moon & Back
?? Tears Of Pearls (I've got the album TOO)
07 The Animal Song
08 I Knew I Loved You
10 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
09 Hold Me
07 The Best Thing

07 I Want You
11 Truly Madly Deeply
05 To The Moon & Back
?? Tears Of Pearls
08 The Animal Song
10 I Knew I Loved You
06 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
06 Hold Me
?? The Best Thing

My favourites are some album tracks.

Tears Of Pearls wasn't actually a UK single but was a hit in a few other places and is very good.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXd3KGZTj9k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXd3KGZTj9k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10 I Want You
09 Truly Madly Deeply
10 To The Moon & Back
? Tears Of Pearls
09 The Animal Song
09 I Knew I Loved You
08 Crash & Burn
08 Affirmation
05 Hold Me
06 The Best Thing

Chained To You was their great lost single. How that was passed over for the last couple of releases was ridiculous.

Oh I forgot "Chained To You", that was a hit here too.

09 I Want You
09 Truly Madly Deeply
07 To The Moon & Back
08 Tears Of Pearls
08 The Animal Song
07 I Knew I Loved You
08 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
07 Hold Me
08 The Best Thing

11 I Want You
09 Truly Madly Deeply
08 To The Moon & Back
07 Tears Of Pearls
07 The Animal Song
08 I Knew I Loved You
10 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
10 Hold Me
06 The Best Thing

I almost had not the money, but somehow I thought I had to buy "I want you" back then.

09 I Want You
11 Truly Madly Deeply
07 To The Moon & Back
?? Tears Of Pearls
09 The Animal Song
10 I Knew I Loved You
07 Crash & Burn
10 Affirmation
07 Hold Me
?? The Best Thing
10 So Beautiful

02 I Want You
-1 Truly Madly Deeply
03 To The Moon & Back
?? Tears Of Pearls
01 The Animal Song
00 I Knew I Loved You
?? Crash & Burn
00 Affirmation
?? Hold Me
?? The Best Thing

07 I Want You
08 Truly Madly Deeply
08 To The Moon & Back
?? Tears Of Pearls
07 The Animal Song
06 I Knew I Loved You
?? Crash & Burn
07 Affirmation
?? Hold Me
?? The Best Thing

It took seeing a post by Sild for me to twig that this was a bumped topic! :o

08 I Want You (although Per Gessle blatantly should SUE)
08 Truly Madly Deeply
10 To The Moon & Back
?? Tears Of Pearls
07 The Animal Song
06 I Knew I Loved You
09 Crash & Burn
08 Affirmation (I only subscribe to about 50% of the statements in the lyrics but it's so anthemic-sounding)
07 Hold Me
?? The Best Thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom