Sophie Ellis Bextor’s Friday Night Disco

the ginger one stress-dancing with the baby :D GOD I'd forgotten how much I've missed this. CONCEPTUAL QUEEN!

my mother, an avid Radio 2 listener, asked me if I'd heard "the new Sophie Ellis-Bextor one". She has declared it "absolutely dreadful".

In not unrelated news I have declared my mother absolutely dead to me :disco:

Just watching it all now. Great fun. Personality wise she's aged wonderfully.

She destroyed the "fans" on Instagram who attacked her for expressing relief at the Biden win. Her basic message? "Fuck off. Who needs you anyway?"

:disco:

Oh yes, I saw that. Good on her.

Gina Miller being her podcast guest this week should confirm that she does not give a shit.

I said it before but SEB really has got better and better.

I presume there's no hint of TERFdom. Such a shame I need to ask.

Groovejet is a straight recreation rather than a reworking. The vocal sounds a bit different in spots but it is very similar:

She showed (and dropped) the vinyl on her Instagram stories the other day, it looked very nice. I have the signed CD on the way from Amazon, hopefully it arrives in better shape than Disco last week.

The album has been at #5 on iTunes (behind AC/DC, McFly, Kylie and Paloma Faith) since Friday. Also 22 on Amazon.

Hopefully it can sneak a week in the top ten proper, which would be a major victory for her in this day and age.

Not having her version of Yes Sir I Can Boogie on this is SUCH a mistake! Especially with it currently being the new Scottish national anthem :D
She could have even just TOSSED IT OUT as a new single after CATD.

So BIZARRE that she turned up the chance of an EASY SMASH HIT with that, and plumped for I WON'T CHANGE YOU instead :eyes:

How bizarre that the lead singer of the Charlatans has become a leading Twitter event organiser.

Not having her version of Yes Sir I Can Boogie on this is SUCH a mistake! Especially with it currently being the new Scottish national anthem :D
She could have even just TOSSED IT OUT as a new single after CATD.

So BIZARRE that she turned up the chance of an EASY SMASH HIT with that, and plumped for I WON'T CHANGE YOU instead :eyes:

I'm glad to have True Faith and Do You Remember The First Time on there, but Yes Sir is SO kitchen disco and is definitely missed. You don't need both Come With Us and Wild Forever from Familia on there, I would have cut the former.

How bizarre that the lead singer of the Charlatans has become a leading Twitter event organiser.
He’s a really good DJ too these days or pre-COVID he was doing ticketed gigs in clubs. He’s been delivering for me with new album listens for Wendy James, Kylie and now Sophie all as guests.

As for this album I haven’t bought it yet but feel guilty as I feel I should as a thanks for her lockdown efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom