Vote for your winner(s)

• Varry Brava - "Raffaella"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xeinn - "Eco"

• Blanca Paloma - "Secreto del agua"

• Total voters
They’ll have someone’s eye out if they’re not careful.

When I was in Spain over the Christmas break I read a lovely (/UNHINGED) interview in a magazine with this Rigoberta lady and she CONFIRMED that she will "slip a nip" if she goes to Eurovision. So you got that to look forward to if she ends up winning the pre-selection.

Well if it worked for JAVINE :disco:

Luna Ki withdraws because they can’t use AUTOTUNE :D

Communication from LUNA KI's team

Luna Ki has communicated to RTVE their decision to withdraw from Benidorm Fest as the regulations of Eurovision have finally prohibited the use of autotune at the festival. This makes us sad, as autotune is a musical tool which has been used by artists like Cher since '98, and has represented part of the sound and identity of a generation. Luna considers that their song "Voy a Morir" has been composed with such a tool, and that its sound and timbre is partly essential for the artist's interpretation.

Luna is a sensible person and is going through a delicate emotional moment, and so we ask for everyone's maximum respect and kindness. Luna feels responsible towards the public of Benidorm Fest, towards the rest of the participating artists, and towards RTVE, to whom they will give a detailed explanation about their decision.

Ultimately, we want to thank RTVE and especially Eva Mora (head of delegation) and Maria Eizaguirre (director of RTVE) for their support and sensibility at all times.

So you're saying that this contest will be SIN AUTOTUNE :disco:

Wait, when did they ban autotune? The Olsen Brothers won with it!
Not long after that, as a direct result.

Don’t you think the contest 20 years later would be absolutely flooded with live pitch correction if it were allowed these days??

I think I’d still rather the Sanremoey one or (in a never-going-to-happen dreamworld) Azúcar Moreno won, but I’d be totally on board with Ay Mamá as the entry now.

It helps that musically it’s basically composed as a three-minute-long chorus. No mean feat.

It’s not my favourite, but it’s been far and away the biggest local hit so to my mind that qualifies it to win.

I guess you could say the same of that emetic ballad they sent in 2017(?) but that did bring in big ratings if I remember correctly.

It’s not my favourite, but it’s been far and away the biggest local hit so to my mind that qualifies it to win.

I guess you could say the same of that emetic ballad they sent in 2017(?) but that did bring in big ratings if I remember correctly.
Emetic ballad is one way to describe THIS…

Sorry, I meant 2018. Manel’s song was just plain emetic. (and transparently rigged to Eurovision against the will of the Spanish voters)

Sorry, I meant 2018. Manel’s song was just plain emetic. (and transparently rigged to Eurovision against the will of the Spanish voters)

And to think they snubbed Lo Malo (which later went to #1 in Spain and became a HUGE hit in South America if I’m not mistaken) for THAT :D:manson:

Yes! Madge is hosting it!
D8B44C09-A53A-4F8B-BF80-762BB561DE2C.jpeg

Sorry, is this National final called BENIDORM FEST? :o
It is! The licence is for 3 years, so at least there will be another 2 BenidormFest.

Btw, rehearsals for the semifinals tomorrow and Tuesday... from 3 pm until 1 am :D Only in Spain :disco:

Are they actually going to replace Luna Ki? I presume not considering how late it is, although I wonder if they WILL do an Anna Book and let them perform :D

PRE-SHOW TOP FOURTEEN (that no one asked for)

01. Ay Mama - :disco::disco::disco: This song is now as important as running water and electricity CHEZ SOLDI. Imagine what a MOMENT it’ll be if she gets her tits out in front of 14,000 gays :disco:
02. Calle de la Llorería - This was my first when the songs were released. If he takes notes from Rigoberta and slips a nip then he’ll be back on top.
03. Raffaella - I can imagine an UPBEAT TRIBUTE to Raffaella Carrà at an Italian contest would go down better than the Italian entry itself.
04. Sigues en mi mente
05. Postureo - I kind of want it to win, only for the start of the Eurovision perf to go tits up again :disco:
06. Secreto De Agua - Nice and pretty, but it’s inevitably finishing DEAD LAST :(
07. Culpa
08. Slo Mo
09. Make You Say - Pretty much Slo Mo but LESS BUDGET :disco:
10. Quién lo diría
11. Eco
12. Voy a morir - MEH, shame the poor love didn’t read the rules
13. Terra - Sorry to @Peekaboo‘s friend and all that but it’s a bit of a RACKET. Don’t get all the love from the DREADED eurofans, it just sounds like Pali Sie (which I do LOVE :disco:) but 10x worse. I can already see it falling flat on it’s face in Turin should it get the nod.
14. Mejores - FUCK NO

Last edited:
The stage looks amazing (for TVE standars), I can't believe we're going to have a decent show for once. They said the semis are going to be under 90 minutes and the final around 2 hours, but I have to see it to believe it :eyes:

@COB will be pleased to know Alaska (of ASFM and Drag Race España fame here) is one of the 3 hosts. As much as an icon she is, as a tv host she's so outdated. She hosted this on her own when Soraya won and was terrible, but whatever.

Reactions: COB

It’s a tad BUSY now and definitely more dated but whatever has to be done to get it over the line!

Oh dear one of them tested positive already. :vomit:
Just the boring ballad one, right? Oh well as long as all the other rehearsals are in the can today then it’ll be fine.

Yeah not a great loss, but they've been all together with no masks in several ocassions, TVE should stop testing them. :eyes:

I played my friend some of the Spanish songs the other night. His response to Calle de la llorería:

“It sounds like an amalgamation of the last few Italian entries”

Vindicated. :disco:

It's gonna be Rigoberta. She's winning the televote for sure (only 25% of the total), and I feel it's TVE option too. But you never know with those bitches.🤷‍♂️

I’ve gone from not really minding what wins to really hoping it’s Rigoberta. If she can’t do it then Rayden or Varry Bravo would be decent alternatives.

My boyfriend is team Terra and honestly I feel like I may need to break-up with him over this, he insists that Ay Mama will be another bottom 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom