Sweden 2021: Tusse - Voices

Ok I had a moment to this earlier and unless one of the remaining countries brings THE winner (I’ve said that like 50 times this week) then I think we’re off to STOCKHOLM next year!

WHAT ELSE IS GOING TO WIN?!

Genuinely think this would be a GREAT idea if the girls wanted to do it, y'know. It'd sound great, elevate the song and be a lovely way to honour their victory last year.

As a Mamas stan, I don't think I want this. They've done their time as backing singers. :evil:

I'm not sure I want this for them but if they want this, then I'd be happy for them?

As a Mamas stan, I don't think I want this. They've done their time as backing singers. :evil:

But they have NOTHING LEFT TO LIVE FOR! :shock:

I think it would be a very lovely gesture to offer them the opportunity to do backing vocals for Tusse :disco:

God maybe they should do the whole song acapella :D That clip has a lot more power for me than the entire performance!

But yes, I agree taking The Mama's along would be lovely.
Imagine if they all wear CRUSHED CRIMSON VELVET! (I was going to post a certain picture of Stacey Layne Matthews here, but decided that would be QUITE MEAN!)

Yeah, I feel like this would be a bit... sort of patronising? Obviously it would liven the song up a bit but unless it was their idea to do it I don’t think it would be the best move (excuse the pun).

I mean if they were reduced to doing BVs for, say, Dotter, I agree the optics wouldn't be great. But for this I kinda think it'd be really nice?

Obviously only if it's something they actively want to do though.

Is it even an option? Would they not need to be on the studio version that was submitted to the EBU?

Or would this be some San Marino style rulebending?

I don't think there'd be any rules against playing with the backing mix for the live performance.

Given that backing vocals are pre-recorded, wouldn’t it be a waste for any country to use some of their six person limit on having backing vocalists onstage? Even with ours, I want the brass trio onstage but I worry that only leaves space for two dancers.

OMG ITS LITERALLY THE MAMAS :D

EDIT: ISN'T IT? :confused:

EDIT 2: I've watched the PERF and it's NOT
:D!

BEV: OMG REMEMBER WHEN THE MAMAS WERE ON THE X-FACTOR?

Genuinely think this would be a GREAT idea if the girls wanted to do it, y'know. It'd sound great, elevate the song and be a lovely way to honour their victory last year.

That's old news, I suggested exactly that in the MF thread on Saturday night.

Given that backing vocals are pre-recorded, wouldn’t it be a waste for any country to use some of their six person limit on having backing vocalists onstage? Even with ours, I want the brass trio onstage but I worry that only leaves space for two dancers.

they don’t have to be prerecorded do they? I thought it was just an available option for the first time

My parents watched a video of clips of all the songs and this was the only one that stood out to them.

My mother said the songs seemed very YOUTHFUL this year, which I tend to agree with.

Here for Stockholm 2022 with PETRA :disco:

I think if Malta, Switzerland, France etc don’t translate well on stage then this would be the one I’d look towards, same with Lithuania too.

Vilnius would be cheap too :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom