Taylor Swift - "Look What You Made Me Do"

Goodness, all this could just have been orchestrated!

Reactions: COB
No-one else getting a distinct Marina & The Diamonds vibe? Except Marina would have written a proper chorus...

Reactions: ZZ
I don't hate this but it's very shticky and I guess it'll get old fast.

Twitter is already dragging her over the video.

I like it, but I can also see it getting old fast. Unfortunately the chorus is the worst part. It's got a 93% lead on iTunes at the moment. What was the highest debut week in the US so far this year?

No-one else getting a distinct Marina & The Diamonds vibe? Except Marina would have written a proper chorus...

Absolutely what I thought too

But Marina has the talent and the voice to carry a weird song like this one, while Taylor Swift is so lifeless and boring in her delivery. And yes, Marina would've written an actual chorus.

This reminds me of Perfect Illusion - halfway through the first listen I really wasn't sure about it, and by halfway through the second I absolutely loved it.

I'm still finding this pretty drecky but some of the Twitter conspiracy theories about it are hilarious.

Apparently the title is Taylor co-opting the language of domestic abusers and the song was deliberately released on the anniversary of Kanye West's mothers death because Taylor is a MONSTER.

Surely it's more squarely aimed at Perry than Kanye anyway. I'd think she'd want to draw as little attention as possible to the latter feud given how poorly she came out of it.

The desperation in some of the theories straddles that difficult line between funny and really quite worrying. You'd almost think she's just upset a lot of thick white cishets by having a court rule that you can't feel her arse without permission or something...

The song is average and very, very tryhard but I'm hopeful that Taylor going full-on evil, Fatal Attraction-style on Kanye and Kim will offer some more on the album. (also what a waste of a sample, I wanted to hear about Taylor in a two-piece at the beach saying hey sexy)

The frantic pivoting by bland Twitter personalities that used to lionise her as some sort of feminist icon but can't because Kim is now slightly more woke is probably more entertaining than the song. Neither give a fuck, they just want some more money.

Really?? Hahaha! Shows you how engaged I am with that whole shitstorm!

Aren't they all pretty much interchangeable, anyway?

more like INCOMPREHENSIBLE

I don't get ANY OF IT. who is she, what is she singing, why is it of such huge importance that two thirds of all queens out there are giddy about it? I need to read more gossip magazines

The desperation in some of the theories straddles that difficult line between funny and really quite worrying. You'd almost think she's just upset a lot of thick white cishets by having a court rule that you can't feel her arse without permission or something...
I don't think so. Most of the people criticising her thought she was an arsehole way before that.

Surely it's more squarely aimed at Perry than Kanye anyway. I'd think she'd want to draw as little attention as possible to the latter feud given how poorly she came out of it.

I thought it was fairly clearly about the whole Kim/Kanye thing... it's littered with lyrics about whoever it was making her look a bit of a tit.

Anyway it's crap.

It's intentionally vague in order to appeal to everyone.

I don't hate it but I'm pretty sure that if she played it smart and had given this to either Marina or Charli XCX they would have done a STELLAR job.

see also This Is What You Came For

I don't know how no one from her record company thought of suggesting they put a chorus in there before releasing it and gave it the green light in its current half-arsed format.

Apparently the Chinese are on board after Taylor's PR team listed Taiwan as a province of China on their Weibo announcement

Debuts at #1 on Spotify worldwide, including #1 in the USA and #2 in the UK.

Video:

The old T-Swifts concept almost make the "she's dead" line OK but still what a hateful song

Is she making fun of herself in the end? Wasn't it her that said 'I'd like to be excluded from this narrative' regarding the Kanye West song line approval situation?

The only person with a bigger victim complex than her is Jodie Marsh. Imagine dragging up a feud from a year ago to kick start your new album campaign.

Doesn't really matter what it means, the point is she's trying way too hard to have some cheesy career narrative.

And whether she's genuinely bothered by a pathetic Katy Perry/Kanye West beef or whether she's just pretending to be bothered but only latching onto it for the cheesy narrative, she's SHIT either way.

I'll try to be nice

IT LOOKS EXPENSIVE :)

shame the "swing in a cage" concept has been done before SWEETIE

giphy.gif

also are we sure this samples I'm too sexy? Its sounds more like Peaches - Operate to me

Ew that video is gross, talk about pandering. She is truly the most unlikeable pop star around.

Just watched it. It's really good, but too bad it was wasted on such a dreadful song. Loved the self-references, especially the end.

Still, she's corny as fuck. Even when she's poking fun of herself she's terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom