Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor’s version) - out Nov 2021

are we ready to have the conversation about Cardigan being one of her very best songs ever? going into its second winter, it continues to light a fire every time I play it. what an utterly warm hug of a song.

leaving like a father, running like water
and when you are young they assume you know nothing...
but I knew you'd LINGER like a tattoo KISS
knew you'd haunt all of my what-ifs
the smell of smoke would hang around this long
'cos I knew EVERYTHING when I was young
i knew i'd curse you for the longest time
chasing shadows in the grocery line
I knew you'd miss me once the thrill EXPIRED
and you'd be standing in my front porch light
and I knew you'd come back to ME
You'd come back...

original.gif

I mean aside from the sheer fucking brilliance of this lyric and the urgency of this middle 8/outro moment, this is her best songwriting since Red.

i think folklore is the most important record of her career, in that she was already legendary in popstar terms but it cemented her legend as an artiste.

Last edited:
The "Sad Girl Autumn" thing is a bit too knowing but that is lovely...nae budget, which is appealing; they wrung a lot out of two photos of Aaron Dessner!

One thing I very much enjoy about this song is that there are some really touching, intimate lyrics, and then there are moments like "back before you lost the only real thing you've ever known" which snaps you straight back to the melodrama of being 21 and thinking you and the guy now ghosting you had a GREAT LOVE FOR THE AGES when really he just wanted a blowjob :(

Fell asleep to RED (TS's version) last night and started my Friday with folklore (lockdown masterpiece) and truly, she is the greatest songwriter of this generation.

ALL TOO WELL RATE

12 All Too Well
10 All Too Well (Taylor's Version)
09 All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version)
07 All Too Well (Sad Girl Autumn Version) (Recorded at Long Pond Studios)
11 All Too Well (A-Trak remix)

(manifesting the latter into existence)

It is and they're not that good but I think Americans like them? @RJN to explain (and while you're at it plz vote for the TayTay forum)
:D
I like my swiffer because its easy to use and cleans quickly and makes the room smell nice after and because I'm a Taylor stan these days and it reminds me of HER

09 All Too Well
09 All Too Well (Taylor's Version)
10 All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version)
11 All Too Well (Sad Girl Autumn Version) (Recorded at Long Pond Studios)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom