Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor’s version) - out Nov 2021

I was wondering about that... 5.7 million total is way more than I was expecting but it does seem right with all the hype for it

I cannot believe 9 years in and finally ALL TOO WELL gets its chance to SHINE!

sub-buzz-32443-1536938617-10.png

help i'm still trying to process right where you left me.

this ruthless whore is suffocating me. i have absolutely no words to say about all too well (10 mins) and the rest of this fuckery.

i am unwell. i will report back with the 100s in a few days.

Phenomenal 10 minute (!) perf on SNL

I got bored of that after 6 minutes. I don't get it. It sounds nice and all, but surely just quietly release it as a B-Side or something rather than harking on about a 3 month fling from over a decade ago? Your relationships really aren't all that interesting.

it's a new version of her best song that was never a single that she's using now to sell Taylor's Version of Red - what's not to get? :D
THAT is her best song??

OK. It's like a 7/10.

Either way, if it wasn't about a famous person I personally don't think anyone would care.

Projected to do a half million, or near it, in the US. Fearless TV did 291k

NEW RELEASES: TAY RECREATES A BIG RED BOW

Republic's Taylor Swift will score the second largest debut of the year with Red (Taylor's Version). After one day of sales and streams, we're projecting first week activity of 450-500k.

Year-to-date, Swift's opening will land behind label mate Drake, who's Certified Lover Boy (OVO/Republic) debuted with 613k in September. Streams of more than 200m will contribute between 160-190k in SEA to Red TV's total.

As of this week, UMG has nine of the year’s Top 10 debuts with Sony's Tyler, The Creator being the spoiler to a perfect 10. Of course, these rankings will be short lived as Adele's 30 (Columbia) is on deck for Friday and is expected to open with the year’s biggest number.

Look for an update on Monday along with projections for Silk Sonic, TWICE, Jason Aldean and DaBaby.

I never thought All Too Well was a particular standout - the editing process maybe neutered it a bit. The 10 minute thing is a bit contrived - the fade-out required to take it over the 10 minute mark is protracted by a good 20-30 seconds.

Has Adele got news for YOU!
At the very least Adele doesn’t get so incredibly specific like she’s reciting her diaries, and she doesn’t date super famous people, leaving her fans to form hate campaigns against individuals.

I honestly know fuck all about Swift but for some reason my Twitter timeline has been filled with people who I previously had no idea were “Swifties”, launching some hate campaign against Jake Gyllenhaal for something he did 10 years ago? I mean it’s not even like he’s made a decent film since then anyway, so I don’t care either way :D

I would always caution against judging an artist by the most bonkers element of their fan base but, yeah, the online Swifties are wild. They piled on an obscure Australian electronic artist I'm a fan of because of a joke she made and it was one of the most unedifying sights I'd witnessed on Twitter and I've seen a *lot*...

it's a new version of her best song that was never a single that she's using now to sell Taylor's Version of Red - what's not to get? :D
In what world is this her best song!? Even Shake It Off is better!!

It’s not her best song song in my opinion, but it’s up there

Never really got the fuss over "All Too Well". It's good not great, imo. "Begin Again" is my favorite ballad moment on Red.

All Too Well is the zenith of her songwriting skills and her most emotional vocal delivery ever. the build to the big chorus 3 minutes in, the comedown, the final climax... amazing. I'm talking original, not 10 minute version. for me it and State of Grace are her true discography elevens.

I literally cannot at that Shake It Off comment.

All Too Well is the zenith of her songwriting skills and her most emotional vocal delivery ever. the build to the big chorus 3 minutes in, the comedown, the final climax... amazing. I'm talking original, not 10 minute version. for me it and State of Grace are her true discography elevens.

I literally cannot at that Shake It Off comment.
allenxandria-wheres-the-lie.gif

Do we forgive Taylor’s flat vocals in the SNL performance on account of the emoshiún?

Discuss.
we forgive and gratefully accept everything our demented, sociopathically unhinged, guitar strumming overlord-and-saviour serves us. :disco:

I’m working on it right now but my quill is faulty :(
EXCUSES, EXCUSES. if Taylor had said THE DOG ATE THE LYRICS SHEET every time an album was due she wouldn't be THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD!

#1 in the mids with 25k, 9 (!) copies ahead of Little Mix. her streams will widen that gap easily.

Little Mix preparing a special fourth vinyl release with Jesy on the front as an emergency procedure.

The Red release has me revisiting Speak Now (Scooter's Version).

'Mean' very much a taster of things to come with Reputation.

And John Mayer is going to need to go into hiding before they re-release this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom