Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor’s version) - out Nov 2021

30 tracks again…

53ACC0AB-AFA0-4E56-BED4-6010F5DCBBED.jpeg

violently SHAKING and CRYING in a corner you guys

god, gays would make a gay storm out of a gay teacup. the "weee's" in WANGBT are not that bad but the main vocal sounds awful and suspiciously quiet! What the fuck happened?
State of grace and Red sound very good, Did she rope in Ed Sheeran to re-record his vocals too?

Trouble is one of her best songs, but I think the Taylor's Version is lacking some of the original bite.

I think most of the singles from this ARE missing it! I guess it was expected, wasn't she like 22 when she released this?

I've only listened to the singles and they definitely all seemed a touch off. It makes me wonder if they will have problems with 1989 (the only album of hers I've listened to in full). Especially as it seems to be production issues more than vocal issues, and 1989 was gloriously produced.

Call me crazy but it sounds like she did recycle some production bits from Red (Scooter's version) on this so here's hoping she follows suit for 1989 (Out June 2022 I BET...as an NFT, probably :eyes:).

I must have listened to rest of Red about a million times in my youth but I don’t think I’ve ever consciously sat through Sad Beautiful Tragic.

Surely all the singles just sound a bit off because they have all been played SO much in the intervening years?

Actually that wasn’t a question, I’m just stating a fact. Take it or leave it.

No they’re just different and BARELY at that. But never mind, the old version still exists even if it does hurt her feelings when you listen to it.

No they’re just different and BARELY at that. But never mind, the old version still exists even if it does hurt her feelings when you listen to it.
We Are Never Ever is VERY different hun :D the spoken middle 8 is also delivered in a much more low key way. she sounds less socioopathic/unhinged on (TV), which was part of the fun of the original.

Y’all really did a lot over the wee’s huh.:eyes: The way those sounded in my head when reading the comments before hearing them.

Now I'm second guessing myself on the "we"s. Are they actually that different or did I just think so because I was primed for it? Luckily its a non-issue because I never ever ever want to listen to any version of that song ever again

We Are Never is in her top 5 "pop singles" and haters can politely remove themselves from the area — this is for discerning stans only 😇

I mean it's an 11/10 moment, don't get me wrong, but it's not even in my Red top 5 let alone in my TayTay "pop singles" or, indeed, overall top 5.

Facts are facts Mopsy.

Top 5 Pop Singles, not including album tracks and not ranked

Wildest Dreams, Out of the Woods, Style, Blank Space, Delicate

i'm listening to WANGBT properly and to be honest I'm not seeing much of a difference in regards to 'Weee-eee' sorry :(

Top 5 Pop Singles, not including album tracks and not ranked

Wildest Dreams, Out of the Woods, Style, Blank Space, Delicate
01 Out of the Woods
02 Delicate / Wildest Dreams
03 Blank Space
04 (Wee-ee!) Are Never Ever...
05 Shake it Off

I still hate that we live in a world in which Welcome to New York was not a single

01 Out of the Woods
02 Delicate / Wildest Dreams
03 Blank Space
04 (Wee-ee!) Are Never Ever...
05 Shake it Off

I still hate that we live in a world in which Welcome to New York was not a single
I agree with your top 3 (even though its 4 songs). Welcome to New York would probably be up there too. I was going to put Gorgeous, which I thought had been a single for some reason

Wildest Dreams' bridge is one of the best things she's EVER DONE. Lana FUMING while texting her DADDY and scoring drugs.

Right, well you're totally exaggerating the "Wee-eeeee" thing. I was expecting something drastic and it absolutely isn't. They're just not that different. Calm yourselves down, ya mad bastards.

So, 30 tracks is too much in one go, obviously. And buying an album with thingy from Snow Patrol on it is a bit like buying a pair of shoes that already have a bit of dog shit on them. BUT Forever Winter, Ronan and the 10 minute All Too Well make this worthwhile. Maybe some of the other songs will stand out with repeated plays but, as with the new version of Fearless, the sonic palate is too narrow for such a big serving.

I'm not sure how I feel about the re-recording project right now. At this rate, she'll still be releasing them into 2023. So when do we get new music rather than "vault" songs?

I don't think I want re-recorded versions of 1989 or Reputation. and I only want "Taylor Swift" out of morbid curiosity.

she did release three studio albums in a period of sixteen months. a three year gap after evermore (to late '23) would be perfectly expected/deserved.

as it is I think she'll get these out of the way in '22 (1989 in May, rep/debut together in Oct/Nov—neither being very anticipated...). I'm sure they'd be coming even earlier but vinyl queue times will be dictating the dates.

A day in, the track on I keep coming back to is Nothing New. The melody is beautiful and "How can a person know everything at 18, but nothing at 22?" is such a classic Taylor lyrics. Phoebe Bridgers sounds as great as ever and its just so good.

Left this on to play yesterday, and approximately 6 hours in, Ronan started playing.

Give the people a trigger warning pls Taylor :(

haven't watched the video yet. I heard there are extended dishwashing scenes and it scared me. but omg the streaming debuts are insane :o

Spotify US

01. All Too Well (10 minute) - 3.5m
02. Red (TV) - 2.4m
03. All Too Well (TV) - 2.2m
04. State of Grace (TV) - 2.1m
05. I Knew You Were Trouble (TV) - 2m
07. 22 (TV) - 1.9m
08. Treacherous (TV) - 1.8m
09. Nothing New (From the Vault) - 1.8m
10. We Are Never... (TV) - 1.7m

12. Better Man (From the Vault) - 1.6m
13. I Almost Do (TV) - 1.6m
14. Stay Stay Stay (TV) - 1.5m
15. Everything Has Changed (TV) - 1.5m
16. The Last Time (TV) - 1.4m
17. I Bet You Think About Me (From the Vault) - 1.4m
18. Run (From the Vault) - 1.4m
19. Holy Ground (TV) - 1.4m
20. Message in a Bottle (From the Vault) - 1.3m

she actually occupies 27 of the top 30, and she broke her own record with folklore

as for global:

01. All Too Well (10 minute) - 6.7m
04. Red (TV) - 5m
07. All Too Well (TV) - 4.4m
09. I Knew You Were Trouble (TV) - 4.3m
12. State of Grace (TV) - 4m
13. 22 (TV) - 3.9m
18. Treacherous (TV) - 3.5m
20. Nothing New (From the Vault) - 3.1m

she's most likely debuting #1 on the Hot 100 with All Too Well if these numbers don't go into freefall :o @POP! I'm assuming both count toward the same song charting rather than two separate entries?

All Too Well is also #2 and #9 on UK for an easy #1 overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom