Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor’s version) - out Nov 2021

The Red release has me revisiting Speak Now (Scooter's Version).

'Mean' very much a taster of things to come with Reputation.

And John Mayer is going to need to go into hiding before they re-release this one.

this will be an interesting album to revisit because I feel like it's one that really never made a lasting impact. doesn't have classic singles (even Mine was a watered down Love Story). totally overshadowed by Fearless before it and Red after. curious about whether I'll dive in and discover loads to love or not...

I'm actually scared for 1989. imagining what she'll do with the spoken bridge on Shake It Off has me SWEATING.

this will be an interesting album to revisit because I feel like it's one that really never made a lasting impact. doesn't have classic singles (even Mine was a watered down Love Story). totally overshadowed by Fearless before it and Red after. curious about whether I'll dive in and discover loads to love or not...
Enchanted, Haunted, and Ours are the big keepers. It’s mostly solid though, if not her most exciting album

Speak Now has had something of reconnaissance with MOI lately. Back to December is my choice cut and obviously Haunted is rightly well-loved by the Swifties.

It's still quite country and quite immature in places but it sits EXTREMELY well where it is in her ouvre and you can really retrospectively see her evolution. If Speak Now is her Novice-form, Red is her Champion-form and 1989 onwards are the Ultimate-forms (Folklore and Evermore and some of the weird branches of those top forms...)

anyone for some more MAD STATS? she's now had 7 of the 10 biggest streaming days (entire discog) in a single day among female artists.

#1 Taylor Swift 122.9M - Red TV release day
#2 Taylor Swift 96.8M - Folklore release day
#3 Taylor Swift 93.7M - Red TV 2nd day
#4 Taylor Swift 89.7M - Evermore release day
#5 Taylor Swift 84.7M - Red TV 4th day
#7 Taylor Swift 78.8M - Red TV 3rd day
#10 Taylor Swift 72M - Fearless TV release day

her streaming dominance is kinda weird because she doesn't have any billion-streamed singles (Dua has 4 for instance, Ariana has several), but her album track streams since Lover in particular have been HUGE.

her fans listen to her albums in full while these Ariana queens are taking five two-minute tracks and running :disco: I love that for her! queen of the alboom!!!

Last edited:
Taylor Swift = The Man Who Sold The World
FEARLESS = Hunky Dory
Speak Now = Ziggy Stardust
RED = Aladdin Sane
1989 = Diamond Dogs
Reputation = Young Americans
LOVER = Station To Station
Folklore = Low
Evermore = 'Heroes'

I'm actually looking forward to Enchanted (Taylor's Version) out of SPEAK Now. I wonder how she'll ruin it 😤

'Better than Revenge' is largely considered PROBLEMATIC coming as it does before Taylor's feminist awakening but it very much GOES OFF.

Taylor Swift = The Man Who Sold The World
FEARLESS = Hunky Dory
Speak Now = Ziggy Stardust
RED = Aladdin Sane
1989 = Diamond Dogs
Reputation = Young Americans
LOVER = Station To Station
Folklore = Low
Evermore = 'Heroes'

"Speak Now" is not Ziggy Stardust!!

But you are suggesting the next album will be a weird hodge-podge and the one after that will be her best ever... :disco:

Do we know what *is* next? 1989 maybe after Wildest Things went viral a while back?

The general feeling is that it will be either 1989 or Speak Now because she can't do Reputation until 5 years after its original release and everyone appears to have forgotten that "Taylor Swift" exists.

The general feeling is that it will be either 1989 or Speak Now because she can't do Reputation until 5 years after its original release and everyone appears to have forgotten that "Taylor Swift" exists.
Yeah I can't help but feel Taylor Swift (Taylor Swift's version) will be quietly released between two bigger albums. Looking forward to it though. Picture to Burn goes OFF and I only learnt today (tanks @dUb's friend) that the homophobic lyrics have been removed. :disco:

• Love
Reactions: dUb
I think 1989 is the least re-recordable album. It has the most distinctive sound of the Big Machine releases. But, let's be honest, who is buying these for the re-recordings. It's the "vault" songs everyone really wants.

'Better than Revenge' is largely considered PROBLEMATIC coming as it does before Taylor's feminist awakening but it very much GOES OFF.
This is why I want to re release. I wanna see how she tackles THAT.

She was able to rewrite Picture to Burn (Go ahead I’ll tell mine you’re gaaaaay, and by the way...), but I don’t know how she’ll cover the lyrics of BTR.

Yeah I can't help but feel Taylor Swift (Taylor Swift's version) will be quietly released between two bigger albums. Looking forward to it though. Picture to Burn goes OFF and I only learnt today (tanks @dUb's friend) that the homophobic lyrics have been removed. :disco:

I've never heard "Taylor Swift". I listed to that song about Tim McGraw (?) and I thought it was absolute gash.

I also want to hear the Taylor Swift album with 2021 vocals because some of the ones in the original are charming but ROUGH.

See Invisible. <3

My 6th grade girlfriend (:eyes:) was obsessed with her first album. I’d say Our Song and Teardrops on my Guitar are the classics from it. Like @Barnacle, I’d like to hear it with new vocals, but it’s not what I most want

I got bored of that after 6 minutes. I don't get it. It sounds nice and all, but surely just quietly release it as a B-Side or something rather than harking on about a 3 month fling from over a decade ago? Your relationships really aren't all that interesting.
That is no way to talk about the Greatest Songwriter Of The Twenty-First Century.

I just looked and Taylor Swift is her only album that wasn’t a US number one. She’s definitely going to want to fix that

I finally had the courage to listen to “Ronan” today

tumblr_m20w18SvLA1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

"Enchanted" may be my favorite song of hers. I also adore "Mine" - "Love Story" re-tread or not.

I never paid attention to enchanted before until you started to fangirl about it a few times; I revisited it and haven't stopped ever since. THE TASTE!

question for the culture

who do nobodies have their own forums while the music industry doesn't?

I just had the misfortune of listening to I Knew You Were Trouble (TV), which i had skipped until today.

I hate the original but at least the production pops where it has to. this one is FLATTER than a PANCAKE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom