The War in Ukraine

The question is whether Ukraine can hold out while the Russian economy collapses. I would, sadly, argue no. A Russian victory looks more likely than at any time since the first day of the war.

It feels like Russia just trying to improve his standing with the world community. Cynically I'd say to benefit potential allies - Hi Turkey.

I think we'll definitely start to see a shift in the world order post-Ukraine. There's definitely been a long boiling resentment towards Western domination and influence.

Fifteen dead in an attack on a railway station in the Dnipro region on Ukraine’s Independence Day :(

Russia has now entirely stopped Nordatream 1 with seemingly no plan to switch it back on.

Russian forces reportedly in a state of complete collapse in the Kharkiv region, as the Ukrainian counter-offensive also sweeps towards the occupied city of Kherson. :disco:

They're not just recapturing land either, the Russian forces are apparently abandoning huge amounts of equipment as they go.

What has gone so wrong for Russia? I know it was a shit show from day one, but losing their gains just seems so fucking useless.

I presume western supplied firepower in the hands of Ukraine has helped a lot.

Some prominent Russian lawmakers also publicly called for Putin to be arrested for Treason yesterday. They'll probably have a nasty fall from a high window before the weekend is out, but it feels like the tide is shifting...

What has gone so wrong for Russia? I know it was a shit show from day one, but losing their gains just seems so fucking useless.

I presume western supplied firepower in the hands of Ukraine has helped a lot.

Terrible organisation and zero morale. The soldiers are reportedly under-trained and have no idea what they're really fighting for - many expected to be hailed as liberating heroes but instead are hated by the civilians in the occupied areas and are having to manage a war front while also dealing with significant civil disobedience and rebellion. Hence they're collapsing quickly under pressure. Meanwhile the Ukrainians are of course hugely motivated to carry on.

surely Putin doesn't have long left? the war a complete failure, economy in the gutter, increasingly isolated...

Kherson Oblast will take longer than Kharkiv for a number of reasons, so "sweeping" is probably a bit strong - but it's been an encouraging past 36-48 hours.

Have the Russians nipped out to the shops or something? It does seem to be happening at incredible pace.

Twitter has gone into overdrive saying it’s a coup (I mean it isn’t, but imagine :disco:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom