UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

Pippa Crear is probably in a headscarf and dark glasses by the Cabinet Office bins as we type.

Pippa coming through with the leaked report.

giphy.gif

I’m not fighting with Jark :o

He just doesn’t read posts :D

I’ve been waiting for this to come up so that I wasn’t the first person to mention it. The report passed away on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning. There’s a super injunction in place that covers its illness and death so as to protect Sue Gray’s other reports from harrassement. I know due to my work which is why...

There are no answers for how you get to "We've got no issue with the report being published!" to this that don't imply either rank corruption or rank incompetence.

Well, that's Johnson fucked. If he thinks he's going to bury this story he's just made things a hundred times worse. Everyone will be asking for this, and the fact that the Met had no issue with it being released earlier this week means there's no legal basis for these redactions now.

Well, that's Johnson fucked. If he thinks he's going to bury this story he's just made things a hundred times worse. Everyone will be asking for this, and the fact that the Met had no issue with it being released earlier this week means there's no legal basis for these redactions now.
Unfortunately, this country does have enough of a tendency to kow-tow to the police that it's probably kicked the can down the road on the issue down for now, unless there are more leaks/stories about parties. Waiting for the police investigation is going to be the new waiting for Sue Grey for the Tory MPs that are holding off on moving - ergo, he's probably not going until the locals at least.

I think there probably will be leaks. The people who gave Sue Gray evidence will easily be able to pass that on to journalists if they think it's getting buried and also want it out. I wouldn't be surprised if Dominic Cummings openly publishes the email he sent to Sue Gray

I dunno, he's going to have to try to make this bullshit wash with the actual lawyer who destroys him on a weekly basis at PMQs. The offences being investigated don't require trial by jury so there's no basis for withholding the report.

I dunno, he's going to have to try to make this bullshit wash with the actual lawyer who destroys him on a weekly basis at PMQs. The offences being investigated don't require trial by jury so there's no basis for withholding the report.
I doubt Boris Johnson will have a problem saying a non sequitur in response to every question he gets about this!

(The other side of this is of course that there's a chance some of the stuff in the report might entail a trial by jury, but I certainly know which answer I'm putting my money on.)

If anything, journos are absolutely spitting bile at the Met Police over this this morning, which should flavour the coverage of this at least.

So, the Met have no interest whatsoever in investigating a series of parties for which they were essentially working the door, until by investigating them they can save Johnson’s miserable little skin for a few more months. All the while being run by a commissioner that would have been fired several times over under any normal regime. It’s like they don’t even care about not looking corrupt any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom