Where is Rihanna?

5B16E545-F06C-4C98-868C-15EF1A5FD678.jpeg
Debra Stephenson just dropping in to check on proceedings.

I don't know whether I want a new Rihanna album to be an absolute banger or an absolutely irredeemable pile of shit. The latter would be funnier, the former more rewarding.

At least that means it’s less likely to be trap. I trust her to do something interesting with whatever it is, it doesn’t have to be bangers.

TBH even her trap stuff is more listenable than other artists (hi Ari)

At least that means it’s less likely to be trap. I trust her to do something interesting with whatever it is, it doesn’t have to be bangers.

TBH even her trap stuff is more listenable than other artists (hi Ari)

Imagine if her often dreamed Reggae album becomes a REALITÉ.

If I’d made enough money to comfortably retire in luxury by the age of 30, I’d take a massive break to enjoy it too. Smart woman.

I know, right? I wouldn't exactly be up for hauling my arse around the world for a 2 year tour when I have enough cash to Scrooge McDuck my way through life.

Isn't her fashion line massively profitable? I don't know if she gets involved with it day to day, but I imagine she hasn't just been sitting on her arse since 2016.

How old is she? At one point she seemed unstoppable and was looking to break all #1s records.

Mind you, I too would just retire if I had the money.

How old is she? At one point she seemed unstoppable and was looking to break all #1s records.

Mind you, I too would just retire if I had the money.
33. it's an interesting moment to take a break. I think it's easy to forgot that she literally worked non-stop 2005 to 2012, nobody in pop was more prominent in that time. there must have been burnout moments. after 2016 she probably never wanted to do any of it again!

but radio and cultural cachet do have an expiry date for women in pop and I'd say if she comes back within 2-3 years she probably just has one more shot at a huge era with hit singles etc before she's deemed too old. she will always have the fanbase + legend for splashy albums, but the hits won't flow forever (see Beyoncé). who knows if that interests her or not?

It would have been interesting to see how long her chart success (at the high level she had) would have lasted if she kept going.

Isn't her fashion line massively profitable? I don't know if she gets involved with it day to day, but I imagine she hasn't just been sitting on her arse since 2016.
I think more her makeup line than her fashion one, but either way she's been doing a lot. Still - SIX YEARS THOUGH! She's nearly tying how long the break was for the OTHER Robyn

33. it's an interesting moment to take a break. I think it's easy to forgot that she literally worked non-stop 2005 to 2012, nobody in pop was more prominent in that time. there must have been burnout moments. after 2016 she probably never wanted to do any of it again!

but radio and cultural cachet do have an expiry date for women in pop and I'd say if she comes back within 2-3 years she probably just has one more shot at a huge era with hit singles etc before she's deemed too old. she will always have the fanbase + legend for splashy albums, but the hits won't flow forever (see Beyoncé). who knows if that interests her or not?
I think both Rihanna and Beyoncé could score a number one US debut with the right song

I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up with a Vegas residency before giving us a new album. Lazy bitch!

I remember when it used to be a running joke that every Q4 brought a new Rihanna album because it quite literally did.

Certainly doesn’t sound like she is done with music, and she always turns out the goods (take note Ariana - if you’re going to turn out the albums at least make them listenable). It will surely be a huge comeback when it happens.

Rated R and Loud remain EVERYTHING

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom