2022 Midterm Elections (US)

Idk who can get every Republican congressman to support them

the more things change, the more they stay the same (the freedom caucus fucking things up for other republicans)

Is this some sort of "bring me back and make me a compromise candidate" ploy? :D

Still better than the Speaker Liz Cheney fantasy of some commentators.

Is this some sort of "bring me back and make me a compromise candidate" ploy? :D

Still better than the Speaker Liz Cheney fantasy of some commentators.

Yeah and Michael Bennet (or at least I think it was him) was encouraging it on Twitter

Looking like the final House tally is 220 - 2013 for the Republicans, which actually matches the majority the Democrats had previously (although the Democrats are much less prone to the kind of infighting that's going to make life difficult for the Republicans).

Of the last few races, worth mentioning that the Democratic Mary Peltola won in Alaska, defeating Sarah Palin. She'd previously won a special election for the same seat just a few weeks previously. Alaska is usually deep red, so her success is quite the bellweather.

Looking like the final House tally is 220 - 2013 for the Republicans, which actually matches the majority the Democrats had previously (although the Democrats are much less prone to the kind of infighting that's going to make life difficult for the Republicans).

Of the last few races, worth mentioning that the Democratic Mary Peltola won in Alaska, defeating Sarah Palin. She'd previously won a special election for the same seat just a few weeks previously. Alaska is usually deep red, so her success is quite the bellweather.
Thank heavens for Alaska having the sense to bring in AV :disco:

Alaska is a really interesting case with their preferential ranking system. Hard to imagine moderate Republican senator and Trump nemesis Lisa Murkowski still being around in any other Red-leaning state.

Speaking of…

It was always going to a Republican, but she’s vastly preferable to the Trump-endorsed candidate.

• Love
Reactions: RJN
Even though she lost by a very slim margin, I'm still enjoying watching Kunti Lake being a sore loser. She's just so STEAM PRESSED.

Ugh wait times are over 2 hours for voting in the runoff

Ugh wait times are over 2 hours for voting in the runoff
Who is in charge of polling stations In the US ?
Is it deliberate that they don’t put enough in cities ? I mean the most i’ve ever queued for is like a minute

We’re talking about Marjorie Taylor Greene at work and my coworker mentioned that she went to elementary school with her :D

Who is in charge of polling stations In the US ?
Is it deliberate that they don’t put enough in cities ? I mean the most i’ve ever queued for is like a minute
I think the state runs it, but it could be the county. And the current government of Georgia definitely doesn’t want people in Atlanta to vote

FB_IMG_1668573128160.jpg

Has she made a statement? Please tell me she has made a statement. I want to see her fully unhinged. Well, even moreso than usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom