Girls Aloud REUNION TOUR CONFIRMED + NO NEW MUSIC

I was thinking of trying for Cardiff presale tomorrow, but this price chat is making me angry.
Oh apparently Cardiff also went presale today, so that's a decision made and time saved tomorrow.

My friend got floor tickets in section B1 of the o2 on 23.06 for £113 each for us which was a pleasant surprise :disco:

And what are those four different fees? What are they actually FOR?
So you can stand at the bar for 30 minutes while the opening chords of Sound of The Underground echo around you, you decide to wait it out anyway thinking “surely it’ll be beautiful coz ya luv me next”, but before you know it you’re hearing “I’ve got to heat it up”. A warm pint is served.

I've not paid less than £100 for any tickets in the last few years.
This. £100+ is the going rate these days for big acts. I expected to pay that and did. There are cheaper tickets at the back in fairness.

A friend of mine wanted to see Green Day but they're currently averaging £180 a pop in the same venues GA are playing, so yeah, unfortunately that seems to be the economic reality for big ticket gigs these days. I'm expecting similar costs for Kylie if she ever gets around to touring Tension.

A friend of mine wanted to see Green Day but they're currently averaging £180 a pop in the same venues GA are playing, so yeah, unfortunately that seems to be the economic reality for big ticket gigs these days. I'm expecting similar costs for Kylie if she ever gets around to touring Tension.
Tell your friend to come to Isle of Wight festival next year, Green day are headlining on the Sunday!

• Love
Reactions: VoR
So there are pretty much all tickets available right now for the new O2 date and because the seating is so exhorbitant for anything decent, we've fucked it and decided to go for the pit. It's going to be VICIOUS in there :D

Great news etc and no shade intended and I’m sure they’ve done the market research but isn’t that a slightly over ambitious itinerary? I’m not that familiar with their previous UK tour track record so maybe I’m speaking out of turn..

And hasn't this post aged well... :D

I'm seeing the endless comments on social media about the ticket prices and it confuses me. As we've said, £100 is the going rate for big acts.

Secondly, seeing a live act isn't a right, it's a luxury. They and indeed any band, are a business. There are cheaper tickets and besides, the gigs are 8 months away and there are multiple options to pay in the checkout with Paypal credit etc which can spread out the costs. People on there keep mentioning the cost of living and yes, its high but as mentioned, this is a luxury. I just don't really understand the outrage.

I'm seeing the endless comments on social media about the ticket prices and it confuses me. As we've said, £100 is the going rate for big acts.

Secondly, seeing a live act isn't a right, it's a luxury. They and indeed any band, are a business. There are cheaper tickets and besides, the gigs are 8 months away and there are multiple options to pay in the checkout with Paypal credit etc which can spread out the costs. People on there keep mentioning the cost of living and yes, its high but as mentioned, this is a luxury. I just don't really understand the outrage.
Well, without getting on my soapbox about access to Arts and Culture shouldn't be denied to people who are on minimum wage, the simple matter is they could make the same or more money with extra dates, and reducing the ticket costs.

Also CAPITALISM IS EVIL, obviously, but you don't strike me as someone who wants to eat the rich.

I'm on minimum wage, and I'm not complaining about ticket prices.

Well, without getting on my soapbox about access to Arts and Culture shouldn't be denied to people who are on minimum wage
No-ones denying anyone anything. The cheapest tickets are £60. This for one of the biggest pop acts the UK has ever produced. Seems more than reasonable to me.

Tbh, £200 to be in the VIP standing area next to the stage is pretty good considering what other acts charge for that.

Haven’t you just been on a cruise and are going to SOUTH AFRICA in the new year? ARE YOU SURE? :D
Yep, swear on Heathcliffs ashes. I say minimum wage, I think it's £10.42 an hour, I'm on £10.50. I'll show you my payslip if you don't believe me.

I just prioritise things I enjoy in life. I don't have kids, I don't drive, and I have a small mortgage because I bought my 2 bed flat when prices were ridiculously low.

Mandy and I took £2000 each from the company in April, but that's just a tiny amount of what we're owed from it. But I put it into my ISA and I save my money for holidays, concert, nights away etc.

This is all a bit steve_uk for me Rachey

I'm not sure how you do it all on your salary either, but I don't need to see proof.

Either way I'm confident that £100 concert tickets are beyond the reach of a hell of a lot of people on minimum wage.

This is all a bit steve_uk for me Rachey

I'm not sure how you do it all on your salary either, but I don't need to see proof.

Either way I'm confident that £100 concert tickets are beyond the reach of a hell of a lot of people on minimum wage.
I don't know what the Steve UK comment means...

this thread becoming an exposé of Rachey's tax receipts is a twist I did not see coming.

anyway, a hundred quid IS steep. I payed 111 quid for Taylor Swift standing tickets, yes it's a stadium but she's doing a 3+ hour show. this had better be a big production at these prices (not that I'm going).

this thread becoming an exposé of Rachey's tax receipts is a twist I did not see coming.

anyway, a hundred quid IS steep. I payed 111 quid for Taylor Swift standing tickets, yes it's a stadium but she's doing a 3+ hour show. this had better be a big production at these prices (not that I'm going).

In fairness, the recent rise in stadium gigs has done this.

Like most businesses, gigs will have a (likely consistent) profit margin they have to meet across the board to make it viable for all stakeholders. A lot of the costs are fixed, not matter what the venue, so a stadium holding 50000 people is not comparable to what a 17000 O2- sized venue can hold as it can generate a much higher turnover.

I repeat my earlier assertion about the comparison with Denmark on the recent Madonna tour, but also throw in that a few days later, in Stockholm, the gig was in a football stadium with a covered roof and it was less than £100 a standing ticket each.

I do feel the problem with this gig is that it's seated- I mean, a MASSIVE proportion of fans would want to stand at a Girls Aloud gig. I can't understand why they've made it seated, which means less people and higher pricing. £100 for general admission to anywhere on the floor would feel a lot better than £200 for a ticket basically halfway back.

I just hope the STOP FUCKING HATE isn't reading.

If they get wind of lesbians living it up going on cruises, South African holidays, Pink and Girls Aloud gigs on minimum wage, it won't end well.

I just hope the STOP FUCKING HATE isn't reading.

If they get wind of lesbians living it up going on cruises, South African holidays, Pink and Girls Aloud gigs on minimum wage, it won't end well.

To be fair, surely they know about Pink already. I mean, the sales of CROCS doubles in the weeks leading up to the gigs...

47 days of annual leave remaining? That's 10 weeks!
Yeah it's wrong. The accountant always forgets to put me down as annual leave when I'm off. I've had about 25 days so far this year.

Yeah it's wrong. The accountant always forgets to put me down as annual leave when I'm off. I've had about 25 days so far this year.

You OWN THE COMPANY. Why is your ANNUAL LEAVE even CALCULATED?

You OWN THE COMPANY. Why is your ANNUAL LEAVE even CALCULATED?
It's not, hence why I have that much holiday still showing. We have an accountant tho and I'm classed as a employee despite being an owner.

Hang on are you not pretending to be on minimum wage so you can take larger dividends at a lower tax rate?

Hang on are you not pretending to be on minimum wage so you can take larger dividends at a lower tax rate?
The best way to do it (I was told at least) is to pay yourself enough as an employee to meet your NI Contributions, and then the rest through dividends.

Not if she only took £2000 out of the company which was money she seemingly had already invested as she had explained...

No :D I genuinely am on minimum wage. I took £2000 this year from the company because Mandy and I are both owed a lot from what we put in. No dividends.

The best way to do it (I was told at least) is to pay yourself enough as an employee to meet your NI Contributions, and then the rest through dividends.
That's the eventual plan, but that won't be for several more years. We owe too much money at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom