Girls Aloud REUNION TOUR CONFIRMED + NO NEW MUSIC

I mean, please call me out if this is a wild reach but I'd imagine they can likely justify the price because there will be a lot of money going into the production etc. In addition, they're not actually an active band, but rather a legacy band who do not perform together or tour on a regular basis, meaning this tour is quite possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's being marketed as something "special" rather than something expected.

That being said I won't be getting a ticket :D but this is purely because I've moved on for the most part. It wouldn't interest me now, but I totally understand the appeal via nostalgia kick plus wanting to celebrate Sarah.

Well, without getting on my soapbox about access to Arts and Culture shouldn't be denied to people who are on minimum wage, the simple matter is they could make the same or more money with extra dates, and reducing the ticket costs.

Also CAPITALISM IS EVIL, obviously, but you don't strike me as someone who wants to eat the rich.
I came in to say this really, but someone said it better. VOTE GIRAFFE!

I do feel the problem with this gig is that it's seated- I mean, a MASSIVE proportion of fans would want to stand at a Girls Aloud gig. I can't understand why they've made it seated, which means less people and higher pricing. £100 for general admission to anywhere on the floor would feel a lot better than £200 for a ticket basically halfway back.

Yes I was standing for the TEN tour and the gigs ive been to since I always seem to prefer standing, finding a nice little spot, with some space, near the bar, and near an ISLAND that they come out to for a few NUMBERS if perfect :disco:

Sorry but have you all been to my island and NOT visited me? @Suedehead , @COB ?

If I go back to the Needles at some point I'll get a sand filled dog for cob.

Hmm, general sale is on this morning. Standing tickets are £100 which are the cheapest here (and where we want to be too to be honest) but whilst I don’t mind paying this the people I’d be going with are casual fans at most so are balking a little at this price, which I understand, so we are currently in a hesitation phase.

Hmm, general sale is on this morning. Standing tickets are £100 which are the cheapest here (and where we want to be too to be honest) but whilst I don’t mind paying this the people I’d be going with are casual fans at most so are balking a little at this price, which I understand, so we are currently in a hesitation phase.
Ours were £90. Got them this morning for Belfast. Woop.

All they have left in Cardiff are singles in the balcony at £198 each.

I really enjoyed this interview. They're very candid and I love that they talked about Off the Record. I would pay good money for a commentary track of them watching those shows. It would be hilarious.

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/originals/girls-aloud-tour-interview/

Am I about to tell Girls Aloud my least favourite single?​

Cheryl: It’s important!

It’ll have to be ‘See the Day’.​

Nadine: That’s not a single. I don’t know what happened there.

Kimberley: We don’t claim it.

Nadine: That was an accident.

Cheryl: That was a blip. Everyone’s allowed a blip!

Kimberley: You can’t have everything, c’mon.

I'm glad they hate it as much as everyone else and are not afraid to say so :rofl:

Am I about to tell Girls Aloud my least favourite single?

That was very much a single, Nadine. If it had been a Christmas #1, you would have praised it. :eyes:

I believe it's well established that Nadine also hates 'Beautiful Cause You Love Me'.

I bet the others LOVE IT though.

The thing that annoys me the most about See The Day is how obviously crowbarred-in it sounds on Chemistry. I always just skip it, it totally ruins the otherwise near-perfect flow of the album.

I really enjoyed this interview. They're very candid and I love that they talked about Off the Record. I would pay good money for a commentary track of them watching those shows. It would be hilarious.

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/originals/girls-aloud-tour-interview/

Am I about to tell Girls Aloud my least favourite single?​

Kimberley: We don’t claim it.

Nadine: That was an accident.

Cheryl: That was a blip. Everyone’s allowed a blip!

Kimberley: You can’t have everything, c’mon.

I'm glad they hate it as much as everyone else and are not afraid to say so :rofl:

That interview is indeed amazing. Nadine is completely hilarious (Jesse Metcalfe OBSESSED).

Also they were obviously completely right about The Promise as lead single but Cheryl's "You tell us. Would you have wanted that or The Pet Shop Boys?" comes off a bit rude.

Nadine is completely hilarious (Jesse Metcalfe OBSESSED).
For anyone who doesnt know, Jesse Metcalfe (an actor who was on Desperate Housewives) has a Tattoo of a naked Nadine on his arm.

What a creep o_O O_o o.O O.o

1_LACOSTE-Hosts-Pool-Party-At-The-2010-Coachella-Music-Festival-Day-1.jpg

Sorry for my memory, but Nadine, why did Jesse Metcalfe call you? I’m confused.​

Nadine: We were together three years!

I seem to have completely blanked this crucial detail in your history, Nadine.​

Nadine: He was obsessed with me. Completely obsessed. He’s got a tattoo of me on his arm. The obsession continues…

Cheryl: Has he? Never.

Kimberley: Now you said it, I remember.

Nadine: And he had it done on a TV show, one of these tattoo shows. He took a picture and I was like, ‘This is really creepy’ because I was like, ‘Do you realise that I was 17 in that picture you had tattooed?’

Kimberley: Jesus.

Cheryl: Have you got a picture of it? We need to have a look at it.

Nadine: It’s on the internet. And I’m naked in it! I was like, ‘Wow, that’s how you see me? Great!’

I like that interview, “IT SOUNDED FRENCH TO ME!”, but it goes on about them being so camp but at the time were they really? In hindsight and with hun culture I would agree (like most things from that era) but I never thought they were really camp then.

I like that interview, “IT SOUNDED FRENCH TO ME!”, but it goes on about them being so camp but at the time were they really? In hindsight and with hun culture I would agree (like most things from that era) but I never thought they were really camp then.

There's definitely a degree of them feeling campier in hindsight. The fake-tanned, jeans and a nice top aspects of their public image look really camp now, but that was just fashion at the time - if heightened because they were popstars.

And then there's moments of deliberate camp - the videos for 'The Show' and 'Wake Me Up' for example. 'Love Machine' is the definition of camp nonsense (:disco:). But then they famously weren't happy about that being a single, and I think that reflects the fact that a lot of their campier moments were more driven by the machinery behind the band than the girls themselves. Certainly, as they got more established and had a little more control over their output, you see less of that sensibility, which is understandable because they wanted to be taken seriously and were making music at a time when the industry was quite po-faced.

So while they certainly had their moments, actively embracing the campery of it all feels like a new thing for them.

There's definitely a degree of them feeling campier in hindsight. The fake-tanned, jeans and a nice top aspects of their public image look really camp now
Do they? I wouldnt consider that look remotely camp. It's what most girl bands were doing at the time. The Sugababes, Atomic Kitten etc all wore jeans and tops.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I never considered Girls Aloud camp, at all. Some camp moments sure but no more or less than any other pop group. It would never have been, or would be, a word I would use to describe them.

they were occasionally camp (The Show as pointed out, some of the earlier singles) but not all that often later. Can't Speak French + video had a bit of that too though. and obviously things like the entire of GA Off the Record and moments like Sarah's bum note are pretty camp too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom