Janet - Discipline

We gon' SHAKE SOME THANG... and we gon' BREAK SOME THANG!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 5 29.4%

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Jark

User
Janet+Jackson%27s+new+cover.jpg

Two years on then I wonder what Moopy thinks of Janft's most recent opus? Or if anybody even still plays it?

00 Feedback
00 Luv
00 Rollercoaster
00 Rock With U
00 2Nite
00 Can't B Good
00 Never Letchu Go
00 Greatest X
00 So Much Betta
00 The 1
00 What's Ur Name
00 Discipline
00 Curtains
00 Let Me Know

08 Feedback
06 Luv
04 Rollercoaster
10 Rock With U
09 2Nite
00 Can't B Good
00 Never Letchu Go
00 Greatest X
01 So Much Betta
?? The 1 (don't remember this)
03 What's Ur Name
00 Discipline
00 Curtains
?? Let Me Know ( don't remember this)

Starts off good, but I don't have anytime for the rest which is just trash to the max

Feedback came on shuffle for me the other day so I played the album again and it's surprisingly solid I find, two or three real duds aside. And of course THOSE hilarious/eye-stabbingly awful interludes. Bathroom Break is definitely my favourite. THIS BATHROOM IS TOO FUNKY FOR ME *mass giggling*

10 Feedback
09 Luv
08 Rollercoaster
10 Rock With U
08 2Nite
05 Can't B Good
06 Never Letchu Go
08 Greatest X
08 So Much Betta
07 The 1
05 What's Ur Name
09 Discipline
07 Curtains
08 Let Me Know

I think it's such a shame Feedback wasn't pushed hard globally. I know the video sucks (coco pops sequence aside) and Janet isn't cool anymore but if ever a song was going to sell itself...

And I think Luv could've been equally as 'big' as Feedback in America if they'd pushed it properly. I think I read that Janet wanted Luv releasing and LA Reid wanted Rock With U (or vice versa?) hence why promotion stopped so soon.

I hope not everybody is going to piss on it as it's really quite a likeable album mostly :(

And I think Luv could've been equally as 'big' as Feedback in America if they'd pushed it properly. I think I read that Janet wanted Luv releasing and LA Reid wanted Rock With U (or vice versa?) hence why promotion stopped so soon.
The promotion of the album stopped so soon because it was a big old FAT FLOP

I can't think of many others albums which are ABANDONED after first week sales of 180k. The promo stopped because of the second single debacle.

Promo stopped after the first single (virtually because she managed to film a second video) but physical releases were cancelled, songs were added for radio but they wouldn't play it (lack of PAYOLA) she stopped appearing in shows to promote and IRC she didn't even fly oversea to promote right? It's a good thing she tried to push the album with the tour but the reviews were terrbiel and she didn't even release it on DVD, bitch

10 Feedback
08 Luv
08 Rollercoaster
11 Rock With U
10 2Nite
08 Can't B Good
04 Never Letchu Go
04 Greatest X
07 So Much Betta
07 The 1
00 What's Ur Name
00 Discipline
00 Curtains
00 Let Me Know

'Never Letchu Go' is the ONLY track I regularly listen to. It's soft MOR rock-R&B goodness.

Feedback, Rock With U, 2Nite and Luv are the only tracks I would rate higher than 7/10. It really does descened into UNLISTENABLE SHITE after that.

Feedback though IS marvellous, because/despite the retarded lyrics/pronunciation.

I can't think of many others albums which are ABANDONED after first week sales of 180k. The promo stopped because of the second single debacle.

Sure but didn't the Damita Jo (which got off to a start of over 380k!), 20 Y.O. campaigns also only last something like 3 months max as well?

Seems more of mutual loss of interest between the various labels, Janet herself and the public, primarily the latter.

Last edited:
I haven't listened to it in forever and I deleted my CD rip a few months ago because I had not touched it in a while.
I recall loving Rollercoaster, Luv, Rock Wit U, 2Nite and Can't Be Good. So basically the whole A-side.

Last edited:
I RATHER LIKE quite a lot of this - certainly her most palatable overall effort since The Velvet Rope. Feedback is absolutely blinding, Rock With U and 2Nite are top notch and Luv, Rollercoaster, Greatest X and the title track all get regular spins. I've manged to tune out the lyrics somehow...

I'm having something of a Janet morning today, though I've most drifted back to the 80s/90s slowies on the whole.

LOL

21bjj3q.jpg

:D

In other news, she has announced some of her European dates. I will 100% not be trying for tickets now as she is playing the ROYAL ALBERT HALL :manson: :manson: :manson:

Is she playing tiny venues or something? The stage looks so small!

Well it's supposed to be more "intimate" she said

It seems she's generally playing in theaters and venues with lower capacities

BUZZ TOUR

SOLD OUT WORLD TOUR (maximum capacity 45 per night).

Setlist
Opening Medley
Pleasure Principle
Control
What Have You Done For Me Lately
Feedback

Medley
You Want This
Alright
Miss You Much
Nasty

Ballad Medley
Nothing
Come Back To Me
Let's Wait Awhile
Again

Interlude
Days Go By

Medley
Doesn't Really Matter
Escapade
Love Will Never Do (Without You)
When I Think Of You
All For You

That's The Way Love Goes

Interlude
What About
Black Cat

Medley
If
Scream
Rhythm Nation

Interlude
In Complete Darkness

Final Medley
Make Me
Together Again

I dunno, she could've done with maybe throwing in a medley to mix it up a bit.

Is that for real? I thought that was a piss-take setlist.

Ellie... I know the RAH is shit for vocals but surely that's the last thing we need to worry about for a Janet concert.

Last edited:
Surely this subforum should be RENAMED because this shit is literally an ANTI-CLASSIC :grr:

Last edited:
against my better judgement i will try for tickets to this, but that setlist is a JOKE :D

The album was also only meant to include number one singles so she often flounts Trade Description laws.

She could always perform her version of John Cage's '4.33' and call it UK Number Ones.

Last edited:
No Escapade? Silly WOMAN.

And nothing from 20 Y.O. :disco: that was definitely her Glitter (as in being disowned from now on)

if 20Y.O had been what she promised during the months of promo leading up to it (i.e. a tight little dance album harking back to the days of control) then it wouldn't have been so maligned.

not to mention the lead single was PISS POOR

Last edited:
"Call on Me" it was

It really is the epitome of everything that was wrong with her in the 2000s

Last edited:
if 20Y.O had been what she promised during the months of promo leading up to it (i.e. a tight little dance album harking back to the days of control) then it wouldn't have been so maligned.

not to mention the lead single was PISS POOR
So you're basically saying if 20 YO was GOOD it wouldn't have been SHIT? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom