Jesy Nelson's solo career - BOYZ ft. Nicki Minaj out now + not very good + problematic + unimpressed label + DROPPED + Bad Thing + now white

I think this whole thing will

• Total voters
Anyway I'm fully expecting this to follow the Mel B trajectory of initial buzz due to the rapper collab and the fact she's a bit of a PERSONALITÉ, but it'll fall off quickly and everything afterwards will be a damp squib

(I'll apologise on screen later for fans of "Word Up" and "Tell Me")
Mel G - Word Up! is the GREATEST SONG OF ALL TIME :evil:

Anyway I'm fully expecting this to follow the Mel B trajectory of initial buzz due to the rapper collab and the fact she's a bit of a PERSONALITÉ, but it'll fall off quickly and everything afterwards will be a damp squib

(I'll apologise on screen later for fans of "Word Up" and "Tell Me")
Pffft Jesy can only wish she was as interesting and successful as queen BEH!

(and as black :eyes: )

I'm ready for this to bomb. I haven't seen a good online reaction to it yet!

A few more press articles from Jesy slating Little Mix should finish it off :disco:

I am ready to hear this, and im fond of her but come on, who does she think she is? Deffo not Geru look at me era

Geru wet her pants age 37 expose

I am hoping for Jesys' sake that this is at least 75% Cherly Fight for YA LUV potential

Last edited:
I don't have anything against Jesy but why would anyone want a) anything to do with Nicki Minaj right now and b) anything she's featured on to do well after the Vaxx bullshit and the stunts surrounding her partner's domestic abuse case.

Record label should have pulled the feature but I guess they didn't have big enough balls to do it :eyes:

Well, it’s out.

It’s not a bad use of the sample, Nicki adds nothing, Jesy sounds quite different. End of review.

One of the bad boyz iz fit, that's all I can offer as praize.

Okay the video is cringe, I know it’s basically the original Bad Boys video but no

Utterly pointless. The sample does all the heavy lifting. The video is creatively barren; just another version of the Diddy clip. The aesthetic is trash.

yeah this is redundant. I'm loathe to say it but Nicki EATS her verse... everything else though is trash. what are they thinking? :D

That is absolutely fucking awful :D

I was prepared for her to ace it because I can be like that sometimes, bigging up the underdog and all that but good grief that is absolute shite.

Talk about tone deaf as well - and I don't just mean her screeching in the first verse. "Oooh, I like a bad boy" - now? How bad do you like 'em Jesy? Pretend to arrest you, rape you and burn your body bad?

Put a fork in her, she's DONE.

Talk about bringing nothing new to the table. I can see why she disliked Little Mix’s music so much now. Will it be a hit? I’m going to go with no bar an initial decent peak.

Is she more aiming at an American market with this? Just with the Minaj feature, and the Diddy sample along with his guest appearance in the video.

I think moopy has decided which side of the fence it sits on…….

B1D20FDB-DAB3-4068-A312-936716334B22.jpeg

Interested to see how it does. Little Mix fans seem very motivated and I think they’ve by and large stuck with her. I can’t see it having a long chart life though.

Maybe a highly old-school low top ten and a rapid drop?

Or maybe we’re just old and it’ll be in the charts for a year.

The video made me feel actively uncomfortable...it's so clearly and obviously blackfishing I can't quite believe it's been approved for release, never mind being released in 2021. I can only see time being VERY unkind to it.

How angry I would be if I were a black British female soloist, and seeing this getting so much budget and attention...I'm assuming Twitter is going to have a field day if it hasn't already....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom