Melodifestivalen 2023: Deltävling One - Gothenburg

Also Jon-Henrik Fjällgren FOREVER a different proposition in my eyes now I know he's basically 5'2 rather than 5'11.

(OBVIOUSLY STILL WOULD but just a DIFFERENT PROPOSITION IS ALL)

Aftonbladet headlines: The looser's disappointment

hair.png

How are you feeling?
Of course it's a bit depressing but if I wasn't eliminated someone else had to so it feels.... I mean it'a a fair competition. I mean it's not like Oh my good! I'm gonna lie down and die! I'm gonna continue to release music.

What will you do now?
I will try to remove my hair and then I'm gonna drink a lot of cocktails at the bar.

sad-2.png

How are you feeling?
It's rough I wanted to qualify for the semi final but my song is released now.

What do you think viewers was missing in you?
I don't know, I gave it my all and I couldn't do anything better so if I lack something I guess I'm not the artists for them.

I have to ask, are you going back to school om Monday?
Yes, I have school on Monday of course.

How does that feel?
It's rough of course, I wish I could continue with this for the rest of my life but nothing lasts forever so back to the normal routine. But I look forward to hear what everyone has said.

Winners
Skarmavbild-2023-02-05-kl.-00.15.23-1024x699.jpg

Skarmavbild-2023-02-05-kl.-00.09.58-1024x696.jpg

Last edited:
What a SCHLAGERFIASKOT :D

When Shirley Clamp delivers the best vocal of the night, you know something is amiss.

And I have to lay down the caveat that I don’t listen to any of the songs before the show.
I was just joking, but I think it’s bold to be so absolute when you haven’t heard anything :D it was a top 4 song to my ears

I didn’t watch this live, and despite decent production and presenters this was a pile of shite. The songs are not cutting the mustard so far.
What the fuck was that Ewa and Eva song? Even they looked like they hated it. Rejhan was laughably useless. LouLou was nice but vocally all over the place.

As for the qualifiers - Elov and Benny was just Det Vet Du all over again but worse. Victor was the most generic song I have ever heard and he gave a half assed performance.

I am really glad for Tone and I like it but it’s no One Touch. But then what is?

Wee Jon Henrik was almost a supporting character to that song. I think it won by default but that is not even a MF winning song never mind the absurd claim that it’s a Eurovision winning song.

Let’s hope the quality picks up for the second heat because if even I am moaning about the quality of MF songs then it is bad.

Anyway, I thought this was a great heat with not a duff song. The twinky ballad was my least favourite pre-show but I think he did a good job and deserved his position. Eva and Ewa got a really great reaction where I watched it, but perhaps it was TOO POLISHED to tip over into ‘omg must vote for this’

I’m delighted for Tone - I think Rhythm of My Show would make a great Eurovision entry for most other countries. I don’t think ‘Where You Are’ is quite there for me performance-wise, the dad dancing made me a bit :shy:

I enjoyed the friendship dynamic of the LADS, as it was clear that one of them really wanted to be there, it was all his idea, and he was living his best life:
747E0DE9-1AAC-455E-BA13-43B34B78654B.jpeg

and the other had sort of been forced into it:
7604F259-287D-43C0-950B-8171E9C36037.jpeg

Victor Crone seemed to be doing the bare minimum, but that song is a real earworm.

Reactions: Hak
I didn’t watch this live, and despite decent production and presenters this was a pile of shite. The songs are not cutting the mustard so far.
What the fuck was that Ewa and Eva song? Even they looked like they hated it. Rejhan was laughably useless. LouLou was nice but vocally all over the place.

As for the qualifiers - Elov and Benny was just Det Vet Du all over again but worse. Victor was the most generic song I have ever heard and he gave a half assed performance.

I am really glad for Tone and I like it but it’s no One Touch. But then what is?

Wee Jon Henrik was almost a supporting character to that song. I think it won by default but that is not even a MF winning song never mind the absurd claim that it’s a Eurovision winning song.

Let’s hope the quality picks up for the second heat because if even I am moaning about the quality of MF songs then it is bad.
lol at the contrast between our two posts :D

I do think it's the weakest heat in a good while, sadly. Everything felt really uninspired and rehashed.

Tone - I'm happy for her, but she clearly only got through on goodwill/because everything else was even worse.
LouLou - Best song of the night by far, but I can't pretend it was an unfair result because she really dropped the ball vocally. A huge shame.
Rejhan - Not for me, but it stood out by virtue of professionalism and I was actually surprised it didn't go anywhere.
Elov & Benny - Just proof that being internet-famous doesn't necessarily equip you to be a performer. The taller one was absolutely bricking it, and everything about the performance felt lazy and unimaginative. I'd have put LouLou into their AC spot.
Eva & Ewa - I mean they at least seemed comfortable onstage, but the song was just abysmal and a complete waste of a slot. You cannot tell me that Jessica Andersson wouldn't have elevated this heat by at least 20% if she'd been here instead.
Jon Henrik - It was... fine? Quite underwhelming and never a Eurovision winner.

They really need to ditch this results format too. JHF's announcement just felt like a rushed foregone conclusion and ultimately Tone felt more like the winner of the night because she got so much more time to bask in being popular, despite coming second. It's just bizarre.

JHF's announcement just felt like a rushed foregone conclusion and ultimately Tone felt more like the winner of the night because she got so much more time to bask in being popular, despite coming second. It's just bizarre.
But with the previous results style, you would still get Jon Henrik going through first, and then just a quicker announcement of Tone getting through. These results meant that there was excitement seeing whether Victor would catch Tone (which I thought would happen), who got over the AC line, and who ended up last :disco:

Reactions: dUb
Well that was dreadful. Everything just seemed HALF ARSED and I didn’t feel like anyone was really BOTHERED tbh. At least the best two went through.

I haven’t read the thread yet but wish to declare that Haunted was my favourite song of the week 🥴

Everything felt really uninspired and rehashed.

They really need to ditch this results format too. JHF's announcement just felt like a rushed foregone conclusion and ultimately Tone felt more like the winner of the night because she got so much more time to bask in being popular, despite coming second. It's just bizarre.

This is how I felt last year. The emergence of Cornelia glossed over the fact that majority of the songs, and the show itself were limp. They're tinkering with the voting format to make it more exciting, but that only works if you have decent songs which are competitive.

They seem to have lost their way the last couple of years, selecting groups of songs that are designed to be inoffensive enough to appeal to all age-groups rather than choosing a mix that is modern or genuinely interesting.

This is how I felt last year. The emergence of Cornelia glossed over the fact that majority of the songs, and the show itself were limp. They're tinkering with the voting format to make it more exciting, but that only works if you have decent songs which are competitive.

They seem to have lost their way the last couple of years, selecting groups of songs that are designed to be inoffensive enough to appeal to all age-groups rather than choosing a mix that is modern or genuinely interesting.

Well, no, because the final last year was the best since about 2014. Cornelia, Klara, Cazzi, Tone, Anna, Theoz and Medina were all fabulous.

You just don't like Swedish pop, which is a different thing.

Well, no, because the final last year was the best since about 2014. Cornelia, Klara, Cazzi, Tone, Anna, Theoz and Medina were all fabulous.

You just don't like Swedish pop, which is a different thing.

I do like Swedish pop so no it's not a different thing. :manson:

Look at the majority of songs didn't make the final - there's very little that anyone would cry a huge loss over. I doubt the likes of SAMIRA MANNERS and TRIBE COLLECTION were among the best of 2500 songs they had. Most weeks the results were fairly predictable, as if SVT already have an idea of likely finalists and the rest of the competition is made up of filler.

This heat was so average. Everything felt very beige. Nothing was distinctly bad either... just... OK.

Also... Cornelia performing that extended version of her absolute clear winner from last year, highlighted the mediocrity of everything else in this heat. That was unhelpful!

HOW is Crystal Ball getting all these leaks? SVT for one are really strict about anything getting out. Aside from the songs selected by the jury, there’s all the invited artists which only a select few get to hear.

In defence of last night, LouLou's song is fantastic in studio form and Jon Henrik is very much fun4butters so I love it. Eva & Ewa were entertaining, even if the song had no chance, and I won't pretend I dislike Victor's one.

The rest were shite, and Tone's domination in the results was... confusing.

Tone didn’t dominate though - it’s just the bizarre way the results are structured that made her coming second feel like a coronation and JHF’s victory feel like a complete afterthought…

Tone clearly the nation’s sweetheart at this point because that song, despite being marketed directly to the likes of me, is quite average when it comes down to it.

My fear of her winning Melfest based on goodwill in a mediocre year and then NQing is palpable. Very Tranna Bergendahl. (THANKS FOR THAT ONE @Penelope)

Penny did also point that she did not, of course, win. So probably less of a genuine risk than I imagine.

The absolute nonsense that all of you won’t be dancing around to Rhythm of My Show circa April/May declaring it the greatest song all time TM. Every single year it’s the same narrative on twitter and Moopy. SAD!

Ok I am caught up. Interestingly the TEKNISKA PROBLEM have been retained in the catch up video.

Very poor heat. Correct qualifiers but both of them need to work on their stage presence before the final. Tone especially would be AMAZING if she just gave it more welly. And Jon needs to be turned up in the mix, he sounded like he was singing his part in a different room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom