Mighty Hoopla 2022

My head is wrecked over this. Meant to be flying tomorrow and coming back on Sunday, then have a friend arriving from Canada on Monday who’s staying with me. All of a sudden I’m terrified of getting covid at MH and giving it to him as soon as he steps off the plane and ruining his trip so I’m heavily leaning towards not going at all but I can’t make a decision

Can someone tell me what to do
If the festival is all outdoors the risk should be pretty low, I think?

My head is wrecked over this. Meant to be flying tomorrow and coming back on Sunday, then have a friend arriving from Canada on Monday who’s staying with me. All of a sudden I’m terrified of getting covid at MH and giving it to him as soon as he steps off the plane and ruining his trip so I’m heavily leaning towards not going at all but I can’t make a decision

Can someone tell me what to do
Well you're boosted (I assume!) so you've done what you can. If you do get it, it's unfortunate, but it's not your fault. People *will* get it at MH so it's a risk, but if your friend isn't particularly vulnerable it's just one of those things that might happen.

The change of emojis between the two posts :basil:

Screenshot_20220601-222633_Chrome.jpg

WELL I had got myself into a bit of a tizzy but there have been some very good points made here, so thank you

I am now positively inclined to attend and look forward to giving you all a nice wave x

What's everyone's plans then? I know a few people going but I'm not tied to any specific person/group so my main plan is to wander around and hope for the best.

The first act I am definitely intending to head for is golden-voiced icon SMAMFA FOX on the House of Love stage at 4pm. I'll probably stick around that stage for Booty Luv before moving to the vicinity of the main stage for Natalie Imbruglia/Anastacia/Steps.

Do we need to be in the venue BY a certain time? There's really not much happening until about 3 or 4.

Do we need to be in the venue BY a certain time? There's really not much happening until about 3 or 4.
Practically, only if you have the 2pm tickets - and even then if you're not in the queue by then, you just have to pay a £15 surcharge to make up the difference. Otherwise it looks like last entry is 9pm.

I’m getting in early just because but yeah, Sam is the first thing I’m interested in.

SAM FOX MOOPY SLUT MEETUP NOW

Reactions: VoR
The first place you guarantee to see me on Saturday is the back of 2 Unlimited, waving and raving with a stick. Although I'll probably dabble with Macy and Kate Nash.

Last edited:
Possible HOT COLLAB forthcoming (assuming Claire "accidentally" gets locked in a portaloo).

“I contacted Ian [‘H’ Watkins, Steps singer] on Instagram and he said, ‘Yes, we’d love to do a duet!’,” she shares. “So, we’ve gotten in contact on WhatsApp and my agent is talking to their agent.

“Hopefully [Mighty Hoopla] will be the day that we duet together!”

• Love
Reactions: COB
Sam Fox was absolutely appalling. She sounded hoarse, no one asked for a cover of Sex on Fire and she didn’t do Naughty Girls or I Surrender. I was fuming.

I did get to meet the lovely @Tisch and @Iguana and lovely little catch ups with @VoR and @Devil but on the whole, apart from Steps who were great, I really thought the whole day was kinda flat…
That’s a shame - seems like Steps (ever the professionals) carried the day. Are you going tomorrow?

That’s a shame - seems like Steps (ever the professionals) carried the day. Are you going tomorrow?
Yeah. And the line up is much more me tomorrow. Albeit I’m going to leave before the Sugababes just to have a chance at the last train home.

Gutted I couldn't go - how was NAT and Anastacia?! I don't have to ask about Steps im sure amazing and profesh :disco:

I had a great time, although I do agree the music was somewhat incidental to that in places! :D

Smamfa Fox was ABYSMAL, but I expected nothing less :D Highlights included her running around the stage swearing at the DJ every time he lined up the wrong backing track, which seemed to happen more than once, the audible GROAN when she announced her next song would be Sex on Fire and her announcing that she would be singing the first verse of Touch Me 'acapella' only to do absolutely no such thing. :D

Natalie Imbruglia was great despite some mic problems, although playing Torn 4th in a six song set was a CHOICE, and there was sadly a rather predictable exodus while she wrapped up with Big Mistake and Build It Better.

Anastacia was a hoot. It took a while for her to warm up the audience, but Sick and Tired was a surprise crowd pleaser. I didn't think it was terribly well remembered. She made the very odd choice to go offstage for a solid couple of minutes after Left Outside Alone, which made everyone assume she'd finished her set, despite the fact that she hadn't yet done I'm Outta Love. She did come back and it obviously went off, but again, quite a lot of people had already started making beer/toilet runs by that point. :D

Steps were fab, as always. It was pretty much a Greatest Hits set, no new single and if poor Denise from Five Star did put in a request to join them for The Slightest Touch it was clearly DENIED. We did get video Michelle Visage for Heartbreak In This City though.

Back today, and I'm wondering if perhaps they shouldn't have switched Steps and Sugababes around? I can't see the Babes going off to quite the extent Steps did, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised...

Last edited:
As I said elsewhere, I feel SOOOO SHIT today. We've just been to the park to have a look. I reckon unless we get really bored of resting/ each other we'll be down at 3.30. If you see me SAY HI, but don't expect a witty or insightful conversation.

Lovely to meet you yesterday @Sheena! We'd have hung around longer if my queen Natalie Imbruglia wasn't about to alienate the crowd with her new music :disco:

The day reminded me of a low-key Brighton Pride overall, and Steps were a big highlight. Also I got touched up and told I was cute so 🤷

Lovely to meet you yesterday @Sheena! We'd have hung around longer if my queen Natalie Imbruglia wasn't about to alienate the crowd with her new music :disco:

The day reminded me of a low-key Brighton Pride overall, and Steps were a big highlight. Also I got touched up and told I was cute so 🤷

Who DOESN’T like to be nonced up once in a while?

Steps were such a big highlight it was unreal. The chasm of difference between them and, well, Haddaway and Sam Fox. :D

And yes, an absolute pleasure too. We didn’t even get to Natalie. Queuing for chips took precedence apparently :( :D

I also loved that Steps basically dispensed with any ballads. Not sure if that’s going to be the same for the entire tour but it was definitely a plus for a festival crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom