Mighty Hoopla 2022

Demographic wise there obviously were a lot of twinks and muscle queens, but I did see plenty of bears too. It was a Steps headliner after all

But all the TITS AND MESH on display.

SO MUCH MESH

• Care
Reactions: VoR
Demographic wise there obviously were a lot of twinks and muscle queens, but I did see plenty of bears too. It was a Steps headliner after all :basil:
Are you expecting a more refined demographic for the Sugababes?

After going through friends videos it turns out Steps did more than I remember. I was hammered by the end :D

I’m not at Mighty Hoopla but I had some mesh tops back in the 90s, maybe I should dig them out again.

Are you expecting a more refined demographic for the Sugababes?

I was referring to queen Faye recently reading us all to filth by observing in an interview that the fans at their gigs ‘were twinks in the 90s and now they’re all bears’. :D

I was referring to queen Faye recently reading us all to filth by observing in an interview that the fans at their gigs ‘were twinks in the 90s and now they’re all bears’. :D
Oh yes I saw that.

Gays at festivals are such a disaster.

Also, that level of gym addicted homosexuals wandering around in mesh tops does fuck all for anyone’s self esteem…
Ugh gay Twitter is full of it. There really is NOTHING WORSE.

Was LOUISE yesterday or today? :disco:

Had serious FOMO yesterday with that line up

Last time it was all Aztec co-ords. I guess this is the year of the mesh.

Well I fucking loved that. I saw Kate Nash (nope), Macy Gray (brilliant, what a woman!), 2 Unlimited (YAY, so much fun), Little Boots and Tia Kofi (Little and Large), The Vivienne (Brilliant, but too many costume changes), Kim Wilde (sensational!) and Sugababes (what a moment I didn't know I needed!). Also saw bits of Katy B (who looked amazing).

Also got myself up on the viewing platform, due to my injury. Honestly would recommend, (although disabled festival politics were quite a thing). Tia Kofi came and sat up with the cripples for Sugababes, which was quite thrilling.

Last edited:
Last time it was all Aztec co-ords. I guess this is the year of the mesh.
Oh there was plenty of that.

I managed to get away with my shit shirt. I became quite desensitised to all the flesh and absurd outfits after a couple of hours.

Also bumped into @Tetris-Rock and either @Iguana or @Tisch who seemed lovely, although the meetings were super brief!

DIED at how resentful the brief snatch of a runout for About You Now was!

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Also loved Jimbo serving the PLATONIC IDEAL of a Jimbo set - one single go-out of Kim Petras - Coconuts in a pair of Lolo Ferrari-sized falsies and DONE

• Care
Reactions: COB
Also loved Jimbo serving the PLATONIC IDEAL of a Jimbo set - one single go-out of Kim Petras - Coconuts in a pair of Lolo Ferrari-sized falsies and DONE
I turned up as Jimbo was coming off stage. I was gutted.

I still cannot get over how good Kim Wilde was. I would absolutely go and see her on tour.

Kim and Steps the weekend highlights for me, but to be honest, Cleopatra came close. They were weirdly brilliant! The hi-nrg cover of Ain’t Nothin’ Goin’ On But The Rent was amazing!

She and Cascada (!) we’re the busiest that tent was all weekend. Was really nice to see.

Self Esteem was the absolute highlight of the whole weekend, she really delivered and even made me cry at one point.

Steps and Sugas were amazing headliners but agree with whoever said they should’ve been swapped around.

Also brilliant to meet @dUb and @monsta the huns

Good to read that everyone enjoyed the festivities.

She and Cascada (!) we’re the busiest that tent was all weekend. Was really nice to see.

Oh that's lovely. I did wonder how she would do opposite Jessie. The year I went the tent was rammed earlier for Vengaboys and B*Witched, but Belinda had Lily Allen on at the same time and, while there was still a good crowd, it was noticeably much roomier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom