S14 E12: Moulin Ru!

Sheena

ROMANCE
Oh GOD the over production of this damned series is beginning to grate. OF COURSE the gold bar ended up there.

Bosco was insufferable this episode. I really wanted the bitch to go home to be honest.

Bosco was giving me more Olive Oyl than Satine, but I feel like they could’ve easily said she was phenomenal and given her the win. I find it hard to tell who did well and who didn’t in this challenges.

Considering how big and central the role that Camden got was, I’m wondering why no one wanted it?

You’d think it’s impossible but Deja managed to come out in an even more hideous outfit again.

Appalling. But she was definitely better in the Rusical than the bottom two, so I can accept the judging.

To be honest, I thought everyone was good, but I was surprised Willow got such great critiques. I thought she was close to the bottom two...

Yes, everyone was good, but I thought Georgeous missed a few words and Bosco doesn't really sell things in her face so the bottom two was justified. I get that Bosco is perceived as a front runner, and she was very funny in the drag con episode, but most of the time I feel like there's something missing and she could push it further. Her burlesque in the first episode showed that she just doesn't really have the charisma of someone like Roxxxy or Ben Dela Creme and I think it would be weird crowning her when neither of them could win.

Camden was the clear winner. Angeria has faded a little recently but I'm hoping she pulls ahead again soon. I still think Willow will win.

Deja, Daya and even Georgeous still being here is somewhat justified but would have seemed impossible towards the beginning of the competition. It feels like when Sister Sister and Ellie Diamond inexplicably snuck through every week on UK2 without anyone noticing.

Appalling. But she was definitely better in the Rusical than the bottom two, so I can accept the judging.

I’m actually enjoying her now. Don’t know why she didn’t go for that brothel mama role, it might have landed her a win (but yeah the runway… :zombie: )

I’m actually enjoying her now. Don’t know why she didn’t go for that brothel mama role, it might have landed her a win (but yeah the runway… :zombie: )

Guessing the Brothel Mama was a bit too “safe” for her?

Anyway, let’s face it, it’s all decided beforehand anyway. No way she was squeezing into that pre prepared outfit!

I'm just glad that fucking chocolate is out of play and we (presumably) don't have to sit through any more non-elimination episodes.

Please send Jorgeous home next week though. Clearly going to bomb the roast. (although that Bosco read WAS pretty funny)

Like Bob suggested on his recap show; imagine if the golden chocolate was really handed out randomely and didn’t turn up until the last lip syncs in the finale.

Well, that was a decent episode - one of the best Rusicals for a while anyway, although the inclusion of Leland and Leslie in the action was really jarring. I'm glad Bosco is still there, even though she's gone off the boil quite a lot over the last 3 episodes, and that cunty role assignment spat was not a good look. Saltine really didn't do it for me, she's always got this sort of fierce stare, it's not really fun. Same as Anjie's vacant glare last week. And the gold bar thing really felt like quite a joyous moment, even though I am glad it's finally out of the way so I don't have to worry about them saving Deja or Daya with it.

1) Camden - I did feel for her this week, and in some ways her drag schtick doesn't do a LOT for me, but she is very sweet and doing very well on the runways and challenges. That Disco Pikmin look this week was great.

2) Willow - Still very likeable, and doing solid work. She was expressing some frustration and being in the top but not getting the win, which is understandable but also I agree with the judgements in that regard. This week's runway looked weirdly DIY.

3) Jorgeous - She is sort of coasting a bit, she seems to have a lot of weeks where she says something like "X isn't my strong point", but by now that seems to encompass acting and comedy, which is a substantial drawback. I guess she will probably go next week, but I'm still enjoying her a lot.

4) Bosco - BOSCO! Took a bit of a hit over the last few weeks, and I am getting bored of the bra and panties looks (especially this week which looked mostly good but the transparent bra straps and so many fingerprints distracted me). I don't think she had enough tricks up her sleeves to take it all the way, but still good value. Just stop being such a cunt

5) Anjeria - The whole top 5 is likeable really, and Anjie can still pull out some great runways (this week included, although that was more holographic than mirror), but also there's a weird vacancy sometimes, especially last week's lip syncs. It's weird that her, Jorgeous and Bosco have been struggling to paper over their weaknesses, considering they've already done well in some of the acting challenges.

6) Daya - Still think she's a horrid cow who has equated being a bitch to the virtue of honesty. BUT I will give her credit, she did well this week and her runways have been good.

7) Deja - Jesus how is she still here? Serving face - that exact clenched jaw, powder puff direct hit face. Plus reliably booger runways every time. She's not a bad person or anything, but ... really?? Jasmine went out before her, who's next?

oh I know I've used this comparison before with, I think Jorgeous, but Ru looked like Drag Gozer this week and it was incredible.

NOW Y'ALL KNOW they've been ISSUING the chocolate bars. You could see that shit MINUTES into the episode.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable episode, with Camden cementing herself as ESSENTIAL.

Deja is literally only surviving because she doesn't fit anywhere :D The bottom 2 should've been her and Jorgeous, with Jorgeous slaying and no golden bar.

Daya wants to be a villain so bad. But if anything, in just this episode alone, Bosco made a much better villain. Villains are best when they're more talented than everyone else lol

Bosco was unraveling very quickly throughout the episode. Deja’s runways are terrible but Bosco is just the same thing over and over.

I thought the musical was quite good, reusing songs were familiar with makes it more digestible.

Camden, Willow and Daya were my favorites. I again very much enjoy grumpy Daya.

You could have told me Alyssa Hunter was on last season and I'd honestly have believed you :D When will it END?
We've used up the double save, we've used up the golden chocolate, we've used up keeping a bitch cuz there was literally no other choice. If they do ONE MORE SAVE I'm throwing myself into the river.

I don't really care for Bosco OR Lady Camden, but I thought the edit this week was MOST UNFAIR painting Bosco as the HIDEOUS VILLAIN vs Camden as the untouchable cinnamon bun, when both had equal right for the part they wanted? The confessionals were weighted so heavily in Camden's favour it was a bit gross to watch, a ONE SIDED EDIT even.

Anyway, I've probably watched too much reality TV but I'm sure the show is after a Camden win now. And fine, at least we won't have to suffer her again on All Stars :disco:

I don't really care for Bosco OR Lady Camden, but I thought the edit this week was MOST UNFAIR painting Bosco as the HIDEOUS VILLAIN vs Camden as the untouchable cinnamon bun, when both had equal right for the part they wanted? The confessionals were weighted so heavily in Camden's favour it was a bit gross to watch, a ONE SIDED EDIT even.

Anyway, I've probably watched too much reality TV but I'm sure the show is after a Camden win now. And fine, at least we won't have to suffer her again on All Stars :disco:
Bosco forced everyone into the social awkwardness of going to a vote just so she could get validation! Like yes, it made good TV, but it was a very straight down the line example of making something EVERYONE ELSE'S problem in some way just so you could get what you wanted :D

Daya really is the most INCORRIGIBLE cunt and I'm kind of loving it :D The sheer brattery of whining that Jasmine didn't want her to go all the way after she just spent WEEKS saying 'yeah you didn't deserve it though you weren't that good x' after most of her successes!

Daya really is the most INCORRIGIBLE cunt and I'm kind of loving it :D The sheer brattery of whining that Jasmine didn't want her to go all the way after she just spent WEEKS saying 'yeah you didn't deserve it though you weren't that good x' after most of her successes!

Even after snatch game and they were all in the bottom, literally the first reaction was “I was the same level as JASMINE???”

Pit Stop was a bit rough this week, and I don’t just mean Monet’s looks

Pangina was nice, did she know Moulin Rouge was a film or does she only know Lady Marmalade? Otherwise she was just smiling and being congenial more than saying anything funny

Monet seemed to have forgotten Silky lip synced more than Jasmine, even though she was last week’s guest?

I always find her obsession with people fighting really weird

I like almost everyone on the cast.

Deja is proving herself better than she should be.

Daya is a top notch villain.

The weakest link is Jorgeous.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
Loved loved loved this week again! Keep dragging those weeks out if you will, "Drag Gods" :D

Ru's catwalk look - INCREDIBLE.

Jorgeous is excellent entertainment for me. Utterly charming, funny talking heads, bitchy put downs and that explosive choreo. It's all just a thrill. She's objectively pretty bad at the game but it's a fun old time watching her play it.

Daya's tepid villainy is the best thing she's got going for her. The drag isn't really ever there for me but she can steal a scene when she puts her mind to it - this week was a case in point. Stunning.

Deja has utterly run out of steam - the lewks are getting increasingly threadbare and barely approach fulfilling the brief :D

Lady Camden is a joy. Stunning catwalk this week and another one who it's just fun to hear what's going on in her head.

Anjeria has faded since the start which is such a shame. She seems a bit tired and out of sorts and I'd love to see that effortless glide through the challenges from the early weeks come back.

Bosco feels like we've seen it all but when what you've got is that spectacular, I can't be cross about it. I'd like to see a "non-Bosco" make up look like Michelle suggested this week but maybe that's missing the point. Either way, it's a great having her there each week and she really made Ru earn his next Emmy this week with his "HAH HAH - I'm Acting" reaction to the chocolate reveal :D

Willow's left field take on the theme was decidedly ropey, but it was a fun one to watch again. Not sure the Green Fairy did much for me, it felt like it could have been a lot funnier. Still, one for the Top 3 for sure and that's quite right too.

It's a tragedy that the Sad Trombone sound effect is now in retirement (until next season?) :(

How many weeks have we got left? Three? Hope there's a live FINALE this year.

I believe it’s a 16 episode season so we might have one more double save to come. Unless one of those episodes is a reunion.

I believe it’s a 16 episode season so we might have one more double save to come. Unless one of those episodes is a reunion.
I hope there's a separate reunion, though they'll probably roll that into the live show, if there is one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom