Saturday Night Live

and this was simply a delight from Molly Kearney who's really come into their own this in recent weeks

and...

"you step outside and not a SINGLE BULB FLASHES" :D :D :D

so the writers' strike is happening which means SNL likely won't air again this season. it had 3 episodes left...

...AND ONE OF THEM WAS GOING TO BE HOSTED BY JEN COOLIDGE?!!?!

ffs!!!

This is an older one, but I've only just discovered the actual Hot Ones youtube show an I'm obsessed with this. :D Maya Rudolph is a genius.

Now that the strike is (Kind of) over, this is finally coming back next Saturday the 14th :disco:

no news yet on who's staying and who's leaving though.

edit:

They do have a new cast member.

Ice spice has to be the most boring personality void "artist" out there this year. What am I missin? I don't get the hype.

How are they able to return when the actors are still striking?
essentially they can appear under SAG-AFTRA rules and contractually have to if the show returns. it's a bit complicated but:

"SAG-AFTRA members appearing on Saturday Night Live either as hosts, guests, or cast members are working under the Network Code agreement, which is not a contract we are striking. They are not in violation of SAG-AFTRA strike rules, and we support them in fulfilling their contractual obligations."

neither the Bad Bunny nor the Halloween episode was brilliant, but this skit in the latter is really fucking good

the premise of it is so simple but so funny and this Nate guy, who I didn't know before SNL, kills it

the Jacob Elordi ep had some good stuff, this bowling skit was cute and strange and very funny in the middle

I think the humour has got more strange in general, and much darker on weekend update. and I think the whole cast is super talented with no real weak links at the minute.

Jacob is very PRETTY and definitely a good sport but I wasn't 100% convinced about his comic timing. and it annoys me when the monologue is really soft or they do an audience Q&A/cameo format because I want to see the host being funny and ideally smashing it. they always go easy on the a-listers.

Who's that Trump? He's shit! I know they can't have Alec Baldwin every week because he's expensive and also killed a woman, but you'd think they could do better.

He's not even orange there? And far too THIN

Is Jacob Elordi OK? He looks like he's aged about a decade in the face since Saltburn.

I read somewhere that it's due to a role where he plays a soldier, but he looks extremely gaunt.

Is Jacob Elordi OK? He looks like he's aged about a decade in the face since Saltburn.
Jacob Elordi

Yeah, I’m a little bit light so I was concerned about wearing, you know, such baggy clothes. But yeah, I’ve lost a decent amount of weight to play a prisoner of war. So I’m a little bit concerned because I think I look like – I’ve seen a few photos on the internet of me as Slender Man.

he's the new Christian Bale! it's for a Patricia Highsmith adaptation called Deep Water.

this sketch was legit so funny

I slightly lost it at some of Ego and Heidi's lines and when they all broke.

also DAKOTA JOHNSON is hosting tonight and I'm so ready. she seems to have a really sly low key funny streak. I LOVE her viral Arch Digest house tour where she lied about loving limes and made many veiled criticisms of the AD team for rearranging her furniture :D :disco:

also DAKOTA JOHNSON is hosting tonight and I'm so ready. she seems to have a really sly low key funny streak. I LOVE her viral Arch Digest house tour where she lied about loving limes and made many veiled criticisms of the AD team for rearranging her furniture :D :disco:
Madame Web is going to be hilarious.:disco:

this please don't destroy roast was very funny, she's a riot

Dakota was a good host but otherwise it was just an ok episode

More of an ex-SNL moment, but the ending of this regular Seth Meyers feature is absolute gold. :D

very weekend update. I love Seth, he seems a genuinely lovely guy, somebody who would make you laugh at dinner and show up with good wine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom