Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version)

The tangerine version on the UK website is the same as the US Target edition so, yes, with the unnamed bonus track.

there's a delulu TikTok conspiracy that 1989 TV might be a double album.

the theory is based on the fact that the Kendrick Lamar Bad Blood feature is not included on the current track list (he's been seen in the studio with her) meaning that the double album could possibly be an album full of features. all of the Vault Tracks track lists this far have included features of artists who've inspired her, and the 1989 World Tour was guested by 57 different artists. also, the second S in the "TAYLOR'S VERSION" on the album cover is shaped like a snake. which could just mean she's alluding to the next re-recording being rep, but it could also mean that this conniving blondie might give us a whole album full of vault tracks with some of her favorite artists. it would also be a perfect time to release a collab album.

i'm not so sure about this, and her collabs are usually a hit or miss, but i would COLLAPSE if she released This Is What You Made For featuring Rihanna.

Housewives GIF by Bravo TV

there's a delulu TikTok conspiracy that 1989 TV might be a double album.

the theory is based on the fact that the Kendrick Lamar Bad Blood feature is not included on the current track list (he's been seen in the studio with her) meaning that the double album could possibly be an album full of features. all of the Vault Tracks track lists this far have included features of artists who've inspired her, and the 1989 World Tour was guested by 57 different artists. also, the second S in the "TAYLOR'S VERSION" on the album cover is shaped like a snake. which could just mean she's alluding to the next re-recording being rep, but it could also mean that this conniving blondie might give us a whole album full of vault tracks with some of her favorite artists. it would also be a perfect time to release a collab album.

i'm not so sure about this, and her collabs are usually a hit or miss, but i would COLLAPSE if she released This Is What You Made For featuring Rihanna.
sis! are you OK?

Style featuring Harry Styles is going to end me.

dying-dead.gif

It must annoy the absolute bejaysus out of the music industry that Swift has managed to work out the only real way to sell a back catalogue all over again but that literally no-one else could get away with it due to the specific nature of the circumstances that created Taylor's Versions and the gesture she is making by starting the project in the first place. The Greatest Hits album is a dead duck, remasters and coloured vinyl only go so far but imagine anyone else trying to re-record their entire catalogue and anyone giving a monkeys?

It must annoy the absolute bejaysus out of the music industry that Swift has managed to work out the only real way to sell a back catalogue all over again but that literally no-one else could get away with it due to the specific nature of the circumstances that created Taylor's Versions and the gesture she is making by starting the project in the first place. The Greatest Hits album is a dead duck, remasters and coloured vinyl only go so far but imagine anyone else trying to re-record their entire catalogue and anyone giving a monkeys?

and literally screaming how she still manages to SCAM her fans by selling them any old tat besides coloured vinyls and cassette tapes!

Also, for $50 bucks it's UGLY, what was she thinking :D

It's one thing to make hay while the sun shines but quite another to buy all the hay and then buy a 50% share in the sun too. Still - if it's what the fans want...

I don't like the new 1989 artwork very much. It wasn't a beachy album, it was her New York album! Bring back the polaroids!

the "chilling in the Hamptons on a cool Autumn afternoon" vibe of the artwork really is mystifying. that isn't a fit the sound of the album at all.

her artwork is mostly shit though, so queen stays consistent I guess

the "chilling in the Hamptons on a cool Autumn afternoon" vibe of the artwork really is mystifying. that isn't a fit the sound of the album at all.

This Love, Wildest Dreams, Style, Wonderland, and New Romantics sound very beachey to me.

I'll be genuinely interested in seeing the first week sales of this - I can see it outstripping Midnights in the US, the UK is harder to call.

I think she can open with 60k+ UK. streaming will be huge plus the infinite physical editions. credits for the new songs:

"Slut!” — Taylor Swift, Jack Antonoff & Patrik Berger
Say Don't Go — Taylor Swift & Diane Warren
Now That We Don't Talk — Taylor Swift & Jack Antonoff
Suburban Legends — Taylor Swift & Jack Antonoff
Is It Over Now? — Taylor Swift & Jack Antonoff

ok so are these not leftovers from 1989 or was she already working on bits and pieces with Jack as far back as 2013? Because 1989 ended up being mostly by Max Martin and some Ryan Tedder.

Diane Warren though :D :disco:

ok so are these not leftovers from 1989 or was she already working on bits and pieces with Jack as far back as 2013? Because 1989 ended up being mostly by Max Martin and some Ryan Tedder.

He did 'Out of the Woods' and a few other tracks with her for 1989. I suspect the vault tracks are all Jack Antonoff because Max Martin can't be arsed with the re-records.

1989 was the one re-release I had a mild interest in and all we get are a bunch of Jack Antonoff leftovers.:middlefinger:

1989 was the one re-release I had a mild interest in and all we get are a bunch of Jack Antonoff leftovers.:middlefinger:

I mean, if Max's unreleased tracks were a possible 7/10 I expect them Jack tracks to be a 5/10 at most. We lost!

Imogen Heap's unreleased tracks (which probably don't exist) were a possible 11/10 :(

I think we all know that most of the vault tracks across every TV were probably just some lyrics in notes app, or a voice memo that she's since gone back and turned into a song. so I'd be surprised if all these vault tracks as produced by Jack actually existed in 2013.

What are the odds SLUT! will be the single to promote because I bet it'll be serving millennial Olivia Rodrigo.

I’d say she may have a good top at three top tens next week, given sales/streams are fairly low.

I'm so curious about this album and what kind of job they've done. that new mix of Look What You Made Me Do sounded kinda shit, and after We Are Never... I really don't have much faith for the "personality" songs being done well. CONCERNED for Blank Space and frankly bracing for TRAUMA with Shake it Off.

it's also the first TV we've got for an album I was already intimately acquainted with back to front. even Red had a few I'd never spent much time with. I think for that reason I might be quite critical... roll on friday I guess.

Style isn't that bad, what a relief. It seems they were able to get back Shellback's original drum machine,

Most songs lack the punch of the originals and I think my main issue here is the VOCALS. I mean, what the hell is that Bad Blood intro?

initial feedback is not positive
I've just googled reviews (most of which posted in the last hour or so) and they're universal raves so far :disco:

I'm listening now and am having a LOVELY time.

I've only listened to Style and Out Of The Woods. Based on those two songs, it's a no from me.

Style in particular is EMOTIONLESS.

OOTW has a couple of subtle changes to the instrumental I like, but again, the vocals are just a bit dead compared to the original.

Soz Taylor but Scooter will still be getting my money for your best two songs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom