Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version)

The songs have definitely found an audience on tiktok /Spotify the last couple years. I just figured since it was the most recent, there may be less anticipation for it. But I’m probably wrong 🤷‍♂️
we're talking Swifties hun. there's widespread appetite for the CONTENT OF HER BINS! and no that is not shade against I Did Something Bad :disco:

Reactions: GNL
I look forward to this, but honestly I rarely play 1989. maybe it'll have a revival chez jarkette. I'm much more excited for reputation though. she BETTER go all out with either Don't Blame Me or Getaway Car as lead single.
I gave it a spin the other day which was my first in years as I feel like I actively SHOULDN't listen to the Scooter's versions these days.

It was ACTUALLY bit disappointing and sounds aged? Bangers remain present though. Welcome To New York is my vote for the lead single please.

Also WHYY has this been announced so soon after Speak Now TV? Is she disappointed at its floppage? The gap between Red TV and Speak Now TV was nearly two years!

I just feel she's bettered the pop songs since. if anything the best aged songs are Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Version is great) and Clean. I never need to hear Blank Space again in my life. I do love Welcome to New York although it seems quite widely hated among the fanbase :eyes:

I'd be here for a full Clean push as the first single unless there's a mega banger from the vault.

She already redid the best song from this album (FOR ME), but I'm curious to hear the rest!

Also WHYY has this been announced so soon after Speak Now TV? Is she disappointed at its floppage? The gap between Red TV and Speak Now TV was nearly two years!

I wonder if she’s ready to move on. All these reissues and songs coming back like Cruel Summer feel like they take away from her current output. Midnights seems a LOOOONG time ago. I wonder if the plan is to get the TVs done and out of the way now.

Anyway, I’m excited- it’s the first of the albums I bought of hers and the first in which I know the songs REEEEEALLLY well. I haven’t owned any of the other original vinyls of the TVs, but this one I do- be interesting to see whether I stick with the original or move on with the TV and be done with that.

(Also was “Speak Now” floppage a joke? I thought it did really well…)

(Also was “Speak Now” floppage a joke? I thought it did really well…)
biggest Spotify female debuts:

1. Midnights - 186m
2. Speak Now (Taylor's Version) - 126.3m
3. Red (Taylor's Version) - 90.8m
4. folklore 80.6m
5. evermore 70m

FLUSH!!

While, yes it was a joke, maybe it's me but I'm not seeing MUCH discourse about it now. Red TV seemed to be in the headlines for weeks after launch. I guess that had All Too Well and the mini-film whereas Speak Now has come out in the midst of a huge headline hogging tour

The first leg of the Tour has wrapped up and now she's coming for our third-world country coins, SLAY ME QUEEN. I've found a list of the secret songs that are left and we will be eating CRUMBS I tell you. Though I wish she does wheel out So It Goes... and Better Than Revenge, it would make my life.

I will be handing out friendship bracelets with Moopy phrases instead of her song titles mind.

30705.jpg

I agree with Shee, I think she wants the tvs over and done by the end of next year. the tour sustains momentum until then. she's been recording a lot recently too, but who knows if that's for reputation tv, debut or new material...

Midnights felt to me like a between album, with some safe hits to get her back on pop radio, some really great album tracks that still didn't touch her best material from Lover to evermore, and I think its success and the longevity and slayage of Anti-Hero probably surprised her a bit.

she's in such an interesting position because she seems culturally untouchable right now, vastly more popular than ever before and than anyone else in the game, while giving the impression of maturing and pushing herself and remaining very likeable. but there are so many albums to release, between older and new material, that she kinda risks total overexposure.

and there's really no other cultural touchpoint to reference her career against, she's just... Taylor Swift

from the Karma music video:

FxG3HPtaAAcW1eE

blue nail = 1989 = 8 (August)
black nail = rep = 2 (February)

4896.jpg

I'm not TS collector :eyes: but 1989 is my favourite so I have pre-ordered the vinyl as well as 3 of the limited CDs :D
I would have gotten all four but the blue one was sold out within minutes!

yes, the beach is AI and the polaroid is photoshopped, what about it? can't believe we're still discrediting artists' creative and intellectual work in a post-TV world

Scooter's version of Blank Space re-entered the Hot 100 this week (recurrent rules require older tracks to re-enter at #50 or higher)

It should rise next week and "Style" is also at the cusp of re-entering.

love love love love love Taylor's Versace lewk at the VMAs yesterday

looking forward to "Slut!" honestly 💀

also, let's celebrate no sign of features; especially from Harry Styles or Nicki Minaj like it was rumoured.

This is going to be massive isn’t it? I mean, all the TV’s are, but given the popularity of the album in its initial form, this is surely going to be even bigger than the rest.

She's announced a further vinyl colour with...a bonus track! Because of course she has.

I do find her marketing pretty cynical. She did that with Midnights as well I think - announced and pre-sold 4 vinyl colours and then added a fifth with one extra song, IIRC. It does start to feel a bit gougey at a certain point.

I do find her marketing pretty cynical. She did that with Midnights as well I think - announced and pre-sold 4 vinyl colours and then added a fifth with one extra song, IIRC. It does start to feel a bit gougey at a certain point.
I just feel like everyone is monetising as much as they can, and she can more the most. I don't mind because nobody is under any pressure to buy multiple variants. you do so if you're a collector and have the money for it.

this will be SCARY HUGE and if any of the vault tracks are properly good she'll easily snatch another #1. she is too powerful, I fear

I just feel like everyone is monetising as much as they can, and she can more the most. I don't mind because nobody is under any pressure to buy multiple variants. you do so if you're a collector and have the money for it.
I think the "you don't have to buy it" argument is a bit thin when you already know how many people *want* to buy it. It's all a bit Wild West at the minute with box set and vinyl prices scaling new heights with each passing month (have you seen what Nirvana want £180 for?). Anyway - I'll have a vanilla CD as long as it isn't a daft price either, like the Speak Now TV CD.

UGH!

And cheaper than the UK version by a mile still.

God this country sucks.

it's £34.89 (lol) or €41, so actually it's the same price

i'm so shocked she hasn't promoted Cruel Summer

it's had like 6 weeks where it could easily go #1 but she's just been watching it linger between #2-4 all this time

the Taylor i know would release EIGHT banger remixes to secure that #1. and an acoustic version the week after for #1 longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom