Taylor Swift - Bad Blood

KindaCool

Basic bopz plz
I believe this is the next single. I'm not sure there's an official audio available yet, which is weird because I've heard it on the radio a few times already. But this is the gist of it anyway. Excellent track I think. Even better than Style. Her singles from "1989" have all gradually been better than the last.

Also, am I the only one who think she KINDA sounds like Avril Lavigne in this? (kinda wish it was her)

it's CRAP. the biggest disappointment from the album, especially after all the hype.

No.

But it's a fabulous song.

But it's also not "Out of the Woods".

It's an awful single choice :( It just sounds far too childish and out of place on the album. I think I'll be a bit annoyed if it gets a proper video treatment when Style didn't.

Rumours that the single mix features either Kendrick or Minaj.

THIS IS THE WORST SINGLE OF 1989

what a stupid decision. Meanwhile Out Of The Woods and New Romantics weep in some corner

I find her smug. (and her cabal of friends, all of whom seem to be celebrities. I feel quite alone in expressing this opinion as well, which is frustrating)

It's an awful single choice :( It just sounds far too childish and out of place on the album. I think I'll be a bit annoyed if it gets a proper video treatment when Style didn't. Rumours that the single mix features either Kendrick or Minaj.

Hm? I LOVED the Style video!

I still think this is a very poor single choice when they have everything else waiting in the wings, but whatever, the album has already sold like five million in the US so who cares

Movie poster style promo pic for the video:

CEZv3YaUMAAQMSG.jpg

of course she's going to be all invested on this release unlike POOR Style which had like zero performances nor she did any interviews. bitch.

of course she's going to be all invested on this release unlike POOR Style which had like zero performances nor she did any interviews. bitch.

What was the reason she did that? Style could have easily become a bigger hit than it was

What was the reason she did that? Style could have easily become a bigger hit than it was

everything about Style reminded her about her ex-boyfriend Harry Styles hence she ignored the release. She might have included it in the setlist for the current tour but watch her disown it altogether in a few years.

This sucks ass, about the weakest track. The album starts off with an incredible opening volley, but gets weaker in the second half. Why didn't they go with Out of the Woods?!

Last edited:
Interesting little report about the video. Sounds like it's going to be quite an affair.

I'm not so sure why everyone is surprised this is a single/think it's a bad choice? It's catchy, the braindeads will love it, and one of her big target audiences, children, will lap it up

Out of the Woods and this are the only hits left on the album anyway

I'm not so sure why everyone is surprised this is a single/think it's a bad choice? It's catchy, the braindeads will love it, and one of her big target audiences, children, will lap it up

Out of the Woods and this are the only hits left on the album anyway
don't forget 'new romantics' as well...

i think the problem with this song is that its a regression from brand of honest pop and sounds more like katy doing an avril impression. also i can't see why it'd encourage anyone to purchase the album which at this stage of the campaign is the primary intention.

Single #5? I'm still stuck on Blank Space (classic case of a song being brilliant despite of the artist).

Last edited:
Style really was a missed opportunity. I think Bad Blood will do well and I don't mind it, but I agree that it's a step back.

OOTW, New Romantics or the unmentioned All You Had to Do Was Stay would be much more interesting and appealing choices.

In other news, she's performing an acoustic medley of Enchanted and Wildest Dreams on tour that I'm excited about.

I love this excerpt from her new Elle cover story

“I was telling my mom this yesterday when I was putting together a package for this British fan-I was writing her notes and stuff, my mom was helping me wrap presents-and she goes, “Remember last year?” Last year Red was nominated for Album of the Year. You go into Grammy week thinking, I’m not going to win and I’m fine with that and I have enough happiness and success. And if I don’t win, I won’t be sad. And the everybody comes up to you at these functions and they go, “You know you’re going to win Album of the Year; you know you’re going to win Album of the Year; I voted for you for Album of the Year, you’re going to win; you’re going to win.” And so then you start getting hopeful. So we got to the awards and they’re announcing the winner for the Album of the Year-last award of the night-and the presenter says, “Album of the Year; RRRRRRRandom Access Memories, Daft punk! And, you know, you clap because you support other people and all that. And then I didn’t want to go to after-parties. I just wanted to lay in a blanket and eat an In-N-Out burger on my couch. I found myself wanting something that anyone would want, and I was really bummed. My backup singers texted me and said, “Hey, are you okay?” And I wrote, “I’m okay, but I’d love some company. So they come over, and I was like, "Hey, do you want to hear something I wrote this week?” And I played them the demo of “Welcome to New York.” And they look at me and go, “This is an ‘80s throwback song-you’re using all ‘80s sounds on this. And I was like, "Wow, I didn’t really think about that, but I’d been doing that on every song I’ve made for this record so far. I go to sleep, and I wake up in the middle of the night at three in the morning and sit up straight, like out of a movie, and go "1989. It’s called 1989.” That moment wouldn’t have happened if I had won Album of the Year. So many things would have been different if I hadn’t experience failure-the way I live my life and my resilience-and if I hadn’t been harshly criticized every step of the way. So that’s what gives me faith that even if you made a mistake in the past, or you didn’t do something quite as well as you wanted to, these are things we learn from-it’s not useless.”

"Do you know how many sit downs I got at the label about that? A lot of me making this album was me going in the studio, making something I loved, and showing it to the label and getting a principle’s-office discussion. Like, “Young lady, you know you’re not going to sell as many albums if you’re not labeled as country.” I wasn’t kicking and screaming, but I was very firm about the fact that to call this album a country album would be the biggest mistake. Because when you’re trying to fool people, you insinuating that you think they’re stupid. And insinuating that people aren’t going to see through your transparent motives is the one worst mistake you can make as an artist who is supposed to respect their fans. That was my argument. I got really, really lectured about not putting my name on the title on the front of the album cover―that was fun. And then it was suggested to me that we use a different picture for the album cover because, they kept saying, “We need eyes, lips, hair on an album cover. You know no one’s going to know who that is.” And I was like, “That’s the point. We’re starting over.” Also, the reason I didn’t put my face on the album cover is because I didn’t want people to fully diagnose the emotional DNA of this album before it came out. If I’m smiling, it’s a happy record; if I’m frowning, it’s a sad record. I wanted people to be able to detect no emotion on my face. It was just taken on this ‘80s Polaroid camera that I have. I knew that I was doing something that I fully believed in when I was confronted with these people on my team, who were only going by what they knew―which is that there hasn’t been a successful country-to-pop crossover, really ever, who has sold as well as their country career did. They’d say “You’re not going to sell as much.“ and I would say, “I don’t care. This is the album I made, this is what I’m going to call it, this is how I’m going to label it.” I knew that I’d made songs that my fans would like; I was like, “You guys don’t know them like I do. You sit in an office, I’m out there at shows with them, I’m on tumblr talking to them, I know what they want from me.” Thank God it worked out. If we’d sold one album less than a million in the first week, it would have been two years of “Taylor, we told you.” So glad we sold almost 1.3 [million] in the first week.”

I love that crushing failure for her is not winning a major award that she's won before :D

there is something really off about her.

style is still amazing mind.

HEAR HEAR

There is no such thing as over the top. This is POP MUSIC.

I hope Jark refers to her ignoring Style and going full force with THIS.

This will OBVIOUSLY be another #1 for her. #JusticeForStyle

"Style" is her best single, not her best song, but her best single. There's something new I find to love about it with every listen.

I love driving to it. Well being in the passenger seat at least. It's a fantastic song and I agree with Pop that opens up with each listen. Bad Blood just gives it all in one go. Decent and has one good line (Band aids don't fix bullet holes) but it's a,retreat from the last two singles and even Shake It Off.

I've fallen in love with Red again. The song. Style somewhat reminds me of it.

I do however agree with Jark and Marilyn that the idea of a popstar making too much of an.effort is a faulty criticism. But then, it's to be expected from some people.

Well the video is being premiered at the Billboard Music Awards so that's probably why it's such an EXTRAVAGANZA.

The video, which features the new Kendrick Lamar remix:

<iframe src="https://vid.me/e/BO8R" width="804" height="452" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

Expensive and looks nice but lazily edited IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom