Taylor Swift - "Lover" [New Album]

Calm Down is literally Gorgeous and Nice Things thrown into a blender but I really like it. This super-juvenile makeover seems overly calculated though.

I appreciate that You Need To Calm Down sounds like a more fun version of what she was trying to achieve with the last album.

But I don’t like it much.

She is, unsurprisingly, being dragged on Twitter for this, with critics poring over micro-details in the lyrics and complaining that she CLEARLY doesn't know the true origin of the phrase "throwing shade" and all the usual stuff. I haven't heard the song yet (I'm at work) but I can say I'm that bothered at first look at the lyrics. She's in that stage where anything she does will be slagged off at volume somewhere so she might as well do whatever she likes.

I like this

Snakes and stones never broke my bones is my favourite lyric of the year

I think more than anyone else, Taylor Swift has made us of "all publicity is good publicity". It's already dethroned Old Town Road on US iTunes.

Was 'Me!' considered a bit of a disappointment, chart wise?

I can't tell what constitutes a hit anymore but it seemed like it kind of came and went...

I think more than anyone else, Taylor Swift has made us of "all publicity is good publicity". It's already dethroned Old Town Road on US iTunes.
She has a strong core of mad fans, of course it's #1 in iTunes. That doesn't mean anything in 2019

I would've thought it meant something when it's outdone Old Town Road, which is getting insane numbers and is set to beat Mariah's record .But I dunno .maybe it's weakening

Was 'Me!' considered a bit of a disappointment, chart wise?

I can't tell what constitutes a hit anymore but it seemed like it kind of came and went...

I don't think so - while it was downhill all the way it was a slow downhill. Radio was certainly done with it very quickly.

What is an old town road when it is at home anyway?

What is an old town road when it is at home anyway?

The lack of punctuation makes it difficult to say whether this would be a road that led to, through or from the "old town" or whether this is a road called "Old Town Road" or, indeed, a town road which is now considered old.

Bloody Americans, they should learn proper English.

I'm going into the album with an open mind. I found a fair bit to like about reputation in the end and Delicate is one of her best songs. Let's just hope the whole album isn't recycled melodies cos Calm Down is just a hefty repackaging of Gorgeous with some Nice Things thrown in, it's quite shameless really

Calm Down is AWFUL! she ripped of ME! but with different lyrics, shameless.

I'm not a Swifter but sometimes it's frustrating how she doesn't seem to show any evolution at all. same tired schtick since 2014

Cos it's TIME. No other reason. She could cure syphilis at the minute and still be a villain.

Frankly, I think you're underestimating the importance of syphilis to the homosexual community, but I DO take your point...

I don’t have the energy to dislike pop stars anymore, but it does strike that Taylor’s just got far too aggressively self aware these days.

All the snake imagery and songs like Look What You Made Me Do and the videos have a very HAHA EVERYONE HATES ME BUT I’M TOTALLY IN ON THE JOKE GUYS!!! vibe.

It never works. (See: Geri Halliwell circa Scream If You Wanna Go Faster)

Delicate was pretty good though.

I'm surprised nobody's posted the video yet!

Quite good fun, especially if you like celeb cameos and Drag Race :o

Me too! The video had nice refs, and wasn’t like HERE’S A REFERENCE about it.

Poor Tati a background queen though. Who was Taylor in that lineup?

I was trying to work out who was being who.

Tati as Ariana, Trinity as Gaga, Akeria as Nicki, Delta as... Madonna? Adele? Wasn’t sure who Adore was being

It is. She did Taylor in Snatch Game at the time.

So many cameos .

Loved seeing Katy. I guess they made up.

It does seem all a bit self congratulatory though doesn't it? She always seems that kinda girl.

Regardless, this bitch knows how to play the game so well

this bitch is getting on my nerves and not in a good way

snatch that pink pound while it's still pride month I GUESS

at this point I'm afraid she'll pop up at my gay wedding; UNINVITED!

I was trying to work out who was being who.

Tati as Ariana, Trinity as Gaga, Akeria as Nicki, Delta as... Madonna? Adele? Wasn’t sure who Adore was being
Adore is dressed as Katy Perry, Delta is Adele, and there's also Riley Knoxx as Beyoncé and Trinity K Bonet as Cardi B :)

Is this a proper single then or are they just covering all bases with the video?

this bitch is getting on my nerves and not in a good way

snatch that pink pound while it's still pride month I GUESS

at this point I'm afraid she'll pop up at my gay wedding; UNINVITED!

Y'know, I'm no massive Taylor Swift fan, but isn't a woman who has endlessly made public statements about LGBTQ+ rights, hell, even secretly donated money to Pride projects, deserving of a little more credit than "snatching the pink pound" because she's made a pro-LGBTQ+ video?

God, I hate a pointless backlash. And it's ALWAYS the females who get it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom