Taylor Swift - "Lover" [New Album]

She has such a bizarre non- linear discography, and I absolutely love it.

I still find it one of the most baffling decisions ever that Cruel Summer wasn't a single and I hope they somehow find time mid- tour to give it a video and a proper push. It's the best thing she's ever done.

it really is her best BIG POP SONG at the very least (tied with Getaway Car obvs).

I'd say not making it the lead single was an insane oversight but I'm sure she PLANNED IT LIKE THIS ALL ALONG :disco:

"I don't want Lover to PEAK TOO SOON", says Taylor in a boardroom in 2018, to an incredulous audience of men in suits who simply can't imagine Cruel Summer organically taking off five years from now. little do they know their popstar has been mobilising the world's most unhinged army of spiced latte-clutching young women... :disco:

The only thing I can think is that she planned to do a Taylor's Version of Lover all along, even though she doesn't "need" to, as a closing "surprise" to the series and that she was saving Cruel Summer for that. It seems a REALLY FUCKING STRANGE world where you think "Me!" and "You Need To Calm Down" are better "lead" singles, let alone the rest.

Albeit that, let's face it, her strategy hasn't exactly done her any harm :D

My guess was the record company thought both "Me!" and "You Need To Calm Down" made sense as singles since they were songs more likely to be played on the radio, 5 years ago when people listened to the radio and bought music. :confused:

Not to mention she's rewritten You Need To Calm Down at least 5 times already, you could hum most of her singles over it.

I quite like “You Need to Calm Down” but there was no reason for either to be released when “Cruel Summer” was right there.

Already flying up pop radio, Spotify and is top 50 on the Hot 100.

Utterly ridiculous but utterly fantastic.

fortunately for her, I don’t think she’s had to lift a finger to catapult this.

I meant, when did she find the time to film a VIDEO for it? :D or maybe she'll treat us with one made up of footage from the ERAS TOUR?

In the UK surely this must be getting close to re-charting? She’s only allowed three tracks in the charts, but Snow is #80 and given this is #25 on Spotify, even with ACR she surely can’t be far from this taking over? It’s #77 overall on streaming (I imagine that’ll continue to climb) with Snow not top 100, so it must be close I’d assume.

Especially it must surely be getting reset with its gains soon?

This is so going to be massive isn’t it?! :D

She confirmed that it was intended to become a single in 2020 but the pandemic happened. After "The Man" kind of flopped, it is probably for the best it was saved until now. I feel like it would've been passed by somewhat without her resurgence the last three years.

I love how honest she is - it’s a single because my fans are NUTS and have essentially demanded it is released five years later.

releasing it in the summer of 2020 would have been messy.

fever dream high in the quiet of the night, you know that i caught it. :hostage:

“Cruel Summer” is up to #4 on US Spotify today. It surely will be battling out for #1 with the streams and booming airplay in July. Olivia may block it though since she is coming 6/30. Would be ironic since she controversially drew influence from Cruel Summer in “Deja Vu” (to the point where Taylor was belatedly given a songwriting credit).

girlie is running on three eras at the same time. Midnights, Lover, and SN (TV). it's incredible how she doesn't suffer from overexposure. Ariana released 2 albums in 6 months and had to disappear for 5 years to recover (Position came and went).

girlie is running on three eras at the same time. Midnights, Lover, and SN (TV). it's incredible how she doesn't suffer from overexposure. Ariana released 2 albums in 6 months and had to disappear for 5 years to recover (Position came and went).

a certain half Italian pop girlie should ALSO take note!

It NEEDS an epic video, though when the fuck she gets chance to do one I don't know.

And it needs to be, in some WEIRD WAY, her biggest hit EVER. It's UTTERLY deserving whilst also ENTIRELY crackpot, and I'm HERE for that.

omg this is going to be Top 10 at Billboard in no time, right?

I’d say. Airplay is exploding, as is Spotify. Surely just a few weeks away.

UK it’s up to #12 on Spotify today. I assume they may ask for a reset?

#8 on Spotify now :D The tour announcement has sent everything from her flying back up. It really is beyond remarkable, even for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom