Taylor Swift - Red (4th Album)

I really quite like it. It reminds me of a big NINETIES RADIO HIT for some reason. I loved Mine but it's nice to see her getting in touch with her inner Jennifer Paige.

She's a giant tween like Carly-Rae Jepsen, and she needs to stop complaining about her love life constantly. She brings misery on herself by dating every homo in Hollywood.

I quite like the song though. It reminds me of something from about ten years ago but I have no idea what. Probably Avril or something

'Let Go' Avril is actually what it was originally compared to when some radio DJ heard it before anyone else. I can kind of hear it but it reminds me more of that era than Avril herself. If only this album is HALF AS GOOD as 'Let Go'.

Its first full day at US radio :o

TAYLOR SWIFT - We Are Never Ever Getting...: 50.114 (+ 44.164)

It will most likely have to debut THIS week in the lower half of the Hot 100 instead of debuting at #1 next week due to its already massive airplay but still I've never seen this big of an update before.

Last edited:
I like it but I can really hear Shellback and Martin's influence in the writing. It's quite juvenile in a way that reminds me of Avril's last album campaign rather than Let Go.

What a HUGE airplay update!! That's a teensy little bit insane really. At this rate I'll be a little disappointed if it doesn't make #1.

With its 80% lead on iTunes it must have a huge chance now I'd think.

Clear Channel deal though.

Gaga, Rihanna, Justin, J-Lo, Madonna all had the same deal (and they were the closest behind Taylor with this record) and opened with less airplay so I don't think it dims the accomplishment. Taylor just has massive appeal across pretty much every imaginable demographic and radio format... Pop, Country, Hot AC, AC are already playing it to death. I'm sure even Rhythmic will jump on board. And with just one full day of airplay its debuted on the Hot 100 this week, all the sales will count toward next week:

Taylor Swift, meanwhile, enters the Hot 100 at No. 72 with "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," the first single from her fourth studio album, "Red," due Oct. 22. The song arrives after being released to retail and radio only late Monday (Aug. 13), with its first two days of airplay accounting for a No. 25 start on Radio Songs (40 million), the highest debut rank for a song by a female country act in the airplay tally's 21-year history. As previously reported, the song should make a dramatic play for the top of next week's Hot 100 after logging a full first week of sales and airplay. (Highlights of next week's Hot 100 will post next Wednesday (22) on Billboard.com.)

Last edited:
As lyrics videos go, this is a good'n

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gcMn_Eu-XTE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I LOVE this - totally agree that it's quite early-'00s pop-rock, although I'd say it's more Hilary Duff than Avril Lavigne. I really have no issue with it or her being absolutely MASSIVE yet again. I don't think she's ever delivered an 11/10 single, but her strike-rate is consistently high if you like the sort of pop that she does

Someone really has had too much time on their hands to make that lyric video over the past few days. The song has grown on my quite a bit now

I think they get paid at least, they're made by the record labels to promote the song on YouTube officially before the music video is out there.

It's still selling nearly double of the #2 on US iTunes. #1 this week on the Hot 100 is a no-brainer but it might actually stay there the follow week as well

I usually don't like her music, but this is great.

Wow-
@TaylorSwift13's We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together sold 623,000 in the US - the biggest digital sales week ever for a song by a woman.

"Right Round" by Flo Rida sold 10k or so more its debut week, I believe, back in February '09. I am still PERPLEXED by that but there you go

And Taylor will be performing at the MTV VMAs

Last edited:
VMA's promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6c9NdGRGgzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ask Billboard posted the up-to-date Soundscan sales of all Taylor's albums and singles in the US:

Hi Julian,

Nice to hear from you!

Here you go: first, Swift's U.S. album sales to-date (which equal 17.8 million), according to Nielsen SoundScan:

6,586,000, "Fearless" (2008)
5,230,000, "Taylor Swift" (2006)
4,153,000, "Speak Now" (2010)
883,000, "The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection" (EP) (2007)
306,000, "Speak Now: World Tour Live CD + DVD" (2010)
304,000, "Beautiful Eyes" (EP) (2008)

... and, her top 25-selling downloads, according to SoundScan, a list which "Never" joins after its first week of retail availability:

5,387,000, "Love Story" (the best-selling download by a female country solo artist)
4,122,000, "You Belong With Me"
3,008,000, "Our Song"
2,722,000, "Teardrops on My Guitar"
2,081,000, "Mine"

1,809,000, "Mean"
1,766,000, "White Horse"
1,688,000, "Back to December"
1,559,000, "Two Is Better Than One" (Boys Like Girls feat. Swift)
1,492,000, "Today Was a Fairytale"

1,465,000, "Picture to Burn"
1,419,000, "Tim McGraw"
1,313,000, "Should've Said No"
1,300,000, "Safe & Sound" (feat. the Civil Wars)
1,271,000, "Fifteen"

1, 224,000, "Ours"
1,076,000, "Eyes Open"
943,000, "Crazier"
904,000, "Fearless"
841,000, "Sparks Fly"

737,000, "Both of Us" (B.o.B feat. Swift)
727,000, "Forever & Always"

701,000, "I'm Only Me When I'm With You"
697,000, "You're Not Sorry"
623,000, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"

video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oCYRlpcoyRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

why has she become an instagram hipster dickhead?

and i was hoping that animal guy with the big hair would catch on fire.

Last edited:
Oh Lordy no Taylor. I don't want to watch that video EVER AGAIN.

The song has kind of stagnated for me now, it's just not got a whole lot of staying power after the initial enjoyment. It seems to be sticking around quite nicely on iTunes though - still #8 so that's good.

She's released a new song on iTunes called "Ronan" that's already #1

[SC]http://soundcloud.com/hayuastuti/taylor-swift-ronan[/SC]

"Ronan" is a promotional single released on September 8, 2012 by American country pop artist Taylor Swift to iTunes Stores. Swift wrote the single based on a blog she read of a four year old boy who had died from cancer. Swift wrote the song, with co-writing credit going to Maya Thompson, the mother of the boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom